Which old Character would you like to bring back to AIO?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Jason Whittalker
21%
Bernard Walton
72%
Tom Riley
No votes
Jack Allen
7%
Others (post comment below)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I like to bring back Jason and maybe Jack Allen. how about you? =;
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Bernard all the way!! Dave Madden is one of Odyssey's funniest characters, and creates great foils with Wooton, Eugene, Connie, and just by himself.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I voted for Bernard, which would be awesome because he's a lovable curmudgeon, but he's getting old and he's had his time on Odyssey so I won't be too upset if they don't bring him back. As for older characters, I would like to see kids who've grown up, like maybe Robyn and Melanie or more recent ones like Jared and Mandy come back (Though Mandy was in a lot of episodes not long before album 50 and the whole story with her and Trent was cool, so I dunno.)

Till the end of the line.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I voted for Bernard, but Tom Riley was a close second. Though I can understand if these characters never come back. AIO never found a new voice for Tom Riley, and Bernard's actor is probably getting older too.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Bernard! Tom, Jason, and Jack were all great but Bernard was best. He could be funny by just being himself, unlike Wooton who has to say funny things to be funny. Bernard was like one of those older men you meet who give you a hard time but are so sweet inside. *sigh* I never realized how much Bernard added to the show until he left. The actor is older though so I doubt will hear from him again. If we do that will be a wonderful surprise, and most likely mot a regular event.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Berny Walton can't be beat! We need Bernard!
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oh yes, definitely Bernard.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I would like to hear from Bernard, definitely.

Nick Mulligan. :pray: Way to totally drop an entire storyline and character from the show for no reason, Odyssey!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Totally Bernard!

But it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Rathbones to come back.
he/him | a little stinker.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

*points to her sig*
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Bernard Walton. Odyssey needs its resident curmudgeon and master storyteller back.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I was thinking today, along with Bernard, they should also bring back Edwin.
he/him | a little stinker.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

YES!!!! Edwin and Bernard are my two favorites of all time, and I lament his absence pretty much every time I listen to an episode. Grrr! :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:Bernard Walton. Odyssey needs its resident curmudgeon and master storyteller back.

-Kim
Ingress! \:D/ I totally agree with your post, but I'm also happy to see you on the ToO again. It's been too long!

I really do love Bernard. He's such an amazingly great character! I understand that Dave Madden is older and that it might be out of the writing team's hands for the most part, but there can never be too much Bernard!

More Edwin would be lovely as well. And if Edwin is in an episode, then Shakespeare is a necessity as well. :yes:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Did Bernard officially leave?! :cry: He's probably my fav character! But i really want ALL of the above to come back. And I agree with the Nick sentiment--he kind of left with no explanation. There are really so many characters I want back :?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I guess many people really want Bernard back as well as so many other old characters such as Nick Mulligan and Edwin Blackgaard. Hope some do return to Odyssey someday! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Jason for crying out loud! come on he's a SUPER SPY!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It'd be great if they could get Dave Madden to come back for just a few episodes so he could... retire and move to Florida or something. Not just vanish entirely. Eugene could ride with him on the moving truck on the way down. >_>

Post by 31899 »

As far as I knew only one of those options had been written off. :-s

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

31899 wrote:As far as I knew only one of those options had been written off. :-s

Who?