ALBUM 53 Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:Grr... that ruins everything...

The title says "SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!", spoiler tag was used, and I gave the strongest warning I could've. I guess that was your choice. O:)
Oh well, AE. :(

\:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

American Eagle wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Buck Oliver wrote:Well, me, Jason and several others own the MP3 version.
Where is the MP3 version? I did a search on iTunes and couldn't find it.
See Christianbook. Preordering is $14.99, but a direct mp3 download is $17.49.
I figured you of all people would have seen it on the official podcast page.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Laurie wrote:
FOTF would rather not have apple taking a share of their money and have decided to ditch the horrible iTunes software and ecosystem and instead go with an online download store, it can be bought here: http://family.christianbook.com/Christi ... _no=976528
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:
Laurie wrote:
FOTF would rather not have apple taking a share of their money and have decided to ditch the horrible iTunes software and ecosystem and instead go with an online download store, it can be bought here: http://family.christianbook.com/Christi ... _no=976528
Thanks for the link.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I finished "The green Ring Conspiracy", and only have one question.

What on earth was Paul McCusker talking about at the end of the episode?

He was making a point about something, but I wasn't sure what that was.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Bennett wrote:I finished "The green Ring Conspiracy", and only have one question.

What on earth was Paul McCusker talking about at the end of the episode?

He was making a point about something, but I wasn't sure what that was.
i wouldn't take that too seriously, it was a joke.
Reddo
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I guess I don't get the joke. :P
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

What did you guys thing of Phil Lollar being back?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Buck Oliver wrote:
What did you guys thing of Phil Lollar being back?
WHAT? WHERE? WHEN? He's back ????? :) :) :) i've wanted him to come back for many years, how did i miss this?
Reddo
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Mr Doss. Not sure if AIO will use him more in the future but it would be nice. A simple place to look would be in the scene where Connie, Penny, and Wooton are near the barb wire fence.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Kell
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Kell »

So I literally just finished album 53 and thought it was very well done, good story, very creative. I loved how complicated it was and yet I could see younger kids following along. But I have one question:
The Top Crusader wrote:I always have joked about it, of course, but never really expected Blackgaard to be brought back into the series at all--not only did they accomplish that but it was handled significantly better than the potential ways it could have been. Fortunately they were smart enough to not kill him off this time, so hopefully we don't have to wait 15 years before his next appearance like last time (discounting Blackgaard's Revenge, although I don't hate it like most it wasn't REALLY him showing up).
American Eagle wrote: I CAN'T BELIEVE RICHARD MAXWELL RETURNED!
What do you guys mean by this? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't hear anything hinting at that Blackgaard or Richard were involved.
Or did you make it up to trick some poor soul who couldn't help but spoil the story for themselves? :shame: :noway:
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Kell wrote:So I literally just finished album 53 and thought it was very well done, good story, very creative. I loved how complicated it was and yet I could see younger kids following along. But I have one question:
The Top Crusader wrote:I always have joked about it, of course, but never really expected Blackgaard to be brought back into the series at all--not only did they accomplish that but it was handled significantly better than the potential ways it could have been. Fortunately they were smart enough to not kill him off this time, so hopefully we don't have to wait 15 years before his next appearance like last time (discounting Blackgaard's Revenge, although I don't hate it like most it wasn't REALLY him showing up).
American Eagle wrote: I CAN'T BELIEVE RICHARD MAXWELL RETURNED!
What do you guys mean by this? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't hear anything hinting at that Blackgaard or Richard were involved.
Or did you make it up to trick some poor soul who couldn't help but spoil the story for themselves? :shame: :noway:
Who Top and AE try to trick some innocent poor soul who couldn't help but spoil the story for themselves? Would they really do something like that?
:yes:
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Wow I just finished album 53 and I loved it! They made the best decision ever when they
brought Jason back
Other than slight character overload, it was a great album!

Good:
JASON!!
overall plot
production quality
Wooton! He was back to his normal self! \:D/
Not so good
Whit, I don't think I will ever get used to him... :(
Emily, the most irritating girl I have heard
character overload and constant action. (It was probably just me but I got a little confused at some points
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I do agree, the story line was VERY clumped together. It seemed almost too fast paced. I think it might have worked better to span it over two albums instead of one. There is so much vital information that is only mentioned once that you have to keep your ears WIDE open the whole time and pick up every detail!
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Bennett wrote:I guess I don't get the joke. :P
umm I didn't get it either. :D So your not alone.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

My thoughts:

Buck and Mr. Skint: Buck seemed like a sweet boy who was in the wrong situation. I enjoyed seeing Katrina's relationship with him, and I wouldn't be surprised if they adopted him in the near future. Mr. Skint was....interesting. He sounded like an evil cross between Sam Gamgee and Andy Griffith--if you take my meaning. He was interesting for a villain because he seemed--nice. He was always kind SOUNDING to Buck, even though, as Katrina said, he didn't really love him. He was really unlike any villain we've ever had.

Wooton: Was I the only one who couldn't stand Wooton in these shows? He had NO PURPOSE. He was there for comic relief that wasn't needed at all. He was cute with Penny, but you could drop Wooton from this album and I wouldn't miss him at all. And this is from a Wooton FAN. Also, is it just me, or did he seem different? He didn't seem like the same Wooton from episodes like The Other SIde of the Glass. That Wooton realized the seriousness of the situation. This Wooton is like "Oh, we've been captured by a bunch of guys with guns and locked in a freight train! Cool! Let's sit down on my Winnie the Pooh blanket and have a picnic!"

Emily and Matthew: Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Emily is quickly becoming my least favorite character of ALL TIME. She's rude to Matthew, has a weird crush thing on Buck, and is annoying all the way through. Matthew was pretty cool though. I enjoyed seeing the two of them work together at the library to find the info. It reminded me of the glory days of Odyssey, when Eugene would send Lucy off on an assignment or something.

Katrina vs. Connie: Am I the only one who thought that Katrina kinda took Connie's place in this album? Connie was barely around, while Katrina got the spotlight in this one, including the whole damsel-in-distress thing that Connie keeps managing to get herself into. Katrina had more personality in this album than she has in the last few albums, and I enjoyed that. It was also nice to see her and Eugene together in a relatively normal situation, not journeying to Africa or something. I also loved her and Buck. I think she would want to adopt him, and he seems to have taken a liking to her as well.

The Stiletto: Was I the only one whose chin hit the floor at the Stiletto's identity? I gasped, squealed, ran to my mother and screamed "JASON"S BACK!" I loved it. I had absolutely NO idea that it was Jason. I was going over lists of past villains in my head. When he spoke, I knew it wasn't Dr. Blackgaard, but I was pretty certain it was the Chairman...until he lost the accent. Then I danced around my room for 5 minutes for glee.

So, those are my general thoughts on this album! I will probably be posting more as time goes on.
Last edited by Trixie Belden on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Trixie Belden wrote:
The Stiletto: Was I the only one whose chin hit the floor at the Stiletto's identity?
Nope. When I first heard I gasped so long and loud my mom ask me what was wrong. I was so shocked. That was the highlight of the album for me. The fact that my favorite character, Jason returned and they way they did it. Pure genius!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

does it bother anybody else how wrong the cover is? the money was found before the phone, yet matthew's holding it while looking at the backpack, and matthew wasn't even there when the backpack was found, neither was whit for that matter
Reddo
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Yes! I did have a bit of a problem with that! I guess it's just trying to make the best cover possible, not be completely accurate. They've done that before though. For instance, on the cover of Daring Deeds and Sinister Schemes, Dr. Blackgaard is shown "triumphantly" on a hill above Tom's burning barn, when the Dr. was really facing off to Mr. Glossman in the town council.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I got the real album (yay) this morning and have listen'd to the first 6 episodes. My thoughts:
I think so far Episode 6 was my favorite. Action more Mystery and I think it was a fun episode to. I do NOT scream like a girl!

On Monty: so far I am really liking Monty! I like his role and he was voiced by his original character.

On Matthew and Emily Jones: Emily Eh-I still don't care about her. I really have liked Ol' Matt' though and I think he's the new Jimmy Barclay! By my count he has been in 38 episodes IN THREE ALBUMS! That has GOT to be a record. I think they are starting to overuse him though. :(

On Buck Oliver: I like him. He's Accent reminds me of Regis. I hope he sticks around. He isn't really bad. Just mislead.

On the plot: Good! I really enjoy it and I like the mystery of it in contrast to Nova com. I have to admit when I first heard about it I was like- A plane crash and an Appleberry fun!!? Eh- But its fun!

The Stilleto: can't wait to find out who he is! Hope he's somebody I know already and I hope that it will be a good return!

TGRC