Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I just cannot believe that's Johnny Depp.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The ghost of Frank floats around the room and says: "I saw the movie last night...finally...it was really good...and yes, Shady dear, I can see why you thought that Johnny Depp did a better job of Willy Wonka. I did like the plot of this one better, and the special effects better (of course...) and the ending. Maybe one day I will say that this one was better. My favorite part is when Willy is having his semi-annual haircut...finds the white hair and says "I need to find a heir!"...hahaha. Okay, yeah, so it was really super funny, everyone of you should go and see it. Yeah. *floats away to torment EB in his sleep*
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:The ghost of Frank floats around the room and says: "I saw the movie last night...finally...it was really good...and yes, Shady dear, I can see why you thought that Johnny Depp did a better job of Willy Wonka. I did like the plot of this one better, and the special effects better (of course...) and the ending. Maybe one day I will say that this one was better. My favorite part is when Willy is having his semi-annual haircut...finds the white hair and says "I need to find a heir!"...hahaha. Okay, yeah, so it was really super funny, everyone of you should go and see it. Yeah. *floats away to torment EB in his sleep*
I'm glad you liked it.

Maybe one day I will be able to see it. \:D/
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I'm going to see it on the 3rd, so i don't know what i think of it yet, but i heard people saying that he just says weird things out of the blue. and that it's freaky... I think~ well the other one did that stuff too!!!
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I saw it last night. It was good, much better than I'd expected I must admit. In comparison to the original movie, the acting was better, the effects were better, and it was truer to the book. However I was saddened to discover that they dropped the oompa-loompa song :mecry:.
This is one movie I'll probably buy when it is released on DVD.
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

i havn't seen it yet but i want to. i heard it was good.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I just had to go see the movie again ;). I noticed a lot more details this time. I think I enjoyed it more on the second viewing.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The ad made it look um... strange. And I really doubt I going to see it. :noway:
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

i still haven't seen it yet!!! This is driving me crazy!! I'm going to see it at 5:00 TODAY!!!!
After i see it, I'm going to go home and watch the original... just to compare, and truthfully decide which is better...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I can't stand Johnny Depp's look. :-#
That's what I can't get over either. :anxious: He simply creeps me out looking at him. :mecry:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Plus Johnny Depp looks waaaay too creepy and Michael Jackson ish for my tastes.
That's it! That's what he reminds me of!! :thud: (I'd already written the above in response to Trent before I saw this post.)

No offense to anyone who likes it. :anxious: I'm not judging the whole movie or anything... just sharing the impressions the pictures give me, logical or not. :-$ :-
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i saw it yesterday....it was really good, however i didn't like the Oompa Loompa songs. I really liked Johhny Depp as Willy Wonka, when they did the thing with the puppets, then the puppet burn center...then Wonka's comment of "You're really short aren't you"
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

I just saw it 2 days ago! I thought it was way too computer animated! Agustus looked like he was made out of clay! They wrecked the characters of violet and Veruca!! Veruca wasn't mean enough! Even though she did look like the other one! Violet was nothing like herself, and her mom was a freak!

Has anybody else realized that they make up parts in all the movies just for Christopher Lee?(Willy's dad)
Disqualified
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Disqualified »

i saw it and i thought it was ok
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I thought it was a great movie. Johnny Depp did an excellent job as Willy Wonka and this movie held a lot more of depth that the older one did not. It applied to all ages. The ending was sweet. Overall, great film.

The one thing I greatly missed was the whole, ''Everlasting Gobstopper'' scheme. Perhaps that wasn't in the book.

BC
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

EugeneFan wrote:I just had to go see the movie again ;). I noticed a lot more details this time. I think I enjoyed it more on the second viewing.
Your avatar shows you like it... :D
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

In case you guys didn't know, I liked pretty well.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Actually ObiWan Kenobi Girl, most of the movie was shot on real sets, not computer-generated.
And yes, Monica the Gobstoper sceme was made up for the mvoie (just like they made up the sub-plot about Wonka's dad in this one)
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

A friend of mine said "Well... on the first one they make you want to go jump in his lap, but in the new one... you don't want to do that."
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

*thread merged*

Guys I was wondering if you've seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? How is it, I'm going to see it some time soon? Just wondering if it's worth watching? Thanks
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

The new movie with Johnny Depp was excellent. I liked the old Gene Wilder version as well. Both steeped in dark humor.

-jolly