Baseball

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Termite wrote:Let's you baseball lovers sprint around on a field that's bigger than football fields for 90 minutes. :noway:

*cough* I just think it's boring. :- And rugby tops football any day. *runs out of thread*

EDIT: I could go on an hour rant about how mental soccer is, but I'll spare you all this time. =P
lol I don't doubt that football is mental, as is throwball and basketball and most other sports. But this is more mental and less physical, simply because it's a slower game. :) It's not easy to throw a ball into a space with the area of a couple feet without the batter hitting it. Pure psychology. :) I admit that I am bored with it at times when I feel the need for fast-paced sports, but all in all I think it's a good game. :)

*hopes some people will want to join the World Series contest he's going to go start in Odyssey 105 in a minute*

Edit: Okays so I got the World Series contest set up. Hurry and post, those who would like to join! \:D/ Clickey heres to be magically transported through the world of little electrons to the game/contest. \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

When I want fast-paced sports I turn to cool things like short-track speed skating! \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, this isn't major league, but the Rochester Red Wings (minor league) did pretty well this season, with a bunch of home runs by Brock Peterson (no relation to me, but has same name as AIO news announcer)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Termite wrote:Let's you baseball lovers sprint around on a field that's bigger than football fields for 90 minutes. :noway:

*cough* I just think it's boring. :- And rugby tops football any day. *runs out of thread*

EDIT: I could go on an hour rant about how mental soccer is, but I'll spare you all this time. =P
*raises hand*

I've played baseball and soccer. I was probably the third fastest player on the team, and played in every game.
Also, in my high school, pretty much everyone that played baseball had played soccer and been good at it, whereas there was a large number of soccer players that couldn't hit a baseball to save their life.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, but I'm just giving some input from my experience.

Oh, and about baseball being boring..
What's boring about hitting a small round ball travelling at 90+ MPH with a round bat. Not to mention it was calculated that a MLB player has .3 seconds to decide whether or not he will swing the bat. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports, without question.

It might be slow, but if you stop and appreciate what is happening (like the fact that someone is actually throwing that fastball faster than you drive on the highway), it makes it much better.

I could also argue how baseball is the most mental sport there is, but I will try to stop ranting.

Phillies just took game one -- nice one Lee, Utley. Great game. Here we go not-Yankees!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

This is week 1 of Baseball delaying Glee, now I have to wait a full other week before it comes back on. So depressing. :(
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shad Lexer wrote:

*raises hand*

I've played baseball and soccer. I was probably the third fastest player on the team, and played in every game.
Also, in my high school, pretty much everyone that played baseball had played soccer and been good at it, whereas there was a large number of soccer players that couldn't hit a baseball to save their life.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, but I'm just giving some input from my experience.

Oh, and about baseball being boring..
What's boring about hitting a small round ball travelling at 90+ MPH with a round bat. Not to mention it was calculated that a MLB player has .3 seconds to decide whether or not he will swing the bat. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports, without question.

It might be slow, but if you stop and appreciate what is happening (like the fact that someone is actually throwing that fastball faster than you drive on the highway), it makes it much better.

I could also argue how baseball is the most mental sport there is, but I will try to stop ranting.

Phillies just took game one -- nice one Lee, Utley. Great game. Here we go not-Yankees!
Thank you. :D And the fielding is no small task either! Especially the pitcher, trying to throw a ball inside a two foot square (no idea on measurements lol) box without it getting hit. Plus the other fielders having the patience to stand and yet be ready for a ball faster than the pitch to come their way. \:D/

Oh yaya! \:D/ Go Anti-Yankees! 8-)
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:This is week 1 of Baseball delaying Glee, now I have to wait a full other week before it comes back on. So depressing. :(
Just imagine that it's the Glee characters on the field. \:D/