Ocean's Eleven

and/or Ocean's Twelve

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What did you think of Ocean's Eleven and/or Ocean's Twelve?

They were both great!
57%
They were both dumb!
No votes
Ocean's Eleven was great, Ocean's Twelve was dumb.
29%
Ocean's Eleven was dumb, Ocean's Twelve was great.
No votes
I've only seen one of the movies, and it was great.
14%
I've only seen one of the movies, and it was dumb.
No votes

Total votes: 7

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Ocean's Eleven

Post by Evil Chick »

I really want to watch those two movies, but I'm not sure whether I should just buy the DVDs, or rent them.

Have you ever seen them? What did you think?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I just need more ROMANCE! Real romance instead of:

-Step one: Meet girl and like girl

-Step two: Sleep with girl.

Or visa versa... [subsitute guy for girl]

That is what natural relationships always look like in movies. Meet, like each other, sleep together, move in together, MAYBE get married.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I can't vote.... I thought Ocean's Eleven was ok (not dumb, but not great), and I absolutely LOVED--Loved, loved, loved Ocean's Twelve.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

"I've only seen one of the movies, and it was great."

I thought Ocean's Eleven was a good movie (probably worth buying). I didn't see Ocean's Twelve, because I heard that it was one of the worst movies ever produced.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

EugeneFan wrote:I didn't see Ocean's Twelve, because I heard that it was one of the worst movies ever produced.
That movie is one of my favorite movies.... I've seen many that are way worse.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Has anyone seen the origonal Ocean's 11? Basically the two new ones are a mix of the old one. The old one was very long and drawn out, it was basically showing off the Rat Pack, though it had one of the greatest endings of al time, imo.

The new Ocean's 11 had a similar plot to the origonal, but was much more interesting. It was based more on the heist than on the people.

Ocean's 12 was the opposite. It was more like the origonal in that it was based on showing off the actors than furthering any plot lin.

I enjoyed all three of them in their own way.

The original was a bit boring and had too many double entandres/innuendo's for my tastes.

The new Ocean's 11 was excellent, still stuff that didn't HAVE to be in there.

Oceans 12 was good as well. I liked all the humor...and I will not say more so that I don't give anything away.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

K. I think I'll probably go ahead and buy the DVDs, then. When I have money again...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

I have never seen them either. I have been wanting to see them, though. Let me know how they are if you end up watching them soon.
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I've seen both and love them so much. My sister and I try to see who can say the most lines out of each movies. My favorite line is "we're in Barney. Barney Rubble. TROUBLE!"
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Some guys from the Christian camp I went to told me about that laser scene in O12. According to them, that is a type of martial arts that is Brazilian and a very defensive type of fighting. It's also part dancing...it looked awesome. Now I'm googling it. It's called Kumquella angola or something...

EDIT: After google, I found it's spelled -

Capoeira Angola and here is a not so brief description about it!

The etymology of the word capoeira is disputed by some scholars. Some Brazilian writers claim it is from the Amerindian Tupi language group and means an area of bush that has been cleared by burning or cutting down. In Portuguese, the language of Brazil, it also means a big chicken coop or a place where birds are fattened. Kongo scholar K. Kia Bunseki Fu-Kiau thinks that capoeira is really a deformation of the kikongo word Kipura/kipula. According to Fu-Kiau "Both pura and pula means to flutter, to flit from place to place; to struggle, to fight, to flog. Both terms are used to describe rooster's movements in a fight: their back and forth, up and down as well as turning around moves. Kipura, in the kongo cultural context, is...an individual whose techniques of fight or struggle are based or developed on the ground of rooster fighting techniques.

From > http://www.capoeira-angola.org/what_is_capoeira.htm
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz