...I need ideas...

that i haven't thought of before

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

...I need ideas...

Post by Liz_Horton »

So i have this "vocation" research paper coming up really soon. I have one week to figure out what i'm going to write about. My only resources are on the internet, bc I'm not in the US and its hard to find English books, reliable research can be difficult to find. So any ideas are greatly welcomed, also any reliable websites that aren't all that well known are also helpful. Thank you anyone who replies to this!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Could you explain more about what your topic is? Are you supposed to choose a job and then research all about it? Or did I misinterpret?
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

that's interesting.
i have to fill out a survey on my vocation.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Catspaw wrote:Could you explain more about what your topic is? Are you supposed to choose a job and then research all about it? Or did I misinterpret?

That is exactly what I am supposed to do. sorry for being so unclear, It was 6 am and I was supposed to be doing Pre-cal when I posted that.

My teacher said this should be more than a school project, that it should help me explore my future, but I'm 16, and have absolutely no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. I've thought about ministry, but i don't think that is what god is calling me to.
Like i said, I'm just trying to think of ideas. I'd talk to my mom about it, but because she is my on-site teacher, she doesn't like to know what I'm writing about before she reads papers. And my dad told me to "research" what I want to write about. So once again, any ideas, tips and websites are greatly appreciated.
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

So do you want to find out about different kinds of jobs? Is there a specific branch of work you're interested in?(electronics linguistics etc.)

PC11
Merry Christmas!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Write a paper about joining the FBI ;).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This sounds like an interesting (but difficult!) assignment. :) You might want to take the Myers-Briggs test online (click here for some version of the test - the official one doesn't seem to be available for free) - it's a personality profile that is better respected than most of the random online tests along those lines, and it might help you understand yourself better, and it should give you some career ideas. It's at least a place to start. You might want to use that info to think of some careers you might be interested in, or at least eliminate some that you know you aren't interested in! And of course, prayerfully considering the things you feel pulled towards is always a good idea! :D Once you pick a career, be sure to post it here to see if there are ToOers who can help provide more information about it, beyond what you find yourself online! :)
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Thanks everyone for your help! After a few days of research, and prayer, I talked with my Mom (Teacher) and we decided that I really cant get enough resources to do this paper, so instead I am doing a paper with the same requirements, only on the differences of the first century Church and the Christian church today. Seeing as my dad is a preacher, he has tons of books to help me. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sounds like a good solution! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds like an interesting topic to pursue! :D I hope you enjoy learning about the early church.