Which Superhero are you looking forward to most?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which Superhero Movie are you looking forward to THE MOST?

Dark Knight Rises
60%
Spiderman Remake
No votes
X-Men first class
27%
Green Hornet
No votes
Cap America
13%
Thor
No votes

Total votes: 15

gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of that series, although I do like Batman. Hathaway killed whatever anticipation I may have had for the film. ;)
Many people and I mean many people said the same thing about Heath Ledger.
The Top Crusader wrote: Well, Hathaway AND Catwoman... both I don't care for, so the combination of the two is not something I look forward to. ;)
That I can agree with. The whole point of catwoman though was suppose to give Batman a love interest I believe, since the last one died. Or so I think.
swatcaptin wrote:Why isnt DeadPool up here!?!?!
He's awesome, but the thread is asking which super hero movie your looking forward to watching. Unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a movie out for him nor in any makings yet.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They are in the early phases of pre-production of Deadpool, so assuming they don't cancel it, technically it is coming out. ;)

People said the same thing about Ledger, sure, and I liked Ledger overall, but his Joker portrayal was stupid and un-Joker like.

And I'm sure Catwoman is there for a love interest, and yes, Batman has had love interests over the years, but OVERALL he is the kind of dude that doesn't focus on such silly things so its annoying it has to be shoehorned into every film when its a rarity in his life.

I was hoping after Batman Begins we would jump forward to modern Batman who knows what he is doing and has an awesome Batcave, but after TDK I'm pretty sure we are only getting a few weeks of progression between films so he is some dummy who is still learning. ;)
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

The Top Crusader wrote:They are in the early phases of pre-production of Deadpool, so assuming they don't cancel it, technically it is coming out. ;)
Wow, was not aware of this. Hopefully they make deadpool the right way(breaking the fourthwall and having him trash talking) and not like what they did with X-men origins.
The Top Crusader wrote: People said the same thing about Ledger, sure, and I liked Ledger overall, but his Joker portrayal was stupid and un-Joker like.
I admit, he probably didn't smile and laugh a whole lot. But they did keep his essential Joker characteristic: being bad just for the joy of it. I like how they made him an anarchist, pyschopathic killer cause I can actually take him more serious. Every single time he was on screen I always felt that sense of fear, the good kind of fear that I didn't know what he was going to do next. Though the whole charade with Joker planning out the whole jail break thing was a bit unbelievable.
The Top Crusader wrote: And I'm sure Catwoman is there for a love interest, and yes, Batman has had love interests over the years, but OVERALL he is the kind of dude that doesn't focus on such silly things so its annoying it has to be shoehorned into every film when its a rarity in his life.
Agreed about the love interest part. I tend to overlook it because most of the time it becomes cliched or unnecessary except for character development. But at one point of the Batman comics I read
He does marry catwoman.
The Top Crusader wrote: I was hoping after Batman Begins we would jump forward to modern Batman who knows what he is doing and has an awesome Batcave, but after TDK I'm pretty sure we are only getting a few weeks of progression between films so he is some dummy who is still learning. ;)
It would be awesome, but then it would become like any other Super Hero action flick. Its not Nolan's style of directing, he likes to make people think as they are watching the movie.

I would agree if someone else would pick up the movie where the TDKR left off. Just hopefully doesn't turn into a Batman and Robin movie.
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Post by swatcaptin »

gunblader3 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of that series, although I do like Batman. Hathaway killed whatever anticipation I may have had for the film. ;)
Many people and I mean many people said the same thing about Heath Ledger.
The Top Crusader wrote: Well, Hathaway AND Catwoman... both I don't care for, so the combination of the two is not something I look forward to. ;)
That I can agree with. The whole point of catwoman though was suppose to give Batman a love interest I believe, since the last one died. Or so I think.
swatcaptin wrote:Why isnt DeadPool up here!?!?!
He's awesome, but the thread is asking which super hero movie your looking forward to watching. Unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a movie out for him nor in any makings yet.

DeadPool movie coming out 2014.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I'm pretty excited about that... but its too far away for me to be TOO excited because I could see it falling apart before it really gets started. ;)
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Eh, looked at the forum for the site. The page can be fan edited so 2014 is probably the most conservative release date they could think of. But I have to agree with Top, it probably would fall apart. After all they are using some director who is not well known. That being said it it something I am looking forward to.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

2014 my foot. The world will end before then. :( We won't quite get the Hobbit either. Their evil plot is just to say it comes out sometime after 2012. Then the world will end and :shrugs: that's it :( Oh well at least we will get TDKR :) (JK)
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Post by swatcaptin »

thegreenringC wrote:2014 my foot. The world will end before then. :( We won't quite get the Hobbit either. Their evil plot is just to say it comes out sometime after 2012. Then the world will end and :shrugs: that's it :( Oh well at least we will get TDKR :) (JK)
The world wont end 2012.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

I am most definitely looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises the most, that is beyond doubt and makes everything else look boring. XD

But

I wasn't actually looking forward to Thor and it. was. AMAZING!! One of the best Superhero movies I've seen. Captain America looks awesome too.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey, for all you superhero movie lovers, here's a contest I ran across and thought some of you may be interested in. :-

Grand prize is a trip to the premiere of Green Lantern, with some comic book art or something for first prizes. Ends tomorrow, so go enter soon if you want to win. ;)

http://green.subwayfreshbuzz.com/?rdr=E ... ow:W4:2011
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.