Congratulate me!

HUGE UPDATE. Read latest post...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Josef1004 wrote: It's good to know there were no serious injuries.
Maybe you could "bury" your old car in your attic like Mr. Bean.
WHA?! I never saw that episode! Which was it? I remember when his car got smashed, but I don't remember him burying it...

I went to the junkyard today and took pictures. Down closer to the floor the door IS a little more bashed in on the inside, which explains why my ankle hurt yesterday. I'll post a few pictures in a little bit.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Call me weird, but I'd still drive it. :-
If it still drives...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Actually, it does...but it already has a bunch of other things wrong with it. My next car can't HELP but be better.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

You know, even with a car this old, it seems like there should be at least one or two parts that may be worth something.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Whew, I echo all those who've praised God for keeping you safe, Arwen!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

DanP740 wrote:You know, even with a car this old, it seems like there should be at least one or two parts that may be worth something.
Sure, and the insurance company will sell them at the junkyard ('specially the nice year old catalytic converter that's in there) after I get paid the settlement for it. It's not like I get to keep the settlement AND the car (unless for some odd reason the car's not totaled).
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

it seemed to be a nice shade of red too.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

It was. But I'm looking forward to getting (hoping to get) a car that's NOT red. We've had enough red cars in my family to last us.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

ohhhhhhh so thats why you crashed it so you would get another color car
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

ExACTly.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Arwen wrote:WHA?! I never saw that episode! Which was it? I remember when his car got smashed, but I don't remember him burying it...

I went to the junkyard today and took pictures. Down closer to the floor the door IS a little more bashed in on the inside, which explains why my ankle hurt yesterday. I'll post a few pictures in a little bit.
It's in The Reflections of Mr. Bean. He is going through his attic and whenever he pulls out something and starts looking at it, it reminds him of something from a previous episode and the camera fades out and you see a clip of each episode.

Is your ankle visibly bruised, or just a little sore?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Glad that you're okay, Arwen! :shock:

Things like this are why I don't like to drive. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I don't understand the context of Miss Ingalls's wink, so I will respond to her text. I express similar sentiments to those posted by the user above me.

This could very well explain my hesitancy to drive...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Hmmm, I love to drive :anxious: - but back on topic.

I'm so glad that you are okay, Arwen. And that you get to get a new car!

I'll be praying for your friends family :pray:

IH,
Hannah
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

OK. Sorry everyone, but especially Josef. I meant to hit "quote," but I accidentally edited his post, and so it looked like he had posted this (below). I think I fixed it OK. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Also, Kody, the wink was posted before I posted the news about the family in Baltimore, if that explains it a little better.

Arwen wrote:
Josef1004 wrote: It's in The Reflections of Mr. Bean. He is going through his attic and whenever he pulls out something and starts looking at it, it reminds him of something from a previous episode and the camera fades out and you see a clip of each episode.

Is your ankle visibly bruised, or just a little sore?
I'll have to find that one.

My ankle's fine now. Not even a mark. My head has a small bruise on it, but nothing worth any more money.

On a bit of a sadder note, I just found out that my friends' father and husband was just killed yesterday in a car accident in Korea...It makes me feel more thankful and less complaint-prone than I was yesterday. You all can be praying for the Frankenhauser family.

I guess all of this COULD make us afraid to drive...but God has not given us a spirit of fear. I'm looking forward to getting back out on the road again.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

YAY! I'm getting this car tomorrow! (Well not this exact one, but it looks just like it) Still not settled with the insurance company, but my parents will get reimbursed when it does come through. In the mean time...

Mazda 626, 1994, 103K, in AWESOME condition (my dad and I looked at it tonight), only for $1K. Needs a little muffler work, but that shouldn't take much. I'm grateful.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I remember my brothers car accident that was similar to that... but it was his fault. If he wouldnt have buckled up he would have gone through the windshield. The car looked similar to yours.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Nice looking car, Arwen - I'm glad you were able to find one for such a reasonable price!

(Incidentally, my car almost bit the dust this evening as I careened around an icy curve at something exceeding the posted speed. Fortunately, enough experience with Grand Turismo 3 taught me to counter-steer a FWD vehicle in a corner skid. Heh.)
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I know this is a short post, but the next one will be a LOT longer:

GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Car accident? Are you accidnet prone Arwen?