How many of us are mac users?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

How many of us are mac users?

Post by EK »

Post here if you're a mac user! (Then we can band together and defeat those stinkin' PCs!) :x
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Not me, though I see myself potentially converting to macs after my PC kicks the bucket (which it'd better not do until after I graduate! :x).
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Macs are #1 on college/university campuses.

I think that says enough. O:)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

I use an iPod touch,and that's apple. Does that count?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm a Mac user.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I would be a Mac user, but unfortunately, I do not have my own computer. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I've been a Mac user since the summer of 2006. iMac G5 from 2006-2008 and MacBook Pro from 2008-Present. \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Pick me! Pick me! Yes, I have a 13 in. White MacBook, and have owned 3 iPods, all of which I have loved dearly (except maybe the one I haven't opened yet, but I don't have time).
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I'm on a mac right now. I'm getting a macbook aluminum in the mail any day now for college. \:D/
I do what I do.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I've been a Mac (or Apple) user for more than 20 years. \:D/

I'm currently on a 17" Aluminum PowerBook G4. Not that it's any different than the one I've always been on since joining here, but I figured I'd restate it anyway. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Macs pwn all! \:D/
I have an iMac, but that new Macbook Air looks extremely tempting... :drool:
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I have a Macbook and a desktop PC that doesn't really count because I built it (so, naturally, it works excellently. ;))
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Mac rocks! Down with PC! Has anyone noticed that in one of the latest commercials the only argument that PC has against Mac is that Macs cost more? * :boohoo: plays funeral dirge* I think that says it all!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yes, I'm a Mac user! \:D/ Just purchased a new iMac. Waiting eagerly for it to come. :pray:
darcie wrote:I've been a Mac (or Apple) user for more than 20 years. \:D/
:highfive:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I wouldn't mind having one, but they're too expensive for me to justify buying one. :(

If/when I get a laptop I'm definitely going to consider getting one simply because they're pretty good as far as doing graphic design goes..
...I hate marquees.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

J-man wrote:I wouldn't mind having one, but they're too expensive for me to justify buying one. :(

If/when I get a laptop I'm definitely going to consider getting one simply because they're pretty good as far as doing graphic design goes..
Yeah..

And as far as safety goes >_>.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

..Yeah, and I've never had a virus in the ~11 years my family have a computer.. Actually noone in my family ever has..
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Viruses can be avoided on PCs provided the user knows what to look out for and how to avoid them.

Random crashes and freezes, on the other hand, are not as easily preventable and will remain a part of the overall PC experience. ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think I have an aura of computer workingness, because I don't generally have random crash/freeze problems (or any problems that aren't easily fixed, really). The only time I do have problems, it's definitely not an OS problem *growls at firefox* :noway:

Edit: ..and I don't want this to turn into a mac vs. pc argument. Carry on with the original topic. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Yeah.. the random crashes and freezes really are the pits, though.

And for some reason, Windows computers just seem to be worse where security is concerned. I had a very old Mac, and it never had a virus, even though a 'friend' of ours removed essential components and everything (not to mention, we never had a firewall or anything :anxious:). Yet, take my Vista- I have multiple different firewalls, antiviruses, and everything else under the sun... yet it crashes about once every six months, freezes weekly, just got over DNS poisoning, and has also had a Trojan horse virus \:D/.