Album 53

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, do what I do and skip the whole interview. :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

No, the interview is good too! Listen to the whole thing. :yes: Start at the beginning and listen until the end - that's my motto. (Not to be confused with Monty's motto of "Go stick your head in the snow.") ;) I love previews, but interviews can be interesting and informative as well.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I plan to go back and listen to the interview, but I was too excited to hear the preview. :(

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Catspaw wrote:No, the interview is good too! Listen to the whole thing. :yes: Start at the beginning and listen until the end - that's my motto. (Not to be confused with Monty's motto of "Go stick your head in the snow.") ;) I love previews, but interviews can be interesting and informative as well.
The interview sounded boring to me, so I skipped it. Same old stuff. :snore:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:Listening to the preview now.........IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
where did you hear the preview? I'd be interested in hearing it too.
It's near the end of the latest official podcast. Here's the mp3...

thanks, AE! :D that was really cool; the interview as well as the preview.

Till the end of the line.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I'm looking forward to this. I hope Album 53 recaptures the 'spirit of Odyssey'. I agree two albums to become familiar with the new characters and the absence of old friends (Paul Herlinger, Alan Young, Walker Edministon, etc) is too much. I read on another forum that the cast is recording album 54, do we have a title for that yet?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No, not that I know of. :- They said it would be a thematical album, I think. Sort of like the one discussing the Lord's Prayer. :-k

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Marvin D. wrote:No, not that I know of. :- They said it would be a thematical album, I think. Sort of like the one discussing the Lord's Prayer. :-k
oh good, further evidence they are getting back into the 'swing of things'. =D>
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

jennifertwt wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:No, not that I know of. :- They said it would be a thematical album, I think. Sort of like the one discussing the Lord's Prayer. :-k
Just if they don't 'modernize' it too much.

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Marvin D. wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
Exactly. Or kiddyize it too much.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

ric wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
Exactly. Or kiddyize it too much.
Yeah. That too.

Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:I'm looking forward to this. I hope Album 53 recaptures the 'spirit of Odyssey'. I agree two albums to become familiar with the new characters and the absence of old friends (Paul Herlinger, Alan Young, Walker Edministon, etc) is too much. I read on another forum that the cast is recording album 54, do we have a title for that yet?
Nathan said that one possible title was "A More Excellent Way" but also said that it was unlikely to be the final title for the album
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I hope not, that doesn't sound very good to me. Other thematic albums than 17 include 4:FUN-Damentals, which gave 12 stories on the basics of Christianity. Also, 13:It All Started When..., which gave 12 lessons on virtues (and all of the virtues can be seen from the episode names).
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I'm curious as to what the 'target audience' thinks of the new relaunch of Odyssey. I think those of us who have been listening for 10, 15, 20+ (gulp) years are a bit biased. Do the 10-12 year olds like the new series? Maybe in order to accomodate an aging audience, the shows did get a bit complicated.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

jennifertwt wrote:I'm curious as to what the 'target audience' thinks of the new relaunch of Odyssey. I think those of us who have been listening for 10, 15, 20+ (gulp) years are a bit biased. Do the 10-12 year olds like the new series? Maybe in order to accomodate an aging audience, the shows did get a bit complicated.
That's why I often browse through the Whit's End comments. Those are written by a younger fans. A lot are very accepting of characters like Emily Jones. Others are still saddened by the changes--despite how old they are.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Marvin D. wrote:But they don't make you feel like crying. ;)
No, for that I either go to Cutting Edge Ministries' website and see their HP reviews, or I go look up stuff about Twilight fandom. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I am looking forward to this new series and have a possible suggestion. The green ring is a group that makes counterfeit money. They've already told us about the money that is found in Gower's Field. There could also be some money laundering going on. I listened to the preview on the podcast and think that Dirk sounds a little like Jason, but think he sounds more like the guy who plays Liz Horton's brother, Mark. I will be fine with there being some children in the story, but have to say I am not fond of Emily Jones as a character. Matthew Parker I have come to like. Please, NO MORE ANIMALS! Is that a personal joke with the Odyssey team to see how many stories they can get by with that include animals? I thought we could finally avoid it in "An Agreeable Nanny", but nope, Olivia had to watch the neighbor's dog. I think the stories in upcoming episodes could be more like the old ones that we in our twenties (almost thirty) have grown up with if the episodes would be limited to one or two child characters per episode. So many of the recent episodes have crammed six children in one episode. Their voices aren't recognisable so one loses track easily. If you think back to the old Odyssey days you had these parings: Jimmy and Donna, Donna and Jessie, Curt and Lucy, Lucy and Isaac, Robin and Melanie, Robin and Oscar, Jimmy and Curt. We were able to concentrate on the storyline and get to know the character's personality at the same time. When did we have the last Imagination Station episode or have the children come into Whit's End to get advice and council? Anyway these are some of my thoughts.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Samitude wrote:I am looking forward to this new series and have a possible suggestion. The green ring is a group that makes counterfeit money. They've already told us about the money that is found in Gower's Field. There could also be some money laundering going on. I listened to the preview on the podcast and think that Dirk sounds a little like Jason, but think he sounds more like the guy who plays Liz Horton's brother, Mark. I will be fine with there being some children in the story, but have to say I am not fond of Emily Jones as a character. Matthew Parker I have come to like. Please, NO MORE ANIMALS! Is that a personal joke with the Odyssey team to see how many stories they can get by with that include animals? I thought we could finally avoid it in "An Agreeable Nanny", but nope, Olivia had to watch the neighbor's dog. I think the stories in upcoming episodes could be more like the old ones that we in our twenties (almost thirty) have grown up with if the episodes would be limited to one or two child characters per episode. So many of the recent episodes have crammed six children in one episode. Their voices aren't recognisable so one loses track easily. If you think back to the old Odyssey days you had these parings: Jimmy and Donna, Donna and Jessie, Curt and Lucy, Lucy and Isaac, Robin and Melanie, Robin and Oscar, Jimmy and Curt. We were able to concentrate on the storyline and get to know the character's personality at the same time. When did we have the last Imagination Station episode or have the children come into Whit's End to get advice and council? Anyway these are some of my thoughts.
and I heartily agree. :yes:

Till the end of the line.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Very well put. I can't tell whether it's Olivia or Priscilla speaking most of the time.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Very well put. I can't tell whether it's Olivia or Priscilla speaking most of the time.
I really don't get this. The different voices seem very obvious to me. I think the actors have very unique voices, but that's the only thing going for them. :p