Best music in an Odyssey Scene

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Best music in an Odyssey Scene

Post by rickyderocher »

Most of the music in AIO is scene transition music,there isn't really a lot of background music in AIO. However some episodes do have background music that really add to the scene.

My personal vote for the best background music in an Odyssey scene is in the episode - Checkmate - in the beginning scene with Dr. Blackgard and Glossman talking. It's really dramatic!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

All of the episodes in "Darkness Before Dawn" have great scores! That and all of the unexplained thunder, make the album great! \:D/
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I personally thought the theme (not the AIO theme) for "Prisoners of Fear" was one of the better tunes.

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I loved the music in Mystery Of the Clocktower!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Prisoners of Fear is probably my favorite Odyssey music, I love the tune, and hum it all the time. The transitions from Novacom are also awesome and very distinct.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Ya, Prisoner's of Fear has a pretty sweet score.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I forget which part of The Green Ring Conspiracy it is, but the opening music... wow. It was 20 seconds of completely epic, engaging and powerful music.

Edit: After going through each episode's opening, part 5 is my favorite, but they're all awesome.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

American Eagle wrote:I forget which part of The Green Ring Conspiracy it is, but the opening music... wow. It was 20 seconds of completely epic, engaging and powerful music.

Edit: After going through each episode's opening, part 5 is my favorite, but they're all awesome.
Yep 53 music is very awesome.
ImageImageImage
logos linked

Post by 31899 »

American Eagle wrote:I forget which part of The Green Ring Conspiracy it is, but the opening music... wow. It was 20 seconds of completely epic, engaging and powerful music.

SPOILERS! My apologies, but that most definitely spoils my thought about album 53.

Taps

Post by Taps »

Buck Oliver wrote:

Yep 53 music is very awesome.
I was just going to say that! so epic and accelerating! But there shall be another place to talk about that so we don't ruin are fellow Odyssey Fans lives :lol:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The last scene in "Breaking Point" had some good music, when Whit has explained he's "fooled the bad guys". Then the music takes over and brings us an ominous scene with Bennett Charles.

I do like it when an episode has their own unique theme. Yes, "Prisoners of Fear" is like that. "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" had that going on too. And yes, "The Green Ring Conspiracy" has a good score. But I don't believe I'm spoiling anything by revealing that.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

The cafeteria scene at the end of The Right Choice had a tender, evocative piano melody that affects me still. Throughout the years, John Campbell and the production team have proven that they really know how to pair the right music with the right scene.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

The music from Eugene's solo scene in the Imagination Station from "A Most Extraordinary Conclusion", and the scene where he and Whit pray followed by Eugene regaining his memory are both favorites of mine. The music from the first scene evokes the feeling of a rollercoaster ride while the second hearkens back to the conversion scene from "The Time Has Come".

-Kim
Last edited by Ingress Neverwhere on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I always have liked the peice of music that was used in multiple mystery episodes (Pre 2000). It was some kind of synth reed flute and a saxaphone. That music cue just makes the episode for me. Every time.
he/him | a little stinker.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

What about the music in Relatively Annoying? That has a kinda country feel. I like that score :)
Taps

Post by Taps »

Haha interesting score, I really like TGRC'S theme music. It has a distinct Mystery feel and I like the country style they used from Tin Flat
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Steve wrote:I always have liked the peice of music that was used in multiple mystery episodes (Pre 2000). It was some kind of synth reed flute and a saxaphone. That music cue just makes the episode for me. Every time.
YES! I know which one you're talking about. It's in Heat Wave and Mystery of the Secret Room among others. I love that one--it's like instant film noir private eye mood.

I like the Spanish themes in Cross of Cortez, too.