The Decision Has Come...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Well, I know that personally, I just always bribed/blackmailed the admins. But being a mod isn't all it's hyped up to be, so... don't worry about it. \:D/
Last edited by Pseudonym on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

A great way to stop getting all worked up about stuff is to stop caring. :yes: Sounds a little harsh I guess, but it's true, and that's what worked for me. :)

I don't know why you want to be a mod so much, but I know why I wanted to be one. I thought being a mod would make people respect me, I thought I would be somebody important and popular. Let me tell you, that doesn't happen. I was actually made a mod on another forum (of over 2000 users) but I doubt it's much different here...I did enjoy being a mod, yes, but I also had a horrible time with people being jealous of me, and trying to catch me doing something wrong so they could try to get me demoted. People were meaner to me after I became a mod, not nicer.
You might want to be a mod for different reasons, but I thought I'd throw that out there. :)
The good ol' ToO.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

InHisArms wrote:People were meaner to me after I became a mod, not nicer.
This should be put on a plaque somewhere. ;)
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Tyler wrote:
Yayness. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Unfortunately, for the way God made me, I actually can't stop caring... that may sound weird, but I take other peoples problems and carry them... I care too much.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Unfortunately, for the way God made me, I actually can't stop caring... that may sound weird, but I take other peoples problems and carry them... I care too much.
I have that problem too. It makes internet forums kinda miserable, doesn't it? :( I don't really have any concrete tips on how to stop caring about internet forums so much, what I did was leave for a couple months. :p
The good ol' ToO.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I wanted modship but kept quiet and stuck with campaigns and my own board.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Tyler wrote:
*frames*

Yes, that's very true. Being a TH mod/admin got really old after being hated on for so long. Couldn't ever do anything right. Blah, blah, blah. Same thing happened on another board that I was admin of. People got mad because a mod was "too liberal" and next thing I knew, members I liked were shredding me just because I stood beside her. And yeah, being a mod here for the first time last term is like the first time I've seen multiple people posting on ToO about how they dislike me and how awful I am and stuff. I probably won't be doing that again because I'd rather just be friends with the people here.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I was meaner when I was a mod, not nicer. :(
Last edited by jelly on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Jellyman and IHA both have good points. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I was never an admin, so I can't answer for them... However, you do have great potential to be a mod, but you have some issues to work out (as you basically stated in your first post in this topic), and it's nice to see you're going to be getting those dealt with. :)

Whatever you decide, I wish you many blessings! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Danielle, before this term, I generally wanted modship, and thought it would be so cool to have a green username. ;) But I was just made "Pastor" of Second Church, and I don't really want modship anymore. I just got over my desire, but I wouldn't oppose to being appointed mod in the future. I don't have much advise on getting over it, though, it just sort of happened to me. :-k
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Being a mod is more of a status then anything else (for most people, I think). You're like, "Dude I wanna be a mod I wanna have green username!!1" but actually being a mod isn't that exciting... it's not like you're going to abuse your powers so there's actually not much to and you find yourself hoping the new users start double posting so you actually have something to do.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Baragon wrote:I was never an admin, so I can't answer for them...
Oh but you were. :noway:
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Jelly wrote:Being a mod is more of a status then anything else (for most people, I think). You're like, "Dude I wanna be a mod I wanna have green username!!1" but actually being a mod isn't that exciting... it's not like you're going to abuse your powers so there's actually not much to and you find yourself hoping the new users start double posting so you actually have something to do.
Well, I've never been a mod on this board (not that you don't already know that!), but I do have the experience to agree with Jelly. I'm a mod on another forum, and consequently, I have to do a lot reading. Sometimes it's pretty tedious, and it's never actually fun. Well, except for having fun with a couple of guys who spam a little...Anyway, it's not FUN, it's just a job, or a duty, or whatever you want to call it. If you want to have fun, create a forum, invite a couple friends, and then change their passwords. I know how fun it is. :lol:
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Baragon wrote:I was never an admin, so I can't answer for them... However, you do have great potential to be a mod, but you have some issues to work out (as you basically stated in your first post in this topic), and it's nice to see you're going to be getting those dealt with. :)

Whatever you decide, I wish you many blessings! \:D/
*thumbs up* Good post, I agree. :)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Tyler wrote:
Baragon wrote:I was never an admin, so I can't answer for them...
Oh but you were. :noway:
Not on here... :noway: on the ContinentalAdmiralisawesome-board.. yeah. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

AKA the Town Hall. \:D/

But yeah I would be sad to see you go, DAM. :(
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Dam, glad to see you might be sticking around for a few more days. :D Honestly, I think I've been one of your antagonists, at least around CCDS. Sorry about that.

And, I know everyone else has said this, but I've been a mod a couple times and it was never really what most people hyped it up to be. Especially when you've never been a mod, I remember when they would announce the mods and I wasn't one of them, I'd be pretty bummed. Anyways, I enjoy not being a mod now. One of the reasons is probably because I'm almost never on. But, it's actually nice not having any responsibilities. :- Even though I understand wanting that status symbol, especially if you're on alot.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

InHisArms wrote:A great way to stop getting all worked up about stuff is to stop caring. :yes: Sounds a little harsh I guess, but it's true, and that's what worked for me. :)

I don't know why you want to be a mod so much, but I know why I wanted to be one. I thought being a mod would make people respect me, I thought I would be somebody important and popular. Let me tell you, that doesn't happen. I was actually made a mod on another forum (of over 2000 users) but I doubt it's much different here...I did enjoy being a mod, yes, but I also had a horrible time with people being jealous of me, and trying to catch me doing something wrong so they could try to get me demoted. People were meaner to me after I became a mod, not nicer.
You might want to be a mod for different reasons, but I thought I'd throw that out there. :)
I liked you as a mod. :D You got me unbanned from that forum! That's probably the main reason why you liked being a mod actually.

And DAM, I know what your real problem is. Your problem is computers. (They ruin everyone's lives. They're the reason people are fat and lazy. Before computers there wasn't really internet so people had to walk to a bookshelf to do research. Now everyone's fat because they sit to do research and get no exercise carrying all those heavy books.) If there was no internet you wouldn't have this problem and wouldn't have to care about not being a mod because there would be no mods. I think that technology has ruined the world, and you're a prime example of how the internet causes people strife.
That wasn't all to be taken seriously. Partly though....
Last edited by Anna><> on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.