Do you have the original Odyssey tapes?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Do you have the original Odyssey tapes?

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

I do! I still have all of mine. When I listen to them, they sound so awful! The voices are so distorted and sound really low. LOL. When I was listening to Stormy Weather, I expected it to flip to the other side of the tape. I have that episode on CD now. I was so glad to have gotten volume 2 again. (on CD)

The reason my tapes sound so horrible is from over use and leaving them in the heat. :( I have a few CD albums though!

Are your tapes in good condition?
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I don't have any Odyssey tapes. :( I haven't been listening that long. I only have CD's.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i believe my brother has the five or six we had on tape. im budgeting my money so i can get all the cd albums. :)

the tapes bring back memories. to the radio/tape player.goodtimes.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I have a whole wack load of Odyssey tapes. I actually may have more episodes on tape than I do on cd, but I have nearly the whole collection digitally.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I have all the original tape albums up to like album 14 I believe. I really want to get CDs since I dont have a tape player in my room. They are all in pretty good condition and they all work. I wonder if they're worth anything? :?

\:D/
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I think my family used to have some, but I think we gave them away.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

iluvsns wrote:I have all the original tape albums up to like album 14 I believe. I really want to get CDs since I dont have a tape player in my room. They are all in pretty good condition and they all work. I wonder if they're worth anything? :?
I'm sure they're worth something! And then some! Odyssey is a great radio drama.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Maybe I should check ebay.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm not sure what "original" is referring to, but we do own a number of Odyssey tapes! Countermoves, In Hot Pursuit, Hidden Treasures, etc., plus a few individual tapes, like The Popsicle Kid, The Vistors and Gifts for Madge and Guy. They're all in good shape, but we only buy CDs now. I'm still glad to have them, though. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:we only buy CDs now
Well you couldn't buy tapes now even if you wanted to. I remember years ago when they made the switch and declared the end of making Odyssey on tape.
I have several cassette albums. More than on CD I'm sure.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I think original is referring to before they changed the artwork and names of the albums. I even have "The Early Classics" which I believe is the first ever Odyssey Album...

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have The Early Classics and 1 through 15 and 18, 19, 28 and 33. The rest are CDs.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

iluvsns wrote:I even have "The Early Classics" which I believe is the first ever Odyssey Album
The album "The Early Classics" contains the first ever episodes, but it is not the first ever album. It's very close (it was before the renaming to "The Adventure Begins") but the actual first collection was titled Odyssey USA :)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I have most of the cassette tape collections up until Album 44, which was (I think) around the time when Focus started releasing them on CD. It was either that explanation, or my family finally caught up with the rest of the world and started buying CDs. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have the first 40 albums on tape, but I have over 20 of those on CD as well, either from buying gold/re-released albums or from my very reluctant switch from tapes to CDs. ;) I insisted on getting the tape albums and my siblings wanted the CD albums (since they had CD players but not tape players in my room, but I had both) so my long-suffering parents bought us both from the mid-thirties to the fortieth album, when I decided that CDs would be acceptable. ;) I still like tapes, though. You can stop the tape, take it out, listen to something else, and a week later put the tape in and continue where you left off from. I'd like to see a CD do that. :noway: I do admit that it's nice that CDs have better sound quality, but whatever. ;)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

hmm... Catspaw... that IS a good point.. However, Your baby brother cant grab ahold of the 'tape' in a CD and pull it out to great lengths and then BREAK it... (that didnt happen. Just an example) I wish I had the earlier ones on CD since I never listen to my tapes since I dont have a tape player. :sad:

OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

There are so many variations of those first tape albums. For instance, the original Clamshells were various colors, not white.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I once had an Odyssey tape, but it wasn't the original.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I have the special album Good Grief on cassette. I wish they would release both that one and More Than Sundays on CD. I had some on CD and some on cassette before I moved to Sweden. I upgraded to CD's and donated the cassettes to the church I worked for.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I have Grins, Grabbers, and Great Getaways; Chronicles, Kings, and Crosses; and 5, 14, 15, and 42 all on cassette. Most of them were my sisters. :yes: