Writing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Prefer to write or type? Cursive or block? Right or left handed? Pick 3 choices.

Write
6%
Type
30%
Cursive
10%
Block
19%
Right
29%
Left
4%
Both
1%

Total votes: 79

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Writing

Post by Marvin D. »

Please vote in the poll, then write a bit about it.

1. Do you prefer to write or type?
2. Do you write cursive or block letters?
3. Are you left handed or right?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

I'd rather type...like what I'm doing right now. . . can you imagine the internet if everything was handwritten! wow. When I do write I prefer cursive just since it goes faster, however it sometimes (most of the time) get's pretty sloppy. . . then there's my personal code that I sometimes write in. I am strongly right handed...but kinda sad about that because I've noticed that some of the best artists are left-handed. Oh well.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Type... keeps me focused more. I'm right handed. I like block... cursive has been lost on me since the 7th grade... when I didn't have to be forced to write it for everything.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

If I'm writing something that needs to sound good I prefer to write it by hand. (Like all my school assignments. I write them out by hand first, and then type them. Somehow I always seem to end up on the internet even though I only meant to go onto Word, and I get distracted and my writing doesn't sound as good.) If it's not super important, and I'm not getting graded for my writing then I'll just type it all out.

When I write prose I prefer block letters, when I'm writing poetry I use cursive. I also use cursive when I write secret things that I don't want anyone else to read, except then I make it tiny so I can't even read what I'm writing.

I am right handed.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I would rather type. I am right handed. If I must write, I write in printing. I'm trying to get into the habit of writing in cursive, but that hasn't been going so well.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like to type, because I can do it pretty well, but I also like to write by hand, in non cursivey form. I'm also right handed, and I'm an artist.

Till the end of the line.
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Shennifer wrote: I'm also right handed, and I'm an artist.
I'm not saying that right-handed people can't be good artists (I'm also an artist), I'm just saying that many left-handed people are REALLY good artists...or maybe...many REALLY GOOD artists are left-handed people. Something like that. :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Or maybe...it's in your imagination!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

perhaps. But I have proof! (just...not on me at the moment....left it in my other pants) :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yeah, right....like I'll belive that...

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

1. I prefer typing most of the time, but I like hand writing things as well, e.g. for journaling and writing thank you notes.
2. I usually print, but I do have a nice cursive when I feel like being fancy.
3. Right handed and left brain dominant!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Since I myself hasn't said anything about me's now....
I'm right handed, I write cursive and block, and I prefer to type.

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I prefer typing because five years ago I broke the ring finger on my right hand which makes writing rather painful at times. When I do write I prefer block. I am right handed.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I am right handed. When it comes to writing and typing, I don't really have a preferance (sp?). I rarely ever write in block.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

It surprises me that there are no just lefthanders.
Interesting
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Bob Booth wrote:
Shennifer wrote: I'm also right handed, and I'm an artist.
I'm not saying that right-handed people can't be good artists (I'm also an artist), I'm just saying that many left-handed people are REALLY good artists...or maybe...many REALLY GOOD artists are left-handed people. Something like that. :)
Some of my classmates and a left-handed dude were talking about that this weekend. Nick told Eder that with left-handers, they are either really really popular (famous, smart... you know), or just lower than average. Of course, that never means that there aren't average left-handers. Take for instance one of my friends. He's left-handed, but definitely average...

And right-handers can totally be artists... good in fact.

It would be many really good artists are left-handed. :P Not all left-handers are artists... Eder, for instance.

Just my thing for the day...
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'm left handed and I'm brilliant! Okay, just had to throw that out there. :^o Sorry. And no, I'm not an artist at ALL. I guess I'm smart. I took the SAT when I was 11. I can't draw or paint to save my life, though. Weird. And to answer the question at hand, I like typing better, I prefer print over cursive, and I am left handed.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

When I write with my left hand, it comes out like: jdfkjioajkldjfiohajoqhr89f jbkafi u8 mslmfow fyrhi. You get the point. I can draw stick figures and basic drawings, though. And Trixie, you took the SAT last year? How?

Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I'm left-handed, and I certainly think faster when I type, but there are times when I prefer writing on paper. I don't like writing in cursive, though I'm learning to write in cursive backward. And I'm trying to teach myself to write with my right hand.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I tend to prefer typing to writing, mainly because I get more written that way and I find that when I write a lot my hand starts to hurt. I don't like writing in cursive so I stick to block. I'm left handed but can write right handed at times - although it isn't as neat as my left hand. But it is readable. Even so, I stick with my left hand most of the time.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~