Fox News- Usama Bin Laden is DEAD!! WHEEE!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Fox News- Usama Bin Laden is DEAD!! WHEEE!!!

Post by Iron and Light »

Despite the fact that Bin Laden's death means virtually nothing (other than giving some retarded Americans a chance to 'feel good' about their doomed country that's going down the toilet and yet another opportunity to get drunk \:D/), the news articles concerning his 'death' still draw my attention. Please tell me what's up with this article (and quite frankly, the morons that wrote it), because truly, I'm perplexed- and trust me, my being perplexed does not happen often. Actually, no... to be truly honest, I'm not perplexed. I'm just amused. Can't exactly remember a time when I was really 'perplexed'. *cough*

Continuing on.

Headline on Fox News: "URGENT: BIN LADEN KILLED IN FIREFIGHT; BURIED AT SEA BY U.S.".

The article says about midway down, "Officials said bin Laden’s body, which was in U.S. custody, was given a sea burial."

Keep reading though, folks. The end of the article reads "The method of burial has yet to be determined, but a number of scenarios are being considered -- including sending the body to Pakistan, Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia, his birth country."

Am I missing something here? I think some people need to get their heads out of their butts :).

Also, if you don't trust me, you can read the stupidity here:

Stupidity to the max.\

And the asinine headline can be seen riiight here:

Retarded headline ftw!

Doesn't it make you fellow Americans feel soo proud about the skills of our 'best' news reporters! =o.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Well, they may have changed it. The next to last paragraph says about the sea burial. :-k I don't see that other stuff? Or was it in the second article...?

\:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I highly doubt Fox News reporters are considered our "best". >_>
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Read 'em again, I&L. They must've fixed them, or you read it in another article and linked differently.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wow it's like I've seen this topic somewhere else before! \:D/

Also:

I like Fox News but they need a spell check.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

And you are happy that he died because...?
~AC~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Because he was one of the worst Terrorist's in the world :shrugs: Or maybe just because I&L didn't like his beard :shrugs: Either one.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

thegreenringC wrote:Because he was one of the worst Terrorist's in the world :shrugs: Or maybe just because I&L didn't like his beard :shrugs: Either one.
It was the beard.

And the fact that she couldn't spell his name.
Last edited by Steve on Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | a little stinker.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

They updated it sometime last night- it used to read exactly as I posted. To all y'all that missed it in all of it's contradicting bliss... it's a shame :(. Because it truly was hysterical, and a great tribute to stupidity.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think it might be more of a tribute to publishing a breaking story while information was still coming in. :shrugs:
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

No- nearly every other major new network had gotten the story straight that his body had been laid to rest at sea. This just serves to annoy me concerning Fox ;).

And yes, Fox reporters are also considered to be some of the best. Reporters from any of the major new networks are all expected to be intelligent writers.... not to contradict themselves in their own article. A simple proof reading before it went online would have corrected this mistake, and in that case they should have said that they were unsure as to future burial plans if they were unsure.

Lastly, the 'burial' of bin Laden's 'body' this soon after his 'death'... yeah, let's just say it leads me to believe it's all just a stupid political stunt put on by a president panicking about re-election due to the state of the economy he was going to 'fix'. I hate Obama. Should I re-state that last sentence? Oh yeah. I hate Obama.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It’s my understanding that the immediate burial, as well as the nature of it (sea) was so his followers could not make a shrine out of his gravesite.

Edit:

Wait, I’m not sure how to interpret all your air-quotes.
Are you insinuating that this was all faked?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Thus spawns the first proponent of a new conspiratorial theory. The Deathers. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Are the Deathers also Truthers?! \:D/
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Eh, I do believe he's dead (unless Obama wishes to ruin our country forever in the eyes of the rest of the world by claiming a death that never happened, only for bin Laden to rear his ugly head in some new terror tape). I really don't know if I believe that he was just now killed, though. Honestly, he could have been dead for years. This would also explain the whole 'sea burial' crud.

Another explanation of the 'sea burial' would be that the whole idea was spawned to protect the plane flying his body back to the states from acts of terrorism by his fellow muslims.

Or, y'know I can go right back to my initial explanation and just say I don't believe he's dead at all. In any event, something's clearly awry >_>.

Upon further examination, I'll give Obama kudos for giving consent to go through with the raid that lead to his death (IF he is, in fact, dead, and did indeed die Sunday); however, I wish he'd give more credit to Bush, where the true credit is due. The whole thing was made possible by an initiative that was put in place by Bush- NOT Obama.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Right, like I said in the other thread, all Obama did was (allegedly ;) ) give the OK, which I’m sure anyone would have done.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Iron and Light wrote:Upon further examination, I'll give Obama kudos for giving consent to go through with the raid that lead to his death (IF he is, in fact, dead, and did indeed die Sunday); however, I wish he'd give more credit to Bush, where the true credit is due. The whole thing was made possible by an initiative that was put in place by Bush- NOT Obama.
Agreed. And Obama does deserve credit for NOT shutting down Gitmo (whence the information of bin Laden's location is said to have come), like he said he would do during the campaign.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, I have heard he was killed Sunday and I've heard he had been dead for like a week and they were just waiting for DNA etc to be 100% sure before they announced it... but as long as he is dead I suppose that is all that matters.

And yeah, I'm not a big Obama fan by any means, but I am pleased he backtracked on his promise to yank troops and close Gitmo... I think once in office and he was handed some top secret files he probably was like O_O and realized it wasn't as simple as he thought.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

@ric: Dude, I lived in 'Gitmo' (everyone there calls it GTMO, sorry).. literally, that's where I just moved from. There's no way on God's green earth that place could ever be shut down. Even if someone ordered the initiative, it'd take DECADES to even decrease the amount of troops stationed there at this very moment. Obama has never been in the military- he was completely clueless concerning everything Guantanamo is responsible for (as everything is kept as secret as possible from the civilian population). It's so, so much more than just a prison for terrorists. Most of what everyone thinks they know about the base because of crud the media has said concerning it is just that... things they THINK they know. But don't get me going on the subject of Guantanamo Bay. I might never shut up >_>.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I think once in office and he was handed some top secret files he probably was like O_O and realized it wasn't as simple as he thought.
I’m pretty sure the ‘trial’ of Ahmed Ghailani had something to do with it too.