Take it from the Top

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
odysseyfan1
Classic

Take it from the Top

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Album 51 is tentatively called "Take It From The Top"

The purpose of the mysterious red button that Connie pushed at the end of Album 50 will be revealed in the first episodes of Album 51 called 655: The Inspiration Station, Part 1 and 656: The Inspiration Station, Part 2 (subject to change) and will start right where 642: The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 2 ends

The Washington family will not be returning

A fourth Kidsboro episode is planned with a theme of freedom of speech

Kidsboro characters will be interacting with normal Odyssey characters

It is still unknown if Tom Riley will return with a new actor or simply disappear

Album 51 is planned to be in stores at the same time that the episodes air on the radio
The new season is expected to start in March of 2010 instead of the fall 2009 as originally announced

Andre Stojka will be replacing Paul Herlinger as the voice of Whit

Six episodes for Album 51 were recorded in May 2009, and the remaining six were recorded in September 2009

There will be some new people on the writing team

Some of these episodes may be moved up to air in the 2009 Season

Two new families and several characters are planned to appear
One of these new families is the Parker family (one of the Parkers is named Camilla), and the other is the Jones family

There will be new characters in Wooton's Powerboy comics

A new theme song will be introduced
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

That's an excellent list. I didn't know AIO was getting a new theme song!

-moved topic from Gower's to Whit's End.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Isn't this the spoiler list from AIO wiki? ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wow... that list just killed any anticipation I had for upcoming Odyssey episodes. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

odysseyfan1 wrote:Album 51 is tentatively called "Take It From The Top"

The purpose of the mysterious red button that Connie pushed at the end of Album 50 will be revealed in the first episodes of Album 51 called 655: The Inspiration Station, Part 1 and 656: The Inspiration Station, Part 2 (subject to change) and will start right where 642: The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 2 ends
So, basically, the "pushing of the button" represents the changing of Whit's Voice. Wow, wish I had a button that did that.

[Connie pushes the Red Button]

Connie: Woah! What happened?

[Whit Enters the Room]

Whit: Oh hey, Connie, did it work?!

Connie: Woah! Whit! You sound Just like a mix between Tom Riley and Bernard Walton!

Whit: [chuckles] Well, good! I was hoping it would work.

Connie: Why did you decide to do it?!

Whit: Well, I thought since Bernard and Tom aren't going to be around much anymore. I thought I would just combine myself into one Super Character. I'll also be hosting BTV, washing my own windows, and taking over the Timothy Center! That's why I called it the "Inspiration Station" now. It changes your voice to whoever you want to! Which, inspires you to do new things!

Connie: Awesome!
odysseyfan1 wrote:
A fourth Kidsboro episode is planned with a theme of freedom of speech.
That's annoying. So Kidsboro is really going to be part of the new series heh? Does that mean they kindv'e need to include that three-parter into the series, or the album? I hope they do. I don't really consider "Truth Chronicles" as part of the series, though...hopefully they add that three parter as a bonus to the album so people can understand...
odysseyfan1 wrote:Two new families and several characters are planned to appear
One of these new families is the Parker family (one of the Parkers is named Camilla), and the other is the Jones family
Wow, two families heh? So, just incase the other one doesn't work out, I assume? These two families would really have to be different to be dividing family-storyline ideas between both of them.
odysseyfan1 wrote: A new theme song will be introduced
I don't mind this news. I found the previous one to be too "bouncy". As long as they keep the original famous Odyssey 7 notes, (and they better!) then I'm happy. Unless...well...they provide lyrics to the show:

"Welcome to Odyssey!
There's so many fun things to see!
Like Bunnies, and Kitties, and old Whit too!
We'll run through the fields, and learn things new!"

Yea, this new season has me nervous just a tad bit.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Thanks for copying and pasting the AIO Wiki.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Great list! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Tyler wrote:Isn't this the spoiler list from AIO wiki? ;)
Trent DeWhite wrote:Thanks for copying and pasting the AIO Wiki.
Indeed, if you would like to see it there, click here. \:D/
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

odysseyfan1 wrote: It is still unknown if Tom Riley will return with a new actor or simply disappear
I thought one of the interviews made it fairly clear that he wouldn't be back for album 51 (but might still come back for a later album).
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That's correct, as per our interview with Paul McCusker, Tom and Bernard will not be featured in Album 51.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

*adds to wiki page*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That wiki page is awesome, by the way. You might want to consider adding references - so people can find out where the spoiler(s) was originally announced. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Aww man... no more Bernard? He's like the best. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I just cleaned it up some, but I can't quite remember where all of those facts were orginally found. :-k
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

As if the art and new Whit weren't bad enough, they're changing the theme song???
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

DanP740 wrote:As if the art and new Whit weren't bad enough, they're changing the theme song???
They tend to do that every few years.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

American Eagle wrote:Aww man... no more Bernard? He's like the best. :(
`

No, Bernard and Tom could still come back. We just know that that decision won't be made until after album 51. Therefore, neither character will be appearing in said album, but both still have potential returns in 52 or later albums.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jacob Isom wrote:
DanP740 wrote:As if the art and new Whit weren't bad enough, they're changing the theme song???
They tend to do that every few years.
Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, we've had at least six or seven variations of the theme song over the last couple decades. ;)
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

There's a difference between a new "variation" and a new "theme." There seems to be some confusion here about which is indicated.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think it's more a matter of semantics, really. Every time they update the theme, it's new. But in the grand scheme of things, it's always a variation of the original theme.
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.