X-Men: First Class

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

*fangirl scream*

I LOVE this series.

This movie is gonna ROCK!!!!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm pleasantly surprised so many people are fans of the series--even though I'm not, really. ;)

I enjoyed the first two when they came out but the third was average at best and Wolverine not much better. I am really looking forward to the NEXT Wolverine movie though, its only in preproduction but it seems to have a lot going for it.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Wait they already made WOLVERINE X-MEN ORIGINS. How many more Wolverine movies are they going to make?!? I mean they made old Wolverine the main character in the first 3. Why two more?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Dude find a comic book movie website or something. ;)

They are at least doing one more. Hugh Jackman seems obsessed with the character for some reason. >_>
Taps

Post by Taps »

He probably is. Do you have any suggestions for a good comic book movie website?
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Johnny wrote:
I wonder if this will feature the telepathic, telekinetic Professor Xavier or just the telepathic version.
He isn't a telekinetic in the mainstream comics.
Go read some of the older comics, or watch some "X-Men (1992)" or "X-Men Evolution." (X-men Evolution did not feature it as much)

Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I'm really excited for this movie and since it comes out around my birthday I'm going to ask for tickets to see it the day it comes out.

Officer David Harley
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

blah... they threw gambit in wolverines movie... just to appease fans. IMO.

has it stands this trailer looked ok. its a xmen movie.

i dont know.. they may be flooding the market with to many cartoon/comic movies and then we will grow bored and all the series will die.

also spider-man should be closed. we had the three good or bad. its like batman.. you cant just use a new one. it makes well me not want to see i get the business of it all sure. but.. i dont know.

GO x-men! i guess????
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Cbriggs45 wrote:blah... they threw gambit in wolverines movie... just to appease fans. IMO.

i dont know.. they may be flooding the market with to many cartoon/comic movies and then we will grow bored and all the series will die.

also spider-man should be closed. we had the three good or bad. its like batman.. you cant just use a new one. it makes well me not want to see i get the business of it all sure. but.. i dont know.

GO x-men! i guess????
They just rebooted with a new Batman and it has turned out pretty well for them. >_> I'm not personally the biggest fan of the current series but that is the minority opinion. :boohoo:
Taps

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Cbriggs45 wrote:blah... they threw gambit in wolverines movie... just to appease fans. IMO.

GO x-men! i guess????
They just rebooted with a new Batman and it has turned out pretty well for them. >_> I'm not personally the biggest fan of the current series but that is the minority opinion. :boohoo:
Exactly Batman ( especially The Dark Knight ) Did amazing for a reboot. I'm not sure about X-men. They did OK. I didn't like the new Superman at all. But I really hope this movie is good.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

This should be AMAZING guys. \:D/ Though.. I wish they chose a different actor for Charles. But. This is my favorite movie series as of late, and I can't WAIT. They should make an x-men Origins Cyclops, because they underused him in all the movies. :(
Taps

Post by Taps »

Shadowfax wrote:This should be AMAZING guys. \:D/ Though.. I wish they chose a different actor for Charles. But. This is my favorite movie series as of late, and I can't WAIT. They should make an x-men Origins Cyclops, because they underused him in all the movies. :(
You mean James Mcavoy? :lol: He should have been classed as Gambit or something if he was in First Class. I think he should do good though.
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Post by swatcaptin »

We've done Wolverine's Story. Now Prof. X's Story. Who is next?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Magneto has been in preproduction for ages but I think they gave up and are using this film for him and Xavier together basically.

I doubt we'll get any more "Origins" movies, but Deadpool has been rumored for a while... although the next Wolverine seems a bit more on track than that (although it did just lose its director so hard to say).
Taps

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:Magneto has been in preproduction for ages but I think they gave up and are using this film for him and Xavier together basically.

I doubt we'll get any more "Origins" movies, but Deadpool has been rumored for a while... although the next Wolverine seems a bit more on track than that (although it did just lose its director so hard to say).
Deadpool really? I would HAVE to see that like instantly if it came out :) Although I try to see every new superhero movie opening night.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well they were really close when they made the first Wolverine solo film... then Ryan Reynolds was offered Green Lantern and it kind of put things on hold indefinitely. I'd definitely love to see that... they sort of ruined his character in Wolverine so they'd just have to... ignore the end of that movie. >_> But I think that was the plan. Or at least have him be "back to normal". One of the two alternate endings revealed Deadpool was still alive at least.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Oh wow, I am never watching this. I cannot believe how the girl characters are being dressed! >_>

Yeah... I'm a little ticked off at it.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Oh come on AE it's not THAT bad.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:Oh wow, I am never watching this. I cannot believe how the girl characters are being dressed! >_>

Yeah... I'm a little ticked off at it.
...are you serious?

Sometimes it seems like you have multiple personalities, AE. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Emma Frost seriously just wears seductive undergarments. >_>

Y'all see nothing wrong with that?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.