The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Why was Caspian there? :x He went back to Ramandu's Island, he didn't go to the world's end. :noway:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yes he did. =P They on the Treader were close enough to watch them all go over.

Unless, you mean he went all the way there (I didn't spoil the movie by watching the clips :- ) and then this will be another, normal Fox movie... :doubt:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I meant he was standing there on the shore with all of the others, listening to Aslan say that Lucy and Edmund would not be coming back again, etc. :doubt: Boo!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Those are cool clips! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

wow! those were awesome! but who was Lucy talking to in the last one?

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Termite wrote:(I didn't spoil the movie by watching the clips :- )
Same.

You know, interestingly, in the Focus of the Family Radio Theater version Lucy’s nightmare is the White Which killing Aslan.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I don't know if I ever caught that in the Radio Theater version, but it makes sense.

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I know I sound like a hater but I'm just gonna be honest. This movie is gonna blow, the trailer was awful enough! Man I'm so disappointed, why cant they just stick to the books instead of adding stuff in to interest more people :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shennifer wrote:I don't know if I ever caught that in the Radio Theater version
Probably because they don't actually mention it. It's just sound played in the background.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yeah, like I said, it makes sense to assume that. And can anyone answer my question of who Lucy was talking to in the last clip?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I couldn't say, since I pledged not to watch any previews.

A quick scan of IMDB showed credits for Lord Bern and Lord Rhoop, so at least the lords haven't been discarded altogether. They didn't list the other five though...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

good, at least they aren't ignoring the lords; however, they shouldn't be something that is just 'not ignored' it should be the main point.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Absolutely.
And they still may be, I don't know. Perhaps IMDB just doesn't have the credits for the others yet.
But if there are truly only two lords in the entire film then it does appear to be that the main plot is something else, and these two were merely inserted at their proper times because they are somewhat important plot devices. (Lord Bern was the one that replaced Governor Gumpas, which I imagine will be in the movie so they needed him, and Lord Rhoop was on the nightmare island which we've confirmed is in the movie.)
That would be unfortunate. I hope it's the former.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Shennifer wrote:yeah, like I said, it makes sense to assume that. And can anyone answer my question of who Lucy was talking to in the last clip?
Lucy is talking to a character added in to the movie, who travels with the Dawn Treader in the hopes of finding her mother. Which I'm sure the Narnia purists will hate. O:)

As for the seven lords, I think they're all there, although not all of them have speaking roles. The seven swords thing kind of overshadows the seven lords, but the gang still come across each one.

I saw the movie a few days ago, and I'd say that it was really good--didn't seem like Harry Potter at all, but had a lot of light-hearted moments to balance out the more intense parts. There were some changes made, most of which weren't too bad, but if anything the Biblical parallels from the book aren't quite as strong here.
Two examples: Aslan isn't seen as a lamb, and Eustace's transformation back into a boy lacks the depth and theological significance of C.S. Lewis's description.
But it's a definite improvement on Prince Caspian, and it kept my attention really well. So go see it this Friday! \:D/

Dave
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

humdedum wrote:
Epic wrote:I know I sound like a hater but I'm just gonna be honest. This movie is gonna blow, the trailer was awful enough! Man I'm so disappointed, why cant they just stick to the books instead of adding stuff in to interest more people :(
The director Apted himself said in an interview he wanted to make it more "Harry Potter". :?
oh snaps everyone, no use going to see it now. You'll probably learn witchcraft and stuff.

;)
Last edited by jelly on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jelly wrote:
humdedum wrote:
Epic wrote:I know I sound like a hater but I'm just gonna be honest. This movie is gonna blow, the trailer was awful enough! Man I'm so disappointed, why cant they just stick to the books instead of adding stuff in to interest more people :(
The director Apted himself said in an interview he wanted to make it more "Harry Potter". :?
oh snaps everyone, no use going to see it now. You'll probably learn witchcraft and stuff.

;)
](*,)

You're funny.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thanks for the review, Dave, and thanks especially for using the spoiler.

There are lots of clips on NarniaWeb.com, but I've stopped watching them. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I watch them all because I'm not going to get to watch the movie. :P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Actually the movies coming out lately are not appearing on youtube. :-
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I don't care much for watching movies on YouTube. :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer