Bugs?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Great work, guys! The default style still has alignment issues when viewed in Internet Explorer 8... Anyone else having this issue? Also could we get the Odyssey Scoop added to that list of links? Thanks for everything you guys did to make this great!

Also are you guys planning on adding more of those styles we voted on? I'd love to see #6 on here. It would be a nice choice for those who liked the look of the ToO before.
Last edited by Jacob Isom on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This isn't really a bug, but I'm wondering if the list of SBC threads could be collapsed so they don't take up so much space. :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Jacob Isom wrote:Great work, guys! The default style still has alignment issues when viewed in Internet Explorer 8... Anyone else having this issue? Also could we get the Odyssey Scoop added to that list of links? Thanks for everything you guys did to make this great!
I wasn't aware of the exact issue until late Friday, so I haven't had a chance to track down the hover issue. And I will definitely add the Scoop's link!
Jacob Isom wrote:Also are you guys planning on adding more of those styles we voted on? I'd love to see #6 on here. It would be a nice choice for those who liked the look of the ToO before.
Yep, as mentioned before we need to fix a couple things first before they are activated.
Trent DeWhite wrote:This isn't really a bug, but I'm wondering if the list of SBC threads could be collapsed so they don't take up so much space. :x
See the Board Preferences tab of the User Control Panel for "Display options for forums." We installed this to hopefully deal with the immense amount of forums this site has. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Thanks Darcie!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

darcie wrote:See the Board Preferences tab of the User Control Panel for "Display options for forums." We installed this to hopefully deal with the immense amount of forums this site has. :)
Good thinking. I just edited my board display preferences - unchecked a bunch of SBC forums - and yet they're still showing up for me. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yeah, well... :anxious:
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

I can not click on the "Album #51 - Front" when I go to the " Take it from the Top!" page. It just tells me "Oops! Can't Find That Page!
If Adventures in Odyssey is your search, don't click your back button!" if you can fix that some time soon that would be great! =D thanks!

also, can you make it so we can comment on some of the "Scoops" the "blog posts". If so that would be great - that way we can talk on each subject with other members. Thanks! =)

-- 03 Aug 2009 07:09 am --
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Okay here it is!

The IE prblem isn't fixed yet, but other themes seem to work find.
I don't see the gender icons either.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

When clicking on links, some have newtoo as part of the url. None of those work. Examples, the We're Back announcement on the home page and the link to this thread from your welcomd back post.

edit--Any reason the avatars and such are on the right side of the screen in the Odyessian layout? Or is that just the way it is?

edit2--You lose an awful lot of money when editing posts, even when content is added. I believe this edit will put me in the hole.

edit3--nevermind, you can't go in the hole that way.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

I thought that we would have the power/option to change the avatar display to the left.... I can't stand it on the right. I checked display preferences and a few other places but I didn't find that option! a.r.g.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Go to the silver layout. It has it on the left there. The colors aren't nearly as loud there, which I may perfer just since I only recently woke up.

Speaking of the silver layout, and I don't know if this is the case for the other layouts, but when you click on update status, the "Your status currently is:" is located under the place you type and submit. Don't know if that matters, but it looks kinda silly.

edit--That first part of my post was directed to Hannah.

And I really don't like losing money for editing, as I edit a lot.

edit2--'Nother bug, the gender indicator icons aren't showing up under the silver layout. I don't know if that's a board problem though, it may just be my finicky computer.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Not a bug, but as long as I'm using this thread for my feedback, I really like the little online banner that appears by a persons avatar if they're on. I don't know what it looks like in the other styles, but in the silver one it's slick.

-- 03 Aug 2009 07:47 am --
Jacob Isom wrote:Great work, guys! The default style still has alignment issues when viewed in Internet Explorer 8...
Forgot to mention that, I'm having that too. Which doesn't affect me anymore as I'm not using that style (I like the avatars on the left).
Also could we get the Odyssey Scoop added to that list of links? Thanks for everything you guys did to make this great!

Also are you guys planning on adding more of those styles we voted on? I'd love to see #6 on here. It would be a nice choice for those who liked the look of the ToO before.
And I second all of that.

Though I will say, if you liked how it was before, use the silver layout. Not the same but close enough.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

In the silver style you can't see who's online on the index page like you used to. Again, I don't know if it's supposed to be that way, so if it isn't, yay, I found a bug. If it is, I'd like to have that feature back.

-- 03 Aug 2009 07:54 am --

edit--Nevermind, I'm blind it turns out. You can see who's online.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

All of the Randoms' rank bars and next to the avatar, pushing it over. I see all of you antis have their's in place. Cruelty! :x

:- Kidding. But they are tweaked.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

profg11 wrote:I can not click on the "Album #51 - Front" when I go to the " Take it from the Top!" page. It just tells me "Oops! Can't Find That Page!
If Adventures in Odyssey is your search, don't click your back button!" if you can fix that some time soon that would be great! =D thanks!

also, can you make it so we can comment on some of the "Scoops" the "blog posts". If so that would be great - that way we can talk on each subject with other members. Thanks! =)
I honestly am not sure at all what these are referring to. :-k
Jonathan wrote:When clicking on links, some have newtoo as part of the url.
I think I fixed both of those already this morning.
Jonathan wrote:edit--Any reason the avatars and such are on the right side of the screen in the Odyessian layout? Or is that just the way it is?
Once I get the IE issue fixed, I will most likely add a left profile version.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I had noticed that too, the getting zapped when you add on that way. It is nice though that double-posts are now impossible.

Also nice is if someone posts while you do, you are given a chance to adjust your post before it's submitted. This post benefitted, and I didn't lose money for editing ^_^
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Whit guy keeps getting in my way, can't read anything. *sigh* My money is gone and "Blissully Oblivious" is no longer by my avatar. Btw, how can I change my avatar now?
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

It appears as if my custom title ("Resident Perditorian") didn't carry over from the old board. Is that something I'm going to have to buy back once the Shop comes back online?

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Over the Rainbow wrote: Btw, how can I change my avatar now?
Go to the User Control Panel, Profile tab, Edit avatar
Over the Rainbow wrote: "Blissully Oblivious"
Ingress Neverwhere wrote:"Resident Perditorian"
Both added. :) We didn't copy over the ones bought in the shop, only admin assigned ones.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Thanks, darcie! :D

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!