Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Oh well Termite. You'll get it. maybe... : D

That's good about your ankle. Hey, your ankle color matches your username color!

And I can't type fast anymore. I can barely feel my fingers.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

A be-lated 'Huzzah!' to Mr. AE on his job :D

My dad's workplace gave my family 8,000 dollars :D My parents were quite pleased, and are not able to pay off some debt that had been looming for a while...it was old debt, back from when we were working on our house. Fixing it up and all that jazz. Tomorrow me and mother are going to take some of it and go to the health food store to stock up on all the good stuff :D.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Week before finals and I'm freaking out. Today we had a quiz in Medical Terminology and turned in our last essay in English. Now I have to take one of my past essays and revise it and start making up my portfolio that's due this coming Wednesday, study for the quiz in Anatomy that's coming up this Wednesday, study for the final in my microbiology lab that's tomorrow, and study for the final in my anatomy lab that's this friday. Not to mention all the finals I'll have next week.
It's a busy 2 weeks :yes:
Last edited by StrongNChrist on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

WOW!!! Me... I schooled all day today, but I bet it's nowhere near as hard as your stuff! :P
Go Celtics \:D/!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Even public schoolers admit that college is much harder ;)

Oh, and I found out recently I have another test this Thursday \:D/ Welcome to the week before finals :yes: Always the busiest week in the semester.
Good news: I don't have to go to town today for counseling (finished up last week \:D/) so I have plenty of time to devote to my studying.
Bad news: Today is going to be hard because I'm already in a lot of pain. I'd say the pain is a level of 6 out of 10 :- And that's not even talking about my back pain \:D/
But anyways, finished watching an anime show last night for the second time...bought 3 episodes in another anime show, started writing a story of mine I made up years ago, and decided which English paper to use for my portfolio. Revising starts today \:D/
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

its pearl harbor day. just thought i'd mention that.

so.. if you know a ww2 vet thank them today, and remember the day.

a lot of good soldiers died in a major war.

just my thoughts.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

thank you for reminding us, Cbriggs45 :)
Life: today in PE we didn't have to run, just fill out course evaluations. People finished way before me, (not a long time before, but it seemed like everyone finished before me-crazy how that happens) Anyway, a few of us ran anyway, so I did. About 2 laps, but I'm glad I ran at all. It's fairly warm today, doesn't feel like December here ;) but it will when I go home in about 11 days! \:D/
I have 3 finals next week, as for this week, I have a paper due Wednesday, and an art project (but she said if we need to we can turn it in next Monday-thank the Lord for that because I just started on it, plus it'll take awhile.) I have an essay due Friday, and more projects due next week. Oh and of course finals. But I have lots of time today, so I need to get off here and hop to it. Later.

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It's freezing. :(

Like, my ears were starting to feel like there were needles sticking into them from the cold when I was standing outside for carpool. :( I hate winter.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I really should be studying for my driver's permit. I've been putting it off for like, a year now. I want to drive, I just don't want to study.
he/him | a little stinker.
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

I know what you mean. When it's time for me to take mine, I don't know what I'm going to do. Watching my older siblings suffer through theirs wasn't very comforting. :(
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

StrongNChrist wrote:Even public schoolers admit that college is much harder ;)
i find this statement confusing. homeschooling is, as a general rule, much harder than going to public school. were you insinuating otherwise, or did i simply read into what you said?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Practice for the Christmas production tonight!

I can tell it won't be good...I already have a headache...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Iron and Light wrote:
i find this statement confusing. homeschooling is, as a general rule, much harder than going to public school. were you insinuating otherwise, or did i simply read into what you said?
The only reason it's harder is that most public schoolers probably aren't forced to put effort into anything like us homeschoolers are... :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just got back from picking up a quilting frame...I bought it from a lady on Craigslist. \:D/ It was a hour and 45 minutes away, so my mom, granny, and I made a day of it with lunch, shopping, and visiting a nearby relative. I'm excited to try out the frame once it gets set up - it'd better be nice, for $175. :x
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Termite wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:
The only reason it's harder is that most public schoolers probably aren't forced to put effort into anything like us homeschoolers are... :-
That- plus (generally) advanced courses, and the fact that we don't have teachers for every single class to hold our hands and tell us what work to do ;). Pacing yourself throughout all of your highschool years is a bit more complicated than one may first think.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Iron and Light wrote:
Termite wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:
That- plus (generally) advanced courses, and the fact that we don't have teachers for every single class to hold our hands and tell us what work to do ;). Pacing yourself throughout all of your highschool years is a bit more complicated than one may first think.
QFT

Also, I love where I live. I love chinooks!!!!!
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

We've been doing a garage sale for the past few days, so today I just stayed inside and watched my siblings! \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Iron and Light wrote:
I've run across a lot of people who have done both homeschooling and public schooling and say that public schools are much more difficult then homeschooling, which is why I've taken to saying something like that because everytime I don't I end up getting corrected :- And since I've never been to a public school I wouldn't know. Personally I think my homeschooling wasn't as hard as public schooling since it was set up differently :shrugs: It's different for every person.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I'd say homeschooling is easier. There aren't nearly as many death threats.
he/him | a little stinker.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I don't know, the parents might threaten to kill the kids somtimes :-

And public schools don't have too many death threats ;)