History of The Town of Odyssey

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Consider adding every election outcome to the list, because they're all noteworthy. Besides those, here some other tidbits I can remember. \:D/
  • December 29, 2008 - the ToO Hall of Power was opened.
  • June 12, 2009 - Mayor for a Day with Dr. Watson (during iTaliq, but appointed by Iron Crusader).
  • September 22, 2009 - Mayor for a Day with Trent and Laura.
  • During iTaliq - dracie and Tyler are appointed to the tech group.
  • Also during iTaliq - several AIO characters visit in an un-named mini-arc.
  • October 11, 2009 - The Second Church is moved from being a long-time fraction to Old Gower Road.
  • July 29, 2010 - Mayor for a Weekend with DAM.
  • During KR2 - Eugene is appointed to the tech group.
  • The third election had the most votes (110) and the highest number of teams (5).
  • Term one had the lowest number of mods (9).
  • Election thirteen had the highest number of posts, threads, and money needed to enter the race ($250,000).
  • The fourteenth election had the lowest amount of money need to enter the race ($4,000) and was the first after the reset/upgrade.
  • The most recent election (before the current one) broke a four-election streak of having two teams on the ballot.
Last edited by Irwin on Wed May 11, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Wow, nice list. I'll get those added in. And I might eventually add in all the elections, but that's a lot of em.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

July 16, 2009 Mini Girls Convention in VA - Hannahjiejie, JIA, TheArtfulDodger and Angel :)
Just curious, why do you have a ~ next to the 2nd LU convention? The information is correct. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There was also the very first Mayor for a Day, with myself and Taq. \:D/ That was during David O and JF's term, and the dates were January 24-26, 2007.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Laura Ingalls wrote:There was also the very first Mayor for a Day, with myself and Taq. \:D/ That was during David O and JF's term, and the dates were January 24-26, 2007.
I remember hearing that on the Unofficial Podcast. :)
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Angel wrote:Just curious, why do you have a ~ next to the 2nd LU convention? The information is correct. :)
I just wasn't completely sure of the dates.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

ooooooohhhhh... I'm not sure what the date is on this one... I'll do some digging for it tho....
The Fad of the "paw" at the end of your username... and the two letter username fad. those were both AWESOME

Also... I think the second LU convention was at the very beginning of November.... I'm not sure tho
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Steve wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:There was also the very first Mayor for a Day, with myself and Taq. \:D/ That was during David O and JF's term, and the dates were January 24-26, 2007.
I remember hearing that on the Unofficial Podcast. :)
I miss the UAIOP :(
Candy wrote:ooooooohhhhh... I'm not sure what the date is on this one... I'll do some digging for it tho....
The Fad of the "paw" at the end of your username... and the two letter username fad. those were both AWESOME

Also... I think the second LU convention was at the very beginning of November.... I'm not sure tho
Lakehead University?!?! I didn't know we had such a large population of AIO fans in Thunderbay.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Liberty University... that's the usual meaning.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Candy wrote: Also... I think the second LU convention was at the very beginning of November.... I'm not sure tho
She's right. The first Liberty convention was in October, but the second LU convention was in early November (the 5th-8th, I think). :p
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

June 3, 2007 - Sarai Binghamton becomes the youngest elected admin at 13
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If someone would like to collect the dates of the main events of this most recent arc (nobody making the money deadline, Catspaw becoming the evil dictator, the clans being restarted, the dodgeball fight, etc.), I will add those in.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011