Wanted: Your opinions about the Web Library!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

My opinion of the Web Library:

Poll ended at Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:21 pm

I really want to keep it.
20%
I want to keep it.
36%
I don't care.
36%
I want to get rid of it.
4%
I really want to get rid of it.
4%
I have another opinion that I will post about or PM an admin or Regis about
No votes

Total votes: 25

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Wanted: Your opinions about the Web Library!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

Your input is needed! A few terms ago, King Regis put together the Web Library subforum - click here to visit it. Last term Enliven moved it to be a subforum of Finneman's Market so it was still easily accessible but not taking up too much space on the forum index. Would you like the Web Library kept around so you can contribute? Would you like it removed? Would you rather the format of the topics change a little? Look at the changes below, vote in the poll, and give us your thoughts. Feel free to post in this thread, or PM myself, snubs, The Kings Daughter, and/or Regis Blackbeard if you would prefer. :D Thanks for your input!

- Catspaw, Shark Bait, and Regis Blackbeard (keeper of the Web Library)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------AIO----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image The Unofficial Podcast
Unofficially speaking, this fan podcast about Adventures in Odyssey has kept a steady radio show going for quite some time now, with behind-the-scenes interviews, talk about Odyssey, and much more.
Image The Ceiling Fan Podcast
Presented from a creative angle, this fan podcast goes where no AIO fan has gone before. It's a contemporary, creative, and entertaining way to find out what's happening in Odyssey.
Image The Whit's End Podcast
This podcast has been around for almost 2 years and features some informative and well as rather random podcasts. Hosted by Regis Blackbeard
Image AIO Blogcast
It's a podcast hosted by two dedicated Odyssey fans. The podcast showcases reviews of the latest AIO episodes, interviews with Odyssey cast and crew members, a newscast,and more. If you're looking for a fun, by fans for fans podcast,this is it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------DGL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image The Slow Walk Down Gilead Lane
A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Misc---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image The Real Deal Podcast
The Real Deal podcast is about pretty much anything. We'll talk about the subjects no one else wants/or will talk about, such as: media, political matters, religion, relationships, and other exciting topics of question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------AIO----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
Unofficially speaking, this fan podcast about Adventures in Odyssey has kept a steady radio show going for quite some time now, with behind-the-scenes interviews, talk about Odyssey, and much more.
Image Image
Presented from a creative angle, this fan podcast goes where no AIO fan has gone before. It's a contemporary, creative, and entertaining way to find out what's happening in Odyssey.
Image Image
This podcast has been around for almost 2 years and features some informative and well as rather random podcasts. Hosted by Regis Blackbeard
Image Image
It's a podcast hosted by two dedicated Odyssey fans. The podcast showcases reviews of the latest AIO episodes, interviews with Odyssey cast and crew members, a newscast,and more. If you're looking for a fun, by fans for fans podcast,this is it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------DGL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Misc---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
The Real Deal podcast is about pretty much anything. We'll talk about the subjects no one else wants/or will talk about, such as: media, political matters, religion, relationships, and other exciting topics of question.
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added the rest of the images
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I like the web library! It mainly how I get to CC! :anxious: I can never remember the url for it... :roll:

I like the whole idea of it.

Keep it Definitely. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Thanks for the vote WW.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I say keep it. I don't really use it myself, but it's nice to have there for those who do use it.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

What do you guys think of having images instead?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I don't really use the Web Library, but it's nice to have around. So, I say keep it. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The images are fine if they are all resized to the same size or close to it. It looks kind of junky as is in the example. >_>

But yeah I'd keep the Web Library overall.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I really like the images. :yes: But like Top said, they should be relatively the same size to make the appearance better.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We know what you like.

ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Hey, I don't just like the images because of mine. :noway: I like pictures period. I find them more appealing. :yes:

Popup books are awesome! \:D/
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I don't care, it is nice and hidden away so it doesn't get in my way, but if I was making the decision I would leave it. It isn't doing any harm and deleting it would just be extra work.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

It's a super idea, but it needs some organizational tweaks. May be seperate threads could be create for individual websites. :-k
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Irwin wrote:It's a super idea, but it needs some organizational tweaks. May be seperate threads could be create for individual websites. :-k
Would anyone like this idea? Maybe have site updates and discussion?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Irwin wrote:It's a super idea, but it needs some organizational tweaks. May be seperate threads could be create for individual websites. :-k
Yes! That is exactly what I came up with. \:D/ Each, website would have it's own forum thead thing. That way people could create topics about different things going on. It would take up more space I suppose, but I think it would make the Web Library more active. :yes:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

snubs wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Yes! That is exactly what I came up with. \:D/ Each, website would have it's own forum thead thing. That way people could create topics about different things going on. It would take up more space I suppose, but I think it would make the Web Library more active. :yes:
To be perfectly honest, that's the sort of thing that sounds exciting at first, but would quickly die out. Each "forum" would get 1-2 topics, maybe, and then we'd wonder why we created all those forums. I like the idea of each website having its on thread. That would allow members to ask questions and discuss each site.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:
snubs wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
To be perfectly honest, that's the sort of thing that sounds exciting at first, but would quickly die out. Each "forum" would get 1-2 topics, maybe, and then we'd wonder why we created all those forums. I like the idea of each website having its on thread. That would allow members to ask questions and discuss each site.
Yeah, but it could mainly be for the owner of the website who are on here. That way they could post updates... But I see what you are saying. Maybe just having a thread for each item would be better.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

snubs wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
snubs wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Yeah, but it could mainly be for the owner of the website who are on here. That way they could post updates... But I see what you are saying. Maybe just having a thread for each item would be better.
I agree with snubs. :yes:

I like the idea of having separate forums or topics or whatever. ;)

\:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

My idea was a thread for each site, so the forum collectively would list thread titles, like so, with the forum's default sort set so it's alphabetical:
  • [OFFICIAL] Whitsend.org
  • [FANSITE] Odyssey Scoop
  • [FANSITE] AIO Wiki
  • [PODCAST] The Ceiling Fan
Also, it may be better if it was only for refernce, meaning that someone who was looking for AIO info could come here and discussion would be kept to Whit's End.

May be a new Whit's End subforum would useful for ongoing website discussion, as is done in The Podcast Room for podcasts. The Podcast Room is active enough that it seems a forum for websites would be equally useful for website owners such as Jacob Isom and Reddo to provide site updates without cluttering Whit's End with new threads. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Irwin wrote:My idea was a thread for each site, so the forum collectively would list thread titles, like so, with the forum's default sort set so it's alphabetical:
  • [OFFICIAL] Whitsend.org
  • [FANSITE] Odyssey Scoop
  • [FANSITE] AIO Wiki
  • [PODCAST] The Ceiling Fan
Also, it may be better if it was only for refernce, meaning that someone who was looking for AIO info could come here and discussion would be kept to Whit's End.

May be a new Whit's End subforum would useful for ongoing website discussion, as is done in The Podcast Room for podcasts. The Podcast Room is active enough that it seems a forum for websites would be equally useful for website owners such as Jacob Isom and Reddo to provide site updates without cluttering Whit's End with new threads. \:D/
That sounds like a plan. :yes: However I am not totally sure I understand it all.. Would the subforum be for websites that aren't just about Odyssey? Like my podcast The Real Deal?
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I've never heard about this thing till now. But I guess I don't wander out of "Whit's End" that often. Sounds cool.