Harlow Doyle and Edwin Blackguard

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Do you think they're annoying?

Both
12%
Neither
54%
Harlow Doyle
27%
Edwin Blackguard
8%

Total votes: 26

odysseyfan1
Classic

Harlow Doyle and Edwin Blackguard

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Are these two characters really obnoxious to anyone else?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

They can both be rather annoying at times. Harlow more than Edwin.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

No, I like both of them! \:D/

"You can eat Pop-Tarts (TM) ANY time of the day!" :dance:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Laura Ingalls wrote:No, I like both of them! \:D/

SAME!!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:No, I like both of them! \:D/

SAME!!
Add me to that list! Harlow can be overused, but usually he isn't, and I do enjoy him a lot. \:D/ Same with Edwin. His arrogance and pomposity always amuse me!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I think Edwin is one of the best characters on the show! Harlow, on the other hand... he's okay, in small amounts. If he's a main character of an episode or if he starts to ramble on for while, then he gets annoying.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Edwin Blackguard is okay, not my favorite, but I enjoy a show with him in it every now and then, Harlow Doyle on the other hand annoys me alot.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Edwin is still, to me, the funniest and most entertaining character on the show. His episodes have always made me laugh out loud, and I do wish they would bring Edwin back :-(
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Edwin is one of my favourite characters, for humor at least. He has some of the best lines in the show. Harlow is funny in small doses.
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

Edwin annoys me more than Harlow. Harlow is funny! :)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just heard the first Harlow episodes again after not hearing them in a long time, and I like the old Harlow episodes.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Edwin is one of my favorite characters. I think Harlow gets pretty annoying some times :yes:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Harlow is entertaining in small doses... Edwin is usually just annoying. Not nearly as cool as his brother. :(

I see Wooton isn't an option... no doubt because his level of annoyance is off the charts so no point in voting on him! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:Harlow is entertaining in small doses... Edwin is usually just annoying. Not nearly as cool as his brother. :(

I see Wooton isn't an option... no doubt because his level of annoyance is off the charts so no point in voting on him! \:D/
Cmon Top give it a break. 90 percent of AIO fans love Wooten. I am not one of them but there is no fighting against it :(

( Let it be noted I am lukewarm as in I simply don't care about Wooten )
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I like Wooton!! I think he's pretty funnny \:D/ Well, I found him slightly annoying in the Green Ring Conspiracy, when he was with Penny, but other than that episode, I like him alot :)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

thegreenringC wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Harlow is entertaining in small doses... Edwin is usually just annoying. Not nearly as cool as his brother. :(

Cmon Top give it a break. 90 percent of AIO fans love Wooten. I am not one of them but there is no fighting against it :(
90% ?! I think that's pushing it. I doubt even 60% are huge fans of him. Probably more like 30% actually love him, another 30% are neutral, and the remaining 40% have varying degrees of dislike toward him.

I love Harlow...not huge on the episodes centered around him (there are only, like, what, 2 or 3?) but he's a great addition to episodes! Edwin is great too...love his melodramatics in all the episodes. Not my favorite character, but definitely one that should come back.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I absolutely love Edwin! I wish he could have been in more episodes. His arrogance and his Shakespearean personality is hilarious. I like Harlow too, but not as much. I believe that Harlow can be overused at times, and that's when I find him annoying. But, he's really not that bad. Thankfully, he hasn't been overused in too many occasions.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

"If thou dislike Harlow or Edwin it is blasphemy!" - II Opinions 2:11

:D
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:

90% ?! I think that's pushing it. I doubt even 60% are huge fans of him. Probably more like 30% actually love him, another 30% are neutral, and the remaining 40% have varying degrees of dislike toward him.
I don't know... All of the little kids I know who listen to Odyssey tell me that Wooton is their favortie character. (Except for one of my sister's who told me Harlow is her favortie character!
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I don't know a lot of little kids, but there's a difference between the opinions of just the 6-8 year olds and the opinions of the entire fan base of AIO.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)