Album 51 Ideas

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

That would be Justine (Baker?).
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

So more on topic, why can't the new season bring back all the characters from the old shows as parents?
ex. Lucy+Jack
Merry Christmas!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

prestoncamden11 wrote:So more on topic, why can't the new season bring back all the characters from the old shows as parents?
ex. Lucy+Jack
It seems that Jimmy, Jack, Lucy, etc, shouldn't come back for a long time, it would ruin the effect of having them come back in album 50. In album 50, it was ort of like, "Wow, I remember those people, what a cool surprise!" If they keep coming back it would get boring. We need new characters!
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

profg11 wrote:
Boswell wrote:I was actually thinking of Love is in the Air.
True - but that had nothing to do with mitch - as i recall, connie had been with a lot of guys - none of witch were as serious as mitch. So having Mitch be with someone els would be cool. other then connie, he has only been with what's her name that starts with a j....

Quote tags fixed ~ KBT
KODY 105 wrote:That would be Justine (Baker?).
YES! THANK YOU! (i knew it was a j name - right on the tip of my tongue.
Irwin wrote:
prestoncamden11 wrote:So more on topic, why can't the new season bring back all the characters from the old shows as parents?
ex. Lucy+Jack
It seems that Jimmy, Jack, Lucy, etc, shouldn't come back for a long time, it would ruin the effect of having them come back in album 50. In album 50, it was ort of like, "Wow, I remember those people, what a cool surprise!" If they keep coming back it would get boring. We need new characters!
I think new characters are good - but 2 much "new characters" would just get confusing (and already has) it seems they have made a LOT of new characters lately...

I also think it kind of WOULD be a good idea to bring characters back in that way - but not "Jimmy, Jack, Lucy, etc..." I think hey should bring back other characters that also disappeared that way but have not come back like - Jimmy, Jack, Lucy, etc...

I also think they need to have some kind of contest sometime soon where the winner gets 2 meet all the actors on AIO and also play as a character in one or 2 shows (like a guest star, not just a extra). I think it would really publicize the show.

That just a bit of what should go into #51...
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

profg11 wrote:I also think they need to have some kind of contest sometime soon where the winner gets 2 meet all the actors on AIO and also play as a character in one or 2 shows (like a guest star, not just a extra). I think it would really publicize the show.
They did that with the Last Chance Detectives. The winner played a boy in The Invisible Dog. He asked a question in Geomotry class when Eugene was substituting.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I find it weird that Lucy was gone sooo long.. her voice hardly changed (honest). Now she's marrying (married to) Jack... that I hate. But I have my fantasies... oh yes.

Hmm... there will be new kids, new families.. Jason will be back one day.. not saying the next album... the Straussberg's have an opening too... they didn't leave (thank God! Come on Nathan Carlson!)... others... who knows...

Mitch should come back. (With Richard Maxwell... like Rachel Maxwell wrote.... Yes, I'm totally into about five different AU's in the world of Odyssey...) COnnie should grow up more and get married! We need a high style Odyssey wedding. And not like Jack and Joanne. I mean, HIGH STYLE. Since we don't get Jack and Lucy's, we need SOMEONE... Connie is next. And Eugene and Katrina's wasn't so... eloquent...

A wedding is what I want... anybody...

And another villain. Long villain... like Blackgaard or the Chairman.. not a short villain. If you get my drift...
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
profg11 wrote:I also think they need to have some kind of contest sometime soon where the winner gets 2 meet all the actors on AIO and also play as a character in one or 2 shows (like a guest star, not just a extra). I think it would really publicize the show.
They did that with the Last Chance Detectives. The winner played a boy in The Invisible Dog. He asked a question in Geomotry class when Eugene was substituting.
yes, thanks - I was actually thinking along those lines... but again - that was "Last Chance Detectives" NOT Odyssey. Also, he played as (what we call) a "extra" where they have like 2 lines and thats it. It's kind of like "great, I am entering a contest where I get to be on the show for like 2 lines, no one even notices me." if they did something BIG that was all AIO where you win and it has nothing to do with any other show and the prize it BIG, then I think they would not only have a lot more attention - but also a lot more entries.

Just a thought...
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:

My website:
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

They need to have another 30 parter!
Merry Christmas!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

profg11 wrote:
yes, thanks - I was actually thinking along those lines... but again - that was "Last Chance Detectives" NOT Odyssey. Also, he played as (what we call) a "extra" where they have like 2 lines and thats it. It's kind of like "great, I am entering a contest where I get to be on the show for like 2 lines, no one even notices me." if they did something BIG that was all AIO where you win and it has nothing to do with any other show and the prize it BIG, then I think they would not only have a lot more attention - but also a lot more entries.

Just a thought...
Well, the contest was LCD, but the episode was AIO.

I think a couple lines is enough, because letting an amateur do a lead makes the show drop in quality. Also, the prize is really just to meet all the actors and be a part of a recording session and be in an episode, rather than to really be a star.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I find it weird that Lucy was gone sooo long.. her voice hardly changed (honest). Now she's marrying (married to) Jack... that I hate. But I have my fantasies... oh yes.

Hmm... there will be new kids, new families.. Jason will be back one day.. not saying the next album... the Straussberg's have an opening too... they didn't leave (thank God! Come on Nathan Carlson!)... others... who knows...

Mitch should come back. (With Richard Maxwell... like Rachel Maxwell wrote.... Yes, I'm totally into about five different AU's in the world of Odyssey...) COnnie should grow up more and get married! We need a high style Odyssey wedding. And not like Jack and Joanne. I mean, HIGH STYLE. Since we don't get Jack and Lucy's, we need SOMEONE... Connie is next. And Eugene and Katrina's wasn't so... eloquent...

A wedding is what I want... anybody...

And another villain. Long villain... like Blackgaard or the Chairman.. not a short villain. If you get my drift...
*Totally agrees with everything she said**Especcially the villian part*
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

profg11 wrote:

Just a thought...
Well, the contest was LCD, but the episode was AIO.

I think a couple lines is enough, because letting an amateur do a lead makes the show drop in quality. Also, the prize is really just to meet all the actors and be a part of a recording session and be in an episode, rather than to really be a star.
yes... well, I think thats what they should do - make someone a star. I also think they should have nothing to do with LCD....

L8R
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:

My website:
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

prestoncamden11 wrote:They need to have another 30 parter!
Novacom nearly killed the production team though it was EPIC. I'd hate for Phil Lollar to have an emotional breakdown.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Phil Lollar doesn't work for AIO anymore...
Dr. Bluegaard
Not as new

Post by Dr. Bluegaard »

They need to have another longer term action arc of some sort. :pray: They haven't had one since Novacom! I guess you COULD count the whole Connie discovering her purpose in life deal, but she has kinda done that since album 1 :boohoo: . When will she find it?! I also don't really like the idea of the Kidsboro kids becoming Odyssey citizens :x . I kinda was hoping they'd stick to their own little corner. Don't get me wrong. I liked the Kidsboro Takeover book a lot, but I didn't like that they turned it into an audio drama so much. I don't know about Mitch :-k . I think it would be interesting if he came back, but maybe not. I hope that this new voice for Whit sounds like him, maybe a little older or something, but not too different. I think that Paul Herlinger was a great match for Whit. I am really excited about the new theme song. I don't know if they will change it a lot or just do some sort of remix thing (Techno baby!). I hope they don't change it too much either. There is just so much that is going to happen in the next 6 months! They should seriously expand on the whole Darien's Rise thing. Those were good books, and I think that they will make great audio too.
Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

LOL. So right, Odyssey should have a Techno theme. Even at the thought of such awesomeness, my brain starts to burn :dance:
Last edited by Ben Linus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I'd assume that AIO has considered including "Kidsboro 1-3" in album 51 because Paul Herlinger's voice is the voice of Whit. It would be weird to jump to the second voice of Whit once you establish that there's a third voice of Whit. Unless, of course, AIO only releases Kisboro episodes in Kidsboro audio releases. I'd prefer that option. I find the Kidsboro episodes unbelievable and the characters are snobs. No, brats!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Take it from the Top + Connie and Button + Whit made invention = Time Machine!!! (Probably not)

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jacob Isom wrote:I'd assume that AIO has considered including "Kidsboro 1-3" in album 51 because Paul Herlinger's voice is the voice of Whit. It would be weird to jump to the second voice of Whit once you establish that there's a third voice of Whit. Unless, of course, AIO only releases Kisboro episodes in Kidsboro audio releases. I'd prefer that option. I find the Kidsboro episodes unbelievable and the characters are snobs. No, brats!
Kidsboro was released in The Truth Chronicles so I have been assuming that it won't be in album 51. :-k
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

But if Kidsboro shows will be intertwined periodically in the series, wouldn't it make sense to release the first Kidsboro shows as part of the chronological series? I'm just thinking out loud here... er... with my fingers...
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Not all shows make it into regular albums, though. They're numbered as regular shows so that may be enough. :-k