Pet Peeves

What gets on your nerves?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

American Eagle wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:New pet peeve I have just discovered. I'm sitting in the cafateria on campus listening - more like tuning out - some of my boyfriend's friends. Apparently there's someone here who's nickname is Jesus....and every time they talk to him or about him they're saying things that pretty much mock my Lord Jesus. I hate it. I'm ready to walk out of here. I can't stand people mocking or making fun of my Lord
Is it a Spanish name (as in, Hay-sus)? If so, and they still play around with the name, I'd get strongly annoyed too...
That's his real name, I think, but they nicknamed him Jesus and pronounce it the English version. They went overboard on their playing around with the name. And now I'm still upset over that ](*,)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

StrongNChrist wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:New pet peeve I have just discovered. I'm sitting in the cafateria on campus listening - more like tuning out - some of my boyfriend's friends. Apparently there's someone here who's nickname is Jesus....and every time they talk to him or about him they're saying things that pretty much mock my Lord Jesus. I hate it. I'm ready to walk out of here. I can't stand people mocking or making fun of my Lord
Is it a Spanish name (as in, Hay-sus)? If so, and they still play around with the name, I'd get strongly annoyed too...
That's his real name, I think, but they nicknamed him Jesus and pronounce it the English version. They went overboard on their playing around with the name. And now I'm still upset over that ](*,)
Ooh, that isn't really nice. And I don't think that's a pet peeve; it's more like mis-using God's name.
My pet peeve: When people call me '13-ish' or add '-ish' to their sentence. ](*,)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I really don't like it when people stare at me. I am so annoyed when they do that. I always stare back. It usually works.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

ric wrote:I really don't like it when people stare at me. I am so annoyed when they do that. I always stare back. It usually works.
hehe that's what IN told me I should do when I commented once that people were staring at us. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I love staring at people. \:D/ (and creeping out waiters in BoneFish grill. :evillaugh: )

Pet peeves: High schoolers who don't know the difference between South America and Africa. :x Especially the seniors.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I love to stare at people! (Particularly my friends and people I know well.) I'll look directly into their eyes for several seconds. When they return the look, I keep staring for a moment but then slowly turn away. ;) It seems weird, and it might make them feel awkward, but I love looking deep into their eyes. It's even weirder when I do it to females. \:D/ Sue me. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I always stare at this one guys at our church. I stare, he smiles and says he loves me. 8-)
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

What is Pet Peeves?
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Yanny wrote:What is Pet Peeves?
Something that irritates/annoys/angers you in life. Anything. \:D/

I hate it when people can't stop coughing, and I'm trying to talk. :x
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

hmmm... my pet peeve would have to be when you email someone and they DONT email you back. I'm sure that has to be the dumbest pet peeve on here. :lol:

\:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

My biggest pet peeve is when people do not capitalize their 'I's. It is the most annoying thing that ever existed. I could rant for hours about how annoying it is for me to see people write: "Yeah, i know." Of course, i never tell people that i don't like it when that happens. ;)

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

My little bro...And sis...>_>
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

A big pet peeve is when supervisors show up late to work... that's the worst and most annoying thing ever.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In church today my mom decided to have our family sit in the row with some new people. Therefore, we were squished in the row, WITH AN ENTIRE EMPTY ROW BEHIND US! I was... ticked. Since the day I was born I've hated being super-close to others in a church pew. :mad: Oh, and if I was new, I'd hate to have people in my row...

Our church is having a "Sacrifice Sunday" where people "sacrifice" for God... but really, the church just wants new carpet, so more offerings are needed. >_>

I dislike sermon outlines where every point begins with a certain letter, topic or acronym. The pastor at our church does it like crazy. At first it was fun to predict each point (like, he's said the "Power of God" and the "Spirit of God", so you know "Word of God" is coming next ;)), but now it's bothersome. Instead of getting deep into God's Word, these sermons go out of their way to be tacky (Return, Rapture, Reign, Renewing, Remedy... anything that starts with "R"). It gets tiring... :-

So yeah... there are my weekly pet peeves. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

The first and last pet peeve really drive me nuts too. When you get out of your way just to make it interesting...I just think it's really lame.
Another pet peeve is when people step on my toes (which happens often) and say nothing about it. Or when people spell Wooton "Wooten".

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I hate it when people sing out of tune or out of rhythm. :x

It makes me angry.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I hate it when there are people in show choir--particularly the men, the altos, and the second sopranos--who don't sing their part. I'm like, "Really? He's gone over this, like, a billion times, and you still can't get it? It's not that hard to sing a part and dance." And at this point in every song except from the ballad, whenever I hear, "Where are you, altos?" or something of that nature from my choir director, I just immediately start singing that part, because it's not likely that they're going to. It also bugs me when they're not giving their all in the dance and/or they're not smiling.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Another pet peeve I have (I just love this thread :roll:) is when people capatalize the user 'snubs''s name. So whenever I see, "Snubs makes good graphics," I feel like saying, "It's snubs, not Snubs! Peoples, how often do you NOT get to capitalize a name?"

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Marvin D. wrote:Another pet peeve I have (I just love this thread :roll:) is when people capatalize the user 'snubs''s name. So whenever I see, "Snubs makes good graphics," I feel like saying, "It's snubs, not Snubs! Peoples, how often do you NOT get to capitalize a name?"
It just feels weird.....not to. O:)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote:In church today my mom decided to have our family sit in the row with some new people. Therefore, we were squished in the row, WITH AN ENTIRE EMPTY ROW BEHIND US! I was... ticked. Since the day I was born I've hated being super-close to others in a church pew. :mad: Oh, and if I was new, I'd hate to have people in my row...

Our church is having a "Sacrifice Sunday" where people "sacrifice" for God... but really, the church just wants new carpet, so more offerings are needed. >_>

I dislike sermon outlines where every point begins with a certain letter, topic or acronym. The pastor at our church does it like crazy. At first it was fun to predict each point (like, he's said the "Power of God" and the "Spirit of God", so you know "Word of God" is coming next ;)), but now it's bothersome. Instead of getting deep into God's Word, these sermons go out of their way to be tacky (Return, Rapture, Reign, Renewing, Remedy... anything that starts with "R"). It gets tiring... :-

So yeah... there are my weekly pet peeves. \:D/
Ah yes, the rhyming or same letter or acronym thing... we must go to the same church! \:D/

If I were a new person at a church I would feel REALLY uncomfortable if random strangers squeezed into the pew next to me. >_> I would think they were like mad I was in their seat or something. Or just think they were creepy in general. I like my personal space, ESPECIALLY amongst strangers. :boohoo: