misspoken lines

better reread the script

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

misspoken lines

Post by bookworm »

I’m making this a separate thread from the one on Odyssey Goofs because that one is for goofs related to the Odyssey Guide. This thread is for goofs in the episodes themselves. Specifically, when characters misspeak.
I don’t know how many of these incidents there actually are, but I noticed one last night so I’ll post it and then if anyone has any more you can add them. :)

At the end of The Search For Whit Part 3, Jason called Alfred ‘Albert Brownlee’ #-o
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

At the beginning of "Not-So-Trivial Pursuits" there's a line between Bart and Jack where you can tell that Jack said one line before Bart got a chance to say his, then Bart said both of his after, and it sounds just a little off. It's something like: Jack: "This book 'blah blah' by Universal Press" Bart: "Oh I know" *pause* "Oh, I just love these things, ask me one." That's not it, but you can find it and see what I mean. It's obvious that the line was mixed up.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I can't think of any at the moment.

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll check on that Leonard Meltsner. It sounds vaguely familiar.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I think there's a mess-up in New Year's Eve Live! There is a character played by Walker Edmiston/Bart Rathbone. He is talking about the making of the calendar and saying a line about how it shouldn't be hard. The he says "So what's so hard about that?"
It sounds to me like he fumbled over the script, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to sound like that. I've been wondering about it recently....
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Where exactly does he say this? Will mentions that it is hard but that is all I hear.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Mimi wrote:I think there's a mess-up in New Year's Eve Live! There is a character played by Walker Edmiston/Bart Rathbone. He is talking about the making of the calendar and saying a line about how it shouldn't be hard. The he says "So what's so hard about that?"
It sounds to me like he fumbled over the script, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to sound like that. I've been wondering about it recently....
He says about the cycle of the day that, "the sun goes up, the sun goes down, we have breakfast, we have supper, the moon goes up, the sun goes down." The line was obviously supposed to begin with "the sun goes up, the MOON goes down," to define what happens in the morning.

I chuckled to myself about Albert Brownlee when I listened to The Search for Whit last week.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Thanks I couldn't remember the whole thing. I didn't even notice what you pointed out! I meant when he says "So what's so hard about that?" It comes out sort of like "So whats eh..so hard about that?" like he fumbled that part.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Today in Math, people were yelling random trivia questions at me, trying to stump me, and someone yelled "Who said that a month can only have a max. of 31 days?", and I was quite happy to say "Sosiginees the Greek"! (I won't even try to spell it)

Also, in "New Years Eve Live!", Connie is talking to Harlow and she cuts him off by saying "And where is here?" Harlow then says both lines, from before the former, and after, with a pause in between. "If did call me somewhere else was I there... Where is here, etc..."
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent