What is Your Favorite Movie Soundtrack?

If there is already a thread like this please don't hate me I'm still kinda new!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

For an original score? Probably the soundtracks from The Village, the BBC version of Persuasion and the The Hours.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I love the soundtrack for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Rigoletto, Narnia, Newsies, LOTR and Star Wars are favorites.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

oh yeah I forgot about Newsies! Christian Bale is amazing :inlove: So glad to see someone else likes that movie :) the same goes for Rigoletto :yes:

Till the end of the line.
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Indiana Jones and the Prince of Egypt were awesome. Enchanted had simple, humorous lyrics, so that soundtrack was decent too.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack. And I admit it--I love the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
alma_b
Gold Member

Post by alma_b »

(500) Days of Summer has a very beautiful soundtrack . . :) . this is my favorite . :D
do you . ? do you really . ? why . ?
Violinist4Christ
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Violinist4Christ »

Young&Mighty wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot about Lord of The Rings. Their soundtrack's so original. Who composed it anyway?
Howard Shore. Yeah, I love it too. :) (I didn't see that anyone replied to your post so I hope I'm not repeating someone else.)

Oh it's so hard to narrow it down to one favorite. I love the Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack, Lord of the Rings (specifically the Fellowship). Oh, and Pride and Prejudice... the piano is so pretty!

Online cousins with Connie K.! :)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Star Wars & any ballet soundtracks. Oh yeah, & Jaws is pretty good too. Yay for John Williams!! :D
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

National Treasure(the 1st one) has an amazing soundtrack! It's like the best soundtrack ever, other than LOTR.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Young&Mighty wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot about Lord of The Rings. Their soundtrack's so original. Who composed it anyway?
Howard Shore

I love the LOTR soundtrack!!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*thread merged*

Guys there's some pretty amazing musical scores out there.

I'm pretty sure that everyone can agree that The Lord of the Rings is the best soundtrack.. ever, however, a few of my other favourites include Pirates of the Caribbean, Sherlock Holmes, Inception, The Dark Knight, Up, and Donnie Darko.

Also.. anything by Hans Zimmer.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Most anything by John Williams is pretty epic, and Alan Silvestri has had some good scores (particularly Back to the Future trilogy, although Captain America wasn't bad). Not sure who composed the music but X-Men First Class was pretty good. Danny Elfman can be repetitive but his Spider-man theme was pretty great and his Batman theme is THE iconic Batman theme as far as I'm concerned (other than the 60's TV show theme ;)). Batman Begins and TDK are all well and good overall but Elfman nailed the initial "theme song" aspect better.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

DUDE, I can't WAIT to hear The Hobbit's soundtrack... seriously. Now you got me thinking about it again... :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I could listen to the score from Up over and over and over again. Its beautiful, and I love it. Michael Giacchino is one of my favorite composers. My other favorite soundtracks would have to be The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Lord of the Rings, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean (I've never actually seen any of the movies but we've played the music from them in band several times) and Star Wars.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Alan Menken and Hans Zimmer are the best composers I have ever heard. I love all four of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks *I'm not the only one! :D*. I'm addicted to the Tangled soundtrack. I like the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, the Tarzan soundtrack, the Brother Bear soundtrack, and the Pocahontas soundtrack. Oh, that also means Phil Collins rocks too. :D I also love the Thor soundtrack. The X-Men: First Class soundtrack is pretty rocking itself.

It's funny. I never liked scores before, and soundtracks weren't that high on my list of priorities to enjoy. Now I'm all for them.

EDIT: I have enjoyed the Princess Diaries 1 and 2 soundtracks. :D Anastasia was really good. Mulan! The Lion King. Shrek 1. Gnomeo & Juliet. A Cinderella Story. Cars. Aladdin. Letters to God. Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney *Alan Menken!* and The Little Mermaid 1 and 2 and Hercules. Okay, anything Alan Menken. The man is amazing. Enchanted. I... back in the day, liked Camp Rock's soundtrack. Not all of them have scores, of course... A Walk to Remember. The Swan Princess. And Narnia: LWW.

Wow. Looking now... I have and do like a lot of soundtracks. lol! I think it was scores I hated. Now I enjoy them. :)

EDIT EDIT:
Haha, I have never seen LOTR, Jelly... so, I can't actually say anything about that soundtrack. I would have to say Hans Zimmer anything though rocks my socks off. And Alan Menken rules. Thor OST, Pirates 4, and Tangled OST are my #1's right now. :D
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I actually really like the National Treasure soundtrack. :anxious:

LOTR of course.

Hoodwinked. \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Finding Nemo. :yes: It's so oceaney.

Beauty and the Beast is also cool.

\:D/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I like Ratatouille's soundtrack. :D

Very french-y :)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Haha, I have never seen LOTR, Jelly...
die.
ric wrote:Hoodwinked. \:D/
This. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait