AIO Game before the others...

This has bugged me. Maybe its not official but it's a computer game...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

AIO Game before the others...

Post by GlennAdams »

So, this has really bugged me. I have this computer game called Adventures in Odyssey CD ROM Interactive Game from 1998. It's a computer game and the Complete Guide never mentions it as the first computer game.

Here's a nice large picture of the CD I found with a bunch of old computer games. Any comments about it?? As in, where did this game come from because I'm kind of clueless... (I know the writings backwards....)

I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's the one with the Soda Shoppe game that was later on the official website and that complicated cow tipping thing where you try to stop the Bones from doing bad stuff, right? :-k We have that game from when I was a kid. I haven't played it in years, but I had some fun with it. I found the cow tipping part way too complicated, though. :anxious: I'm sure that it came from FOTF back in the day, but since it's basically obsolete now and since a decade later it's probably not the proudest moment of AIO history, it probably got left out of the Guide in the hopes that people forgot about it. ;)
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Alas, I also played that game when I was younger and thought it wasn't the best that AIO could have done. Let's just leave it under the rug for now. ;) I did like the soda shop game though, but I was a little kid...
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah. I remember that. I liked the cow tipping game and remember Doug saying, "Rodney ain't gonna like this." LoL. Interestingly enough... Yeah, it was a fun game back in the day. There was also a level when the basement of Whit's End was flooded. I really liked that level...
I do what I do.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I remember that game! We checked it out from the library a few times. I loved the Soda Fountain game! \:D/ And overall, it was a fun game. :)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Wow, it wasn't the best game ever (Carmen Sandiego rules all computer games!), but it was a lot of fun. I played it often. And I espically enjoyed the Soda Fountain game. \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I could never get by the cow tipping level! :x
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I found it at a Goodwill.It took me awhile to get past the "catching the bones" part.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I used to hear ads for it on the radio but I've never seen it.
GlennAdams wrote:So, this has really bugged me. I have this computer game called Adventures in Odyssey CD ROM Interactive Game from 1998. It's a computer game and the Complete Guide never mentions it as the first computer game.
There's many other things they don't list in the Guide either... like numerous complitation albums or activity packs or single shows that they've released. Did they list the Odyssey Bible(s?) or action figures or calendars or that Printcrafter Plus computer thingy?

I think they stuck more with products they're currently selling. :-k
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Well, I understand that. I'm just saying that this is a computer game that is never mentioned and it is before the other 3 or 4.
I do what I do.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I used to love this game. I just played it last week, and while it wasn't what it used to be, it does give us a cool look at the inside of Whit's End.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Chandler wrote:I used to hear ads for it on the radio but I've never seen it.
GlennAdams wrote:So, this has really bugged me. I have this computer game called Adventures in Odyssey CD ROM Interactive Game from 1998. It's a computer game and the Complete Guide never mentions it as the first computer game.
There's many other things they don't list in the Guide either... like numerous complitation albums or activity packs or single shows that they've released. Did they list the Odyssey Bible(s?) or action figures or calendars or that Printcrafter Plus computer thingy?

Thats quite interesting :-k and a bit of a shame :shame:.
They should have put in the old products jst for memoriabilia sake.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Mr.Whit wrote:
Chandler wrote:I used to hear ads for it on the radio but I've never seen it.

Thats quite interesting :-k and a bit of a shame :shame:.
They should have put in the old products jst for memoriabilia sake.
That would be quite a list! :D
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Could any of you guys post some screenshots from the game?
I remember really wanting it when I was younger. The whole 3D thing got me pretty excited. I imagined being able to hop inside the Imagination Station and stuff like that. If the quality of the game was the same as the Soda Shop game....that's pretty bad. Even the newer AIO games look really terrible (2D puzzle games??)

I really wanted there to be a fully 3D Whits End to explore. The CG intro to the New Video Series (like Last Days of Eugene) was cool but just made the films following it look extra out-of-date.
The only game I can really imagine AIO working well for would be some kind of online game set in a virtual town. I guess the problem would be that there could potentially be very little of interest to do.