Whose "almost wedding"?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Whose "almost wedding"?

Post by Trixie Belden »

If you listened to the Official Podcast on the 2nd, you probably heard that while there will not be any deaths in album 51, there will be an "almost wedding"! What I'm curious about is, whose will it be? Connie and Wooton's? Whit and the Parker's grandmother? Or two completely new characters? I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks and what it will actually be! O:)

Ahh, weddings. We haven't have one for six albums! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

If Connie and Wooton even CONSIDER getting married to each other I'm abandoning the show forever. ;)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I don't really think it will be one of the main characters--after the whole Mitch thing, I don't think Connie's willing to enter into a real relationship, and she's not in a serious enough relationship to marry anyone. Eugene and Katrina are already married, and they've had two weddings already anyway. Jason's gone, and it doesn't seem very Odyssey-like or realistic to randomly bring him back. For Whit, of all people, it's sort of OOC to go out on the streets and go "Well, she's hot, I think I'll marry her!" and then realize that it's the wrong thing and call it off. Jack and Joanne are also married. It's also implied that Trent and Mandy won't be returning next season, and even if they did, they're not even yet interested in dating. That only leaves two new characters to appear and be almost married. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! It'll be a nice surprise, whoever it is, to find out the bride-and-groom-to-be.
The Top Crusader wrote:If Connie and Wooton even CONSIDER getting married to each other I'm abandoning the show forever. ;)
Wow, Top. Wow.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:If Connie and Wooton even CONSIDER getting married to each other I'm abandoning the show forever. ;)
ditto. that would be.... terrible.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

It wouldn't be terrible! Just pretend that Novacom is back and have "enslaved the human race". That would include Connie and Wooton and they would go insane and get engaged before Whit climbs a tower and saves the world and everyone realizes that they were crazy and Wooton and Connie become friends again.

And don't even get me started on that whole moon landing scheme. But that's another story for...another...time. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

TigerintheShadows wrote: For Whit, of all people, it's sort of OOC to go out on the streets and go "Well, she's hot, I think I'll marry her!" and then realize that it's the wrong thing and call it off.
I actually really like this idea! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Connie and Wooton?? That is just completely GROSS and should never be suggested even in jest.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I am hoping Wooton is gone after this long break and they let Jess Harnell play someone cool but I assume we'd have heard about it by now if that was the case. :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I could see it happening but at the same time I couldn't. Wooton insaults Connie in a flirty sort of way and Connie laughs at almost everything Wooton says even if it's not funny. Who was there when Mitch died... Wooton. On the other hand Wooton is in his thirties and Connie still hasn't chosen a post secondary institution, and they would never get anything don, so the wedding would never happen.

Apple Sauce
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Apple Sauce »

What do you mean someone cool Wooton is awesome even if he is a little silly although Connie and Wooton
would be a strange pair
Apple Sauce, Good with pork chops by the way

Life Goals:
1 Go to Colorado Springs Colorado
2 Become a Psychologist
3 Blank
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

The Top Crusader wrote:I am hoping Wooton is gone after this long break and they let Jess Harnell play someone cool but I assume we'd have heard about it by now if that was the case. :(
I agree with you, I never cared for his character, however it's confirmed that Wooton will still be around in album 51 and most likely will continue to be around in the episodes after 51
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime

Post by 31899 »

[Opinion Alert] I don't not like the character of Wooton, but I think he is over used.

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I agree with you all that they certainly shouldn't get married, but if something is going to make me want to abondon the show it wouldn't be this.

And I still don't see what's so bad about Wooton. I know a lot of people think he's unrealistic, and the thought of letting parents go to his house is a bit creepy, but I still say he's someone who I'd love to grow up to be like.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Laurie wrote:Connie and Wooton?? That is just completely GROSS and should never be suggested even in jest.
It's because of responses like these that I changed my original username. :( Everyone is so closed-minded, and it was only a suggestion. :noway:
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I don't expect the "almost wedding" will have any real meaning in the context of the characters of Odyssey. It will most likely be in the Inspir/Imagination Station, or in Kidsboro, or something. None of the returning characters are close to marrying anyone, and none of the new characters will have been around long enough for us to care if they got "almost married."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Maybe it's a Bible story? Like "Three Funerals and a Wedding," but with no funerals and no wedding. ;) Or the Imagination Station in a non-biblical story, like Boswell suggested. No Bible stories with an almost wedding come immediately to mind. :-k
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am so excited that I can't even make a good guess, but I think it will be one of the new characters.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Maybe the entire season will be about a long courtship between two main characters, but then in the season finale at their wedding one of them says "LOL PSYCHE!" and runs away from the altar! \:D/

Post by 31899 »

The Top Crusader wrote:Maybe the entire season will be about a long courtship between two main characters, but then in the season finale at their wedding one of them says "LOL PSYCHE!" and runs away from the altar! \:D/
That would be rather amusing, but may be "almost wedding is a code word for something and there just using it to get us off track ... :anxious: ...Wait, that's 2 words it can't be a code word.

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Top Crusader wrote:Maybe the entire season will be about a long courtship between two main characters, but then in the season finale at their wedding one of them says "LOL PSYCHE!" and runs away from the altar! \:D/
Like Eugene and Katrina's engagement, except that they were actually married.

I don't see the issue with Wooton. Can someone (who is NOT BIASED *cough-Top-cough* ;)) please explain?
The Top Crusader wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote: For Whit, of all people, it's sort of OOC to go out on the streets and go "Well, she's hot, I think I'll marry her!" and then realize that it's the wrong thing and call it off.
I actually really like this idea! \:D/
Yeah, you would, Top. I knew you'd like the idea, so I posted it. :)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog