Election Statistics

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Election Statistics

Post by LizzieG »

May 2009 was certainly a month to remember in the history of the ToO! We all knew that the thirteenth Town of Odyssey election was epic, and we all assumed it was record-breaking. But just how record-breaking was it? Taq and I were determined to find out, so we dug deep into the archives of the ToO to bring you some cool statistics that will make you proud to be a ToOer in this day and age, and to have witnessed history in the making.

In this most recent election, we achieved an astounding 2613 posts in 73 threads between the main election forum and the campaign headquarters subforums. Such high numbers haven't been seen since term 5, with its record total post count of 2672.

Those statistics are enough to make any red-blooded ToOers stand up and sing, but if you look at the statistics for just the main election board, the picture looks even brighter. We had 29 threads in that one forum, second only to the 34 threads of the Term 3 election. And, ladies and gentleman, I'm proud to say that that forum has the distinction of having the highest post count in the history of the ToO's main election boards - 1792 - beating out the Term 3 competition by 163 posts! :dance: In fact, our main election board's post count was greater than the forum+subforums' count for the last seven elections, and during that time, no other main election board even hit 1000 posts!

98 votes were cast this election, a turnout the likes of which the town hasn't seen since the 108 votes Term 6 drew. There also hasn't been an election this close since Term 2... both of which were determined by a single vote. Finally, the the Great TownHall Takeover was the ToO's first major story arc since the historic Dr. Blackgaard (aka Gabriel Dragstack) takeover during the Term 5 election.

What a sensational month it's been! Thank you all for making this election so exciting! :D

P.S. For those of you who are interested, here are the election board statistics in a handy chart:

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*drools*

Thank you for the figures. I enjoy running statistics and seeing the values!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*likes the term 3 numbers*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:*likes the term 3 numbers*
*dittos* :D

I didn't realize that we still held the record for # of votes... Wow! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I still think that election was the most epic one...with this past one coming in a close second.
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

Cool fact and stats Lizzg

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Wow, that is pretty epic! :goomba: I also thank you for the statistics! I'm not big on numbers, but it's neat being able to see them like that! \:D/
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

ToOers, are just...awesome.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

LizzieG wrote:Finally, the the Great TownHall Takeover was the ToO's first major story arc since the historic Dr. Blackgaard (aka Gabriel Dragstack) takeover during the Term 5 election.
How ironic that I would miss, not one, but both of these story arcs as I disappeared for a few weeks each time... >_>
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It was easy to miss the TownHall Takeover... it was all over in a day. :anxious:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Like the Bennett Charles takeover...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Irwin Springer wrote:ToOers, are just...awesome.
Yeah, we're all pretty niffty.

:-s The Bennet Charles Takeover? Sounds epic. That would be something that I'd want to be a part of. \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

You missed it by nearly two years. It was the first arc in the history of the ToO and took place in May, 2005.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DanP740 wrote:You missed it by nearly two years. It was the first arc in the history of the ToO and took place in May, 2005.
Unless we have gone back in time, she actually missed it by 4 years. :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw wrote:
DanP740 wrote:You missed it by nearly two years. It was the first arc in the history of the ToO and took place in May, 2005.
But she joined in 07'.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Tyler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
But she joined in 07'.
Ah, I see. I thought the comparison was between now and the takeover, not the takeover and when she joined. :- Silly me!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
But she joined in 07'.
Ah, I see. I thought the comparison was between now and the takeover, not the takeover and when she joined. :- Silly me!
Get with the program Catspaw! :x
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Dagnabbit. I always miss the awesomeness.
Cryin Bryan Dern
Not as new

Post by Cryin Bryan Dern »

Where's the in-depth report about the election scandals that took place during voting!? What about the amount of lies spouted by all campaigns!? :x Do I have to report all of the relevant news by myself?
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Cryin Bryan Dern wrote:Where's the in-depth report about the election scandals that took place during voting!? What about the amount of lies spouted by all campaigns!? :x Do I have to report all of the relevant news by myself?
Apparently ;)