Michael Jackson

The King of Pop is dead

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It is unfortunate he didn't get to follow through on his dream of adopting a boy and a girl from every continent on the world. :( I really wanted to see the Antarctic children. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:It is unfortunate he didn't get to follow through on his dream of adopting a boy and a girl from every continent on the world. :( I really wanted to see the Antarctic children. :(
LOL. That would be a penguin. :P
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

American Eagle wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:It is unfortunate he didn't get to follow through on his dream of adopting a boy and a girl from every continent on the world. :( I really wanted to see the Antarctic children. :(
LOL. That would be racism. \:D/
American Eagle wrote:I can't believe how much the guy is worshiped, even by Christians! People in this forum say they've cried about the man's death several times, yet Jesus' death, who is our living Savior, is not worth the tears. We live in such a godless world.
Let's see Jesus dance like that. :noway:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

xiao wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
LOL. Actually that would be the truth. \:D/
Wikipedia wrote:There are no permanent human residents but anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 people reside throughout the year at the research stations scattered across the continent.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
xiao wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
LOL. Actually that would be the truth. \:D/
Wikipedia wrote:There are no permanent human residents but anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 people reside throughout the year at the research stations scattered across the continent.
LOL. That would be misinformation.
The residents of Antarctica are often confined to small areas. At many stations, living quarters are built underground so that the inhabitants are protected from the wind.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

xiao wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote: LOL. Actually that would be the truth. \:D/
LOL. That would be misinformation.
The residents of Antarctica are often confined to small areas. At many stations, living quarters are built underground so that the inhabitants are protected from the wind.
LOL. That would be the scientists and others on the research stations, probably not any adoptable children there. \:D/

But back to Michael Jackson - I think the huge media coverage of his death is ridiculous. Not that it's not sad that a non-Christian has died, it's just amazing how this event has been focused on ad nauseum since it happened. :-$
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Not that it's not sad that a non-Christian has died, it's just amazing how this event has been focused on ad nauseum since it happened. :-$
Who cares if he's Christian or not? He was a pop legend, one of the biggest things to ever happen to the music industry.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

xiao wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Not that it's not sad that a non-Christian has died, it's just amazing how this event has been focused on ad nauseum since it happened. :-$
Who cares if he's Christian or not? He was a pop legend, one of the biggest things to ever happen to the music industry.
You don't think it matters where he will spend eternity?
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Do you have any idea what it was like when Elvis Presley die ;)? People take their music (when it's actually good enough to be CALLED music) seriously :yes:.
xiao wrote:Who cares if he's Christian or not? He was a pop legend, one of the biggest things to ever happen to the music industry.
Um... I care about his eternity far more than his music, dancing, style, and anything else he may have given to the world. Like I said, none of what he gave really matters in the grand scheme of things, anyway. Sure, he gave great sounding music. Yeah, he could dance better than anyone else. But, what does any of that really do for us? What did any of it really do for him (aside from make him rich and encourage money-grubbers to seek to ruin his life)?
Dr. Bluegaard
Not as new

Post by Dr. Bluegaard »

Okay I heard this joke. I don't think it is too bad, but...

Anyway here goes:
Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven. God told her she could have anything she wanted. She thought a while and then said to him,
"I really like children, and I want all the children in the world to be safe."
So Michael Jackson died later that day.

:D
Trust me, I'm a doctor
xiao

Post by xiao »

Dr. Bluegaard wrote:Okay I heard this joke. I don't think it is too bad, but...

Anyway here goes:
Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven. God told her she could have anything she wanted. She thought a while and then said to him,

LOL, yeah that's pretty bad but still lol.
Dr. Bluegaard
Not as new

Post by Dr. Bluegaard »

xiao wrote:

Anyway here goes:

LOL, yeah that's pretty bad but still lol.
Sorry. Hope I don't get blacklisted! *runs off to hide*

:bye:
Iron and Light wrote:
xiao wrote:
Shad Lexer wrote:You don't think it matters where he will spend eternity?
It shouldn't matter to us. He's dead. His religious life is his own personal business and you should leave him alone.
It matters to us because we actually, genuinely want him to be in a good place. We actually want him to be happy. I know. What a shocker, right =o ?
xiao wrote:Well in that case you really shouldn't be posting here because thousands of "non-Christians" die all the time and in your eyes Michael Jackson should be no different. And yes, what he gave does really matter. You might as well say nothing a human does really matters and that's ridiculous. You really think that's what God intended? For all of us to think that everything that we do doesn't really matter anyways? We might as well not progress or create or do anything creative or musical at all then?

Durrr
And each and every time a non-Christian dies that I know of, it saddens me. Michael Jackson just really upset me because I knew a lot about it. It wasn't like, "Hey, some random girl named Jill died today." I'd watched and read hours worth of material on him.

Yes, what he did mattered for us here on earth; however, what I meant was that... nothing he did really did much for eternity. None of it is lasting. If you buy a new car, it's going to really help you get around down here, but when you die, that new car won't do you much good in heaven or heck, now will it ;) ?

Anyway here goes:

Bluegaard, that was really, really bad :noway:.
Sorry!!

Double post combined. ~Jelly
Trust me, I'm a doctor
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

The debate part of this discussion has been moved too CCDS.

Click here to go to topic.

Note: If you are not a member of CCDS the link will not work
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm listening to "I want you back" right now....for the win. \:D/

Jermaine Jackson has insane bass skills.
carjoy
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by carjoy »

its sad that he has left our world
do you think he was a christian??? :-s
God Bless,
^^
\/
carissa yoder!
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Personally, he really creeped me out. When we heard about his death I think that I was a little stunned, though. Both my father and I agreed that he was a very troubled man and we were heavy hearted because we didn't have any real hope for his eternity. Only God sees the heart, though.

On another note... my brother and I can't seem to get Billy Jean out of our heads! I only know the chorus but.... aauugh! I don't like the song, it isn't that great, but the week after he died it and Beat It were being played all the time at our pool.

We think that he either says "chair" or "Child"... but child is very unlikely.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Billie Jean is not my lover!

She's just a girl who claims that I am the one!

BUT THE KID IS NOT MY SON! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hannahjiejie wrote:I only know the chorus but.... aauugh! I don't like the song, it isn't that great
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

xiao wrote:
nu-uh :noway:

There is a distinct "ch" sound that can only be associated with "child" or "Chair" .... or chad, maybe the kid's name is chad?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hannahjiejie wrote:
xiao wrote:
nu-uh :noway:

There is a distinct "ch" sound that can only be associated with "child" or "Chair" .... or chad, maybe the kid's name is chad?
Nope. That's how the song goes.