School ending?!? I just started!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

When will you be done?

this month?
53%
next month?
47%

Total votes: 19

Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

School ending?!? I just started!

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Is there anyone else here that is getting annoyed of talk of school being done for the year? ](*,)

I had a nervous breakdown yesterday when I went through my school books and a calender and found that I won't be done until August at the latest. :boohoo:

Anybody else in that prediciment? :anxious:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Wait what? You aren't finishing until August? Do you have summer classes or what?

I shan't be finished until mid-June. :(
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Pseudonym wrote:Wait what? You aren't finishing until August? Do you have summer classes or what?

Are you new?
I am homeschooled and we hadn't begun until February on account of a new baby. MY mom had friends who are finishing the work up this week *is envious*
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:Wait what? You aren't finishing until August? Do you have summer classes or what?

Are you new?
I am homeschooled and we hadn't begun until February on account of a new baby. MY mom had friends who are finishing the work up this week *is envious*
Am I new to... what? To the ToO, I would say not really, unless you consider 2007 "new."

That makes sense. I recall my school getting a bit messed up on account of a new baby as well, but I can't say we ever waited that long to start. I feel extremely sorry for you. ;)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Sorry you have to have your end-date messed up like that. Babies change everything.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Not only the baby, but mom had to have a c-section, so she wasn't all up to teaching.

Well, I don't remember ya. :-#

Anyway, atleast I am passing Chem class now.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I once took classes year-round (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer), so I can feel your pain. Don't lose heart, Donna B! It's only for a season. You can do it! :)
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

you should see how much work i've done.
Jan 1 to Mar 25 I did school 6 days a week and extra pages.
because I did'nt do school before that.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's what public/private school is for! \:D/
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Nah, I'd rather not be in a room with a bunch of teenagers. That is my worst nightmare
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Awww, I feel bad for you. sorry to hear that babe. :(

No, I've never had that happen to me, even though Mom had four more kids after me. I don't think we've had to miss a single day on the account of a new child. It only takes me about an 1 or 2 hours to get school done anyways. Besides, a baby doesn't comsume THAT much time.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

it must be awful to know that you have no summer. *feels sorry for you*
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*sings* A baby changes everythiiiiiiing! ;)

My birth messed up with education too; my mom quit her teaching job when I was on the way. \:D/

Unfortunately, school doesn't finish up here until the end of June. We get out a week later than the public schools, but we get out an hour earlier per day and I think we start later in the fall. :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:That's what public/private school is for! \:D/
:yes: *was attending school when the youngest was born*
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

My summer also doesn't technically start until August because I'm taking two summer classes. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

LOL, there's this one 30 year old friend of mine (Tony) who always tells this 21 year old friend of mine (Kyle) that Kyle messed up his whole third grade year by being born. Kyle's mom was Tony's teacher, and had to leave part of the way through the year to give birth.

But my only sibling is two years younger than me, and now that I'm no longer homeschooled but now in college: I really don't foresee any babies messing up my school years. :) August isn't too far away, though. Don't lose heart!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Arwen wrote:LOL, there's this one 30 year old friend of mine (Tony) who always tells this 21 year old friend of mine (Kyle) that Kyle messed up his whole third grade year by being born. Kyle's mom was Tony's teacher, and had to leave part of the way through the year to give birth.

But my only sibling is two years younger than me, and now that I'm no longer homeschooled but now in college: I really don't foresee any babies messing up my school years. :) August isn't too far away, though. Don't lose heart!

lol........

Well, atleast I know i can graduate with only one more science.

But I have to take math next year as a senior
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I just ended my last year of home schooling.

Cheers! \:D/
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

We always started school (homeschool) earlier than the public school kids. And finished later. :(

It was only until later that I realized my mother had tricked me into doing double the work. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

It appears, however, that the extra work has done you good! ;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: