The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part I - Spoiler Warning!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How amazing was this episode?

5 stars - Totally amazing!
57%
4 stars - Amazing enough.
43%
3 stars - Somewhat amazing.
No votes
2 stars - Amazing? Eh.
No votes
1 star - That was not amazing.
No votes

Total votes: 30

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I'm pretty sure Jason is undercover as Derk Begs. The similarity is pretty clear, I think. I mean, he uses some of the same mannerisms as Jason does. Of course, on the AIO Wiki page, it says that Derk is played by Whit Hertford, but I'm not sure I believe that. :-k
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

ric wrote:I'm pretty sure Jason is undercover as Derk Begs. The similarity is pretty clear, I think. I mean, he uses some of the same mannerisms as Jason does. Of course, on the AIO Wiki page, it says that Derk is played by Whit Hertford, but I'm not sure I believe that. :-k
Why would Jason do that? If he is working undercover and Mr. Haggler doesn't suspect him, Jason wouldn't jepordize that aquaintance by waving a gun around. Unless he has an extremely good reason I really dont think it's Jason.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Samitude wrote:
ric wrote:I'm pretty sure Jason is undercover as Derk Begs. The similarity is pretty clear, I think. I mean, he uses some of the same mannerisms as Jason does. Of course, on the AIO Wiki page, it says that Derk is played by Whit Hertford, but I'm not sure I believe that. :-k
Why would Jason do that? If he is working undercover and Mr. Haggler doesn't suspect him, Jason wouldn't jepordize that aquaintance by waving a gun around. Unless he has an extremely good reason I really dont think it's Jason.
He has to play the part. Also, at first, Haggler didn't recognize Derk. So maybe he's Jason disguised as Derk.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

What did you guys think of the new episode of the 12 part series? Tell what you think about it! ~~Poll created~~
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I thought it was great! i would give it 4 stars. mostly because I think it's great that Monty's back! I never thought we would hear from him again.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28198

Isn't there already a poll and discussion thread for this episode? :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

AIO Psyche wrote:http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28198

Isn't there already a poll and discussion thread for this episode? :anxious:
The posts from the second thread that was made has now been merged with the existing thread, so please continue to discuss in this thread, folks. :D
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Jason undercover as Derk. Hmm :-k . I'm not saying another word about that. :noway:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:Jason undercover as Derk. Hmm :-k . I'm not saying another word about that. :noway:
Woah?!? Is it true!?!?!? :shock:

Never mind. I don't wanna know. :noway:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe and maybe not.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I... didn't think Dirk sounded anything like Jason. >_>

But yeah, I thought 51 and 52 were lackluster, but the first episode of 53 is really promising. Cool to suddenly hear from Monty again. Well, okay, I don't think he... made any sound to hear, but still. ;)

I'm not sure if he sounds different or if I'm getting more used to him, but Andre Stojka sounded more Whit-like than he had before.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm not sure if he sounds different or if I'm getting more used to him, but Andre Stojka sounded more Whit-like than he had before.
Agree. He sounded pretty good in the first episode
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Although to be fair, in 51 and 52 there would be those shining moments where he sounded perfectly like Whit... then like 2 seconds later it was over. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started listening a while ago but then my internet messed up and I didn't hear the last few minutes, and I just finally got around to that today. I shouldn't have waited so long! :mad: I really enjoyed this episode - it was a great start to what sounds like an intriguing album! I'm really looking forward to hearing more. I like mysteries and trying to figure things out, and this was a great start that got me interested in what will happen next. I accidentally read that Monty returned in this episode - I kind of wish that it had been a total surprise for me, but it was still pretty cool. I'm curious as to what's going on with him.

For Sue Thomas FBEye fans, did the start of this episode remind anybody else of the season 3 episode "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," with the plane crash and the money being found? (The episode with Horace, who finds the money, and where Jack and Sue "date" to help Randy out, if that jogs anybody's memory. It's one of my favourites!) Since Monty was on the plane, I'm hoping that nothing nefarious is going on from his end, but other than that, there are some similarities. Not on purpose, I'm sure, but anything that reminds me of Jack is a good thing! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw wrote:I started listening a while ago but then my internet messed up and I didn't hear the last few minutes, and I just finally got around to that today. I shouldn't have waited so long! :mad: I really enjoyed this episode - it was a great start to what sounds like an intriguing album! I'm really looking forward to hearing more. I like mysteries and trying to figure things out, and this was a great start that got me interested in what will happen next. I accidentally read that Monty returned in this episode - I kind of wish that it had been a total surprise for me, but it was still pretty cool. I'm curious as to what's going on with him.

For Sue Thomas FBEye fans, did the start of this episode remind anybody else of the season 3 episode "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," with the plane crash and the money being found? (The episode with Horace, who finds the money, and where Jack and Sue "date" to help Randy out, if that jogs anybody's memory. It's one of my favourites!) Since Monty was on the plane, I'm hoping that nothing nefarious is going on from his end, but other than that, there are some similarities. Not on purpose, I'm sure, but anything that reminds me of Jack is a good thing! \:D/
it totally did remind me of that Sue Thomas FBEye episode! :D that was a great one; glad someone else made that connection \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer wrote:
Catspaw wrote: For Sue Thomas FBEye fans, did the start of this episode remind anybody else of the season 3 episode "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," with the plane crash and the money being found? (The episode with Horace, who finds the money, and where Jack and Sue "date" to help Randy out, if that jogs anybody's memory. It's one of my favourites!) Since Monty was on the plane, I'm hoping that nothing nefarious is going on from his end, but other than that, there are some similarities. Not on purpose, I'm sure, but anything that reminds me of Jack is a good thing! \:D/
it totally did remind me of that Sue Thomas FBEye episode! :D that was a great one; glad someone else made that connection \:D/
:highfive: Yay!

Oh, and I forgot to mention before, but I agree with Top that I didn't think Dirk sounded like Jason. That would be a pretty weird twist. :anxious: But we'll see what happens, I guess!
zmster
Just visiting

Post by zmster »

Spoilers:
AIO Psyche wrote:I loved the first episode!!! Very excited to hear the rest. Although I don't think I like how they are releasing the album before it airs on the radio. No way to theorize and debate the plot the way it was done with Novacom.

But, an excellent start to a great saga! And I gotta say, Whit has grown on me a bit. Now if only they could get his character right.......he doesn't act like old Whit! He doesn't seem vital to the story. He seems like someone who could be pulled out of the story, and he wouldn't be missed.
As someone who works at a radio station that has been airing AIO since the beginning I'm definitely not a fan of the whole "buy it before you can hear it" business.
Aside from the slight to radio stations that have faithfully aired the program all these years, it's an odd business model. Does anyone buy a season of a TV show before seeing it?
I mean (& I certainly hope not) for all we know an unheard season could revert to the "quality" of the Al J. dark ages when AIO went completely off the tracks. I'd feel awfully played if I bought sight unseen,or would that be sound unheard,lol, to find dreck like that.
That being said, I liked Ep1 and was pleased to find the return of a character that actually rewards us with continuity to the very early seasons of AIO.
I agree that not only has Andre grown on me as Whit (I love the timbre of his voice & the natural warmth it has) I hope he is a more integral part of the season than he is in the 1st ep. I think you've got a great actor for the role, let's hear him!:)

-- 24 Feb 2011 10:18 pm --

Buck, I absolutely love you're animated banner!