What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Rachael wrote:My friend has to read 'Candide' within the next week-and-a-half-- and she has band camp! She said it was pretty boring, which makes me glad I don't have to take any kind of Lit as far as I know.
Candide was reallyfunny imo, but also quite dirty. If I could have gone without reading it I would have.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Mmmmm.... WWII *salivates* The Longest Day rocks!!!

Anyway, I just started The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick, the notorious computer hacker and social engineer. The book is about social engineering, which I find to be rather fascitating.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I'm reading two books... The Blood of Christ and Time Machine
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay! I'm on the last Corrie Hollister book, and I should finish it sometime today.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I am now reading War of the Worlds
Me
An original

Post by Me »

And I'm guessing the reason you're reading it has nothing to do with the movie, right? *sarcasm* :D
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

The Silmarillion - I actually have to time to sit down and read it now! \:D/
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

harry potter and the half blood prince (on the 11th chapter) \:D/
Image [img]
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

I am reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Wowzers. I just finished the second book in a series and it was very good writing!

Author: Heitzmann, Krisiten;
Titles: #1 - Secrets, #2 - Unforgotten

Sort of a Dee Henderson and Susan May Warren mix. I can't wait to see if a third book will be forthcoming.

Yes. I know I should have been studying...and I have...some! :o) I just finished Treasure Island for my Childrens Lit class. I'll start Little Women as soon as I write my essay on Long John and Jim
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The Simarillion, by JRR Tolkien
...I hate marquees.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

The Invisable Man
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Sunday wrote:Wowzers. I just finished the second book in a series and it was very good writing!

Sort of a Dee Henderson and Susan May Warren mix. I can't wait to see if a third book will be forthcoming.

Yes. I know I should have been studying...and I have...some! :o) I just finished Treasure Island for my Childrens Lit class. I'll start Little Women as soon as I write my essay on Long John and Jim

Hrm...I may have to try her. Read any of her other stuff? I love bothe Dee and Susan...

I finished Blink. Not sure what to read next. Dumb library hasnt sent me any new books.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I am now reading Grayfox, the companion novel to the Corrie Hollister books. It's about her brother. After I finish that, I'll move on to the Journals of Corrie and Christopher! \:D/ It's after she gets married.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sunday wrote:Wowzers. I just finished the second book in a series and it was very good writing!

I am reading Secrets now.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I'm almost finished with Through Russian Snows, and then I'll probably read To Herat and Cabul or For Name and Fame. (All three by Henty.)
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I recently started Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy. I'm also in the middle of Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card, but the book went mysteriously missing a while ago. *makes mental note to borrow all the Ender books as soon as the school library reopens* I'm also considering reading Dune. Anybody read that one?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

beka8910 wrote:The Invisable Man
oh i had to read the invisible man for summer reading. it was a weird book.

right now i am reading a biography of abraham lincoln and c.s. lewis' mere christianity for the second time.
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

"Drawing People: How to portray the clothed figure" by Barbara Bradley

All in all a good book, from my perspective, as one who's been practicing art for 8 years, it has some very unique and fresh ways of looking at things that I'd never even considered before. Bradley has the refreshing approach of drawing out her models and explaining herself in a very pristine, and direct fashion, while still making it feel like "art." Though there are some points that stylistically I have found better approaches for, it has some great points, taken in perspective. It's a nice approach for new artists, and has some good new points for more practiced ones.

-Trill
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Blink.
Ted Dekker.

:shock:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!