The Secret Name of Catspaw

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Amethystic wrote:Go Canada!!!! \:D/
Termite wrote:*soothingly* No, Amy dear. Jack hammers are for big kids with liscenses. You'll have to wait til you're older. *pats shoulder*
I'm not that young. :noway: And I've done more dangerous things than use jack hammers, many which I did while in your company. :-
I can attest to that. Just the other day on the way back from Cairo she operated a 747 to take us directly home. :yes: The pilots were so embarrassed by being overcome by a teenage girl that they claimed that they were distracted from their laptops to explain their being off-course. :- (jk lol)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Invisible Ninja wrote:I can attest to that. Just the other day on the way back from Cairo she operated a 747 to take us directly home. :yes: The pilots were so embarrassed by being overcome by a teenage girl that they claimed that they were distracted from their laptops to explain their being off-course. :- (jk lol)
Shhh! :x You don't blab stuff like that!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

PRESENTED WITH MY PROFOUND APOLOGIES

The Naming of Catspaw's a difficult matter,
it isn't just one of your holiday games;
you may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
when I tell you a Catspaw has three different names.
First of all, there's the name that the family calls her,
such as Anna, Katrina, Edwina or Jane,
such as Eileen or Erika, Liza or Maggie -
all of them sensible, everyday names.

(There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
some for the gentlemen*, some for the dames:
such as Hildr, Ianthe, Electra, Demeter -
but all of them sensible, everyday names.)

But I tell you, a Catspaw's a name more particular,
a name that's peculiar, and more dignified.
Else how can she keep up her tail perpendicular,
or spread out her whiskers, or cherish her pride?
Of names of this kind I can give you a quorum,
such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Elenshalaw,
such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum -
names that never belong to more than one Catspaw.

But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
and that is the name that you never will guess;
the name that no human research can discover -
but the Catspaw does know, and will never confess.
Should you find a Catspaw in profound meditation,
the reason, I tell you, is always the same;
her mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of her name:
her ineffable effable
effanineffable
deep and inscrutable singular name.

* I couldn't think of a way around this. This is why I don't write poetry.
Also the third... stanza? Verse? isn't changed much at all.
Hey, it was spur of the moment, what do you expect?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sonuna, you are never allowed to leave for more than a day ever again! And post more and lurk less, because this is awesomeness. Who else could come up with this, with such brilliant edits? Nobody, obviously! :D
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

:lol: Haha, I love Cats! \:D/ We should create our own production: "ToO: The Musical". \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Actually it's from the book: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot. The musical took a lot of its lyrics from the book, originally.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I knew that, but I haven't read the book itself. :P I just remember when they chant that poem during the performance.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Ah, yeah. ... haven't watched it in a while, my recollections of it are pretty rusty.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

LOL. I thought it sounded like the poem. \:D/ You haz talent. :yes:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I agrees. :yes: Impressive show, Sonuna! \:D/ *wishes they'd add a Sonuna's Dictionary back into the shop for other times when she is less comprehendable* O:)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

but that was perfectly comprehensible like I am all the time, right?

right??

yeah don't answer that
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's especially amusing for me, because my sister was just randomly talking about T. S. Eliot's cat poems a few days ago. She's read them but I haven't. If I had never met Sonuna (and her parents) I would be very suspicious that Sonuna was actually my sister in disguise! :shock:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Christmas Tree wrote:but that was perfectly comprehensible like I am all the time, right?

right??

yeah don't answer that
I only know what others have said, but anyone that needs their own dictionary is epic in my book! \:D/