Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw, can you please explain people's obsession with the 100th page? :noway:

EDIT: I win. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Deareast Catspaw, why is it Rodney is being innapropriate? Remember now, this is a board with children. :shame:
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

Catspaw, can you explain to these brainless dopes that randomly striking the numbers on the keyboard while holding down shift isn't swearing?

%^$&(^%*&*& Like so! \:D/

Hey also Catspaw, should I use my black gloves for my nerd pounding or the navy blue?
Last edited by Rodney Rathbone on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Did you come up with the marvelous idea of moving the counting thread to the Padded Room? If so, you're a genius. I was just thinking about how many people get an insane amount of posts from doing almost nothing. :mad:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Prince Ace Heart wrote:Can we all go over to your place and throw a major party?
Absolutely! *gets out the chips and dip* :yum: Who wants to play Scrabble?
Red wrote:Catspaw, can you please explain people's obsession with the 100th page? :noway:

EDIT: I win. \:D/
I can't explain the insanity of others...I barely understand my own insanity! :mad: Maybe you should know, since you managed to make that special post!
Lucy Maxwell wrote:Deareast Catspaw, why is it Rodney is being innapropriate? Remember now, this is a board with children. :shame:
Rodney is such a goofy guy! He seems to like to make trouble. The great thing is that he keeps things G-rated! :D
Rodney Rathbone wrote:Catspaw, can you explain to these brainless dopes that randomly striking the numbers on the keyboard while holding down shift isn't swearing?

Like so! \:D/

Hey also Catspaw, should I use my black gloves for my nerd pounding or the navy blue?
Now Rodney, rudeness is not the answer. :noway:

Also, I think you look quite dashing wearing the navy blue gloves. \:D/
Pseudonym wrote:Did you come up with the marvelous idea of moving the counting thread to the Padded Room? If so, you're a genius. I was just thinking about how many people get an insane amount of posts from doing almost nothing. :mad:
I can take neither the credit nor the blame for that. :( I think that when the Padded Room was create the counting thread was allowed to remain in HH because of it's longstanding history there, but since it does have the potential for lots of posts with no meaning or real content, the Padded Room probably isn't a bad place for it! \:D/ People can still have fun practicing their counting there.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Pseudonym wrote:Did you come up with the marvelous idea of moving the counting thread to the Padded Room? If so, you're a genius. I was just thinking about how many people get an insane amount of posts from doing almost nothing. :mad:
Hear hear! *nods over at K1*
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

*Raises hand* I gotta real question! First, can html be used on this forum? And if so, how does one turn it on?

Second, does one edit the handy little rank bar under their username or does it automatically populate. If the former, how is it done?
Edit: For that matter, how can I get avatar/siggy privileges?

Edit: Another question, what are the rules for avatars and signatures? As long as someone doesnt steal something off another ToO citizen, they can create it or take it from the web, (legally,) and stuff like that, right?
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Catspaw, what are you doing for Christmas?

And if you answer this after Christmas...What did you do for Christmas? And did you have a merry Christmas?

<3<3<3
BBB
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Would you rather spend christmas with your family or ToOers?

*imagines a giant christmas ToO convention* That would be cool!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

JesusFreak42 wrote:*Raises hand* I gotta real question! First, can html be used on this forum? And if so, how does one turn it on?

Second, does one edit the handy little rank bar under their username or does it automatically populate. If the former, how is it done?

Edit: Another question, what are the rules for avatars and signatures? As long as someone doesnt steal something off another ToO citizen, they can create it or take it from the web, (legally,) and stuff like that, right?
If you click on "Profile" on the top menu bar, there's an option to have HTML either on or off. :)

If you want to change your rank (the words) you can click on "Shop" on the top menu bar, then choose "Odyssey Specialty Shop" on the bottom of the list, and then it will cost you $75 to change your title. To change the image (for example, mine is pink with a Care Bear and says Catspaw on it) you need to go to the "Shop" and then choose "The Job Office" third from the bottom and then it will cost you $400 to buy a Custom Rank Bar Pass, which you will then need to send to an admin (such as JesusIsAlive, currently named Orange, or myself) along with your selection from the Rank Bar list (click here to see the thread, which is right here in the Steps of City Hall).

Since you currently have an avatar, I'm going to assume that you figured that out already. If you do need additional help, please let me know!

Your signature can come from any source, as long as it meets the ToO size limits (the maximum size is 400 x 100) and, as you said, was not stolen from anybody.
BrokenButBeautiful wrote:Catspaw, what are you doing for Christmas?

And if you answer this after Christmas...What did you do for Christmas? And did you have a merry Christmas?

<3<3<3
BBB
I just spent Christmas Eve with my immediate family, and I get to spend Christmas Day with my dad's side of the family and then the 27th with my mom's side of the family. :D I'm not going more than an hour away for either one of those, so nothing too exciting, but I'm sure that it will be lovely! I plan on having a very merry Christmas. :D
King Butter Turtle wrote:Would you rather spend christmas with your family or ToOers?

*imagines a giant christmas ToO convention* That would be cool!
Depends which family members you mean. ;) I will spend a lot of Christmas with my family, but I'll still be on the ToO during the day.

A Christmas ToO convention would indeed be fun! \:D/
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Colossal wrote:
JesusFreak42 wrote:*Raises hand* I gotta real question! First, can html be used on this forum? And if so, how does one turn it on?

If you click on "Profile" on the top menu bar, there's an option to have HTML either on or off. :)

If you want to change your rank (the words) you can click on "Shop" on the top menu bar, then choose "Odyssey Specialty Shop" on the bottom of the list, and then it will cost you $75 to change your title. To change the image (for example, mine is pink with a Care Bear and says Catspaw on it) you need to go to the "Shop" and then choose "The Job Office" third from the bottom and then it will cost you $400 to buy a Custom Rank Bar Pass, which you will then need to send to an admin (such as JesusIsAlive, currently named Orange, or myself) along with your selection from the Rank Bar list (click here to see the thread, which is right here in the Steps of City Hall).

Since you currently have an avatar, I'm going to assume that you figured that out already. If you do need additional help, please let me know!

Your signature can come from any source, as long as it meets the ToO size limits (the maximum size is 400 x 100) and, as you said, was not stolen from anybody.
Thank you much! :D Is there a signature limit text-wise, or just a "be reasonable" guidline? Edit: Nevermind on the above question, found the answer in my profile ;)

And while I'm here anyway: As to the job salaries and bank account interest, how often is the...program...or whatever you call it, set to pay? I mean, you get a certain amount per 3 days (right?), so do you get the full amount at the termination of that time? Or do you get a fraction of it per day or per hour or something?

Edit: I looked in my profile and the option for html was "on", but on the post page here editing my post it still says HTML is OFF, so what's up with that?

Also, how do user-created items (as in virtually physical objects), get created for selling in the "Shops" shop?

And as to the user shops in that forum I can't remember the name of (hehe :anxious: ), it says the first forum is free, and all after that 75 dollars. It also stresses that if one plans to close their shop and open a new one, they should ask a mod to delete it for them. Is this simply for organization and all that, or does this mean that if u delete your first shop, you can open another one for free as long as you only have one shop open at a time?

(I know, I ask alot of questions, but hey, so did Thomas Edison! And look where it got him! O:) lol)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Colossal wrote:To change the image (for example, mine is pink with a Care Bear and says Catspaw on it) you need to go to the "Shop" and then choose "The Job Office" third from the bottom and then it will cost you $400 to buy a Custom Rank Bar Pass, which you will then need to send to an admin (such as JesusIsAlive, currently named Orange, or myself) along with your selection from the Rank Bar list (click here to see the thread, which is right here in the Steps of City Hall).
For some reason, I only knew about the normal rank bars. :anxious: Thank you for that enlightening link, Catspaw! \:D/
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

how do you get out of a bad knock knock joke?
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Prince Ace Heart wrote:how do you get out of a bad knock knock joke?
On Christmas after Christmas dinner? Fake you ate too much and are gonna be sick. Run to the bathroom and stay there for a few minutes, making barfy noises, then flush the toilet and come back out looking refreshed.
On Christmas before Christmas dinner?Pretend to sneeze on them. If you have just taken a drink, let loose a little as you sneeze. Then appologize profusely and say you're sure it's nothing, just a common cold they probably won't catch anyway...
Any other day?Pretend to faint. If it's a girl telling the joke, she should freak out and forget the joke. If it's a guy, hopefully he'll think it was hilarious you freaked everyone out (excepting him of course), and then forget it.

If nothing else you can pretend to space out whenever they start to tell the joke and never hear it, so eventually they'll learn. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

JesusFreak42 wrote: And while I'm here anyway: As to the job salaries and bank account interest, how often is the...program...or whatever you call it, set to pay? I mean, you get a certain amount per 3 days (right?), so do you get the full amount at the termination of that time? Or do you get a fraction of it per day or per hour or something?

Edit: I looked in my profile and the option for html was "on", but on the post page here editing my post it still says HTML is OFF, so what's up with that?

Also, how do user-created items (as in virtually physical objects), get created for selling in the "Shops" shop?

And as to the user shops in that forum I can't remember the name of (hehe :anxious: ), it says the first forum is free, and all after that 75 dollars. It also stresses that if one plans to close their shop and open a new one, they should ask a mod to delete it for them. Is this simply for organization and all that, or does this mean that if u delete your first shop, you can open another one for free as long as you only have one shop open at a time?

(I know, I ask alot of questions, but hey, so did Thomas Edison! And look where it got him! O:) lol)
At the end of three days you get the money, not a little bit every day or so. As long as you log in at least once during that time period, you should receive the interest the next time you log in. The system isn't perfect, so sometimes it takes a tiny bit longer to appear, but since it's fake money, like goes on. ;)

Any posts you made before you changed the option on your profile won't change. It would just apply to posts made afterwards. If posts that you made after the change did not register the change, then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

There are no or few user-created items in the official Shop. Users are free to start a thread in Crestwood Avenue, but it's usually the admins in power who create (or arrange to have created) the official Shop items.

It was probably Shadowpaw who started that thread - he's the guy who created and originally ran the ToO. :) It's so people don't make five threads for similar products (one for avatars, one for signatures, one for wallpaper, more for other random stuff) when one thread works perfectly well, and that way Crestwood doesn't get cluttered up with the excess threads. If somebody wants a new shop instead of their old one (sometimes this happens when somebody hasn't used their shop for a really long time but then wants to have a shop again) then they can PM a mod or admin or just post in the thread, and the old one will be locked. At that point, a new one can be legitimately created without a fee being paid. The thread will not be deleted - it will simply be locked so that it cannot be used. It will still be viewable to everyone.

I think Thomas Edison was asking smarter people than you are, but good luck with that anyway. ;)
Light Blue wrote:
Colossal wrote:To change the image (for example, mine is pink with a Care Bear and says Catspaw on it) you need to go to the "Shop" and then choose "The Job Office" third from the bottom and then it will cost you $400 to buy a Custom Rank Bar Pass, which you will then need to send to an admin (such as JesusIsAlive, currently named Orange, or myself) along with your selection from the Rank Bar list (click here to see the thread, which is right here in the Steps of City Hall).
For some reason, I only knew about the normal rank bars. :anxious: Thank you for that enlightening link, Catspaw! \:D/
:shock: You must have missed part of Sekha's awesomeness-filled term! I am happy to have aided in your enlightenment.
When they say "knock knock," reply with, "I'm there!" and laugh so uproariously that they have no opportunity to speak for several minutes. \:D/ Best of luck with your joke-telling family members and/or friends!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Does Focus on the Family prefer the acronym FOTF over FOF?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh, why, can't I?
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Colossal wrote:
When they say "knock knock," reply with, "I'm there!" and laugh so uproariously that they have no opportunity to speak for several minutes. \:D/ Best of luck with your joke-telling family members and/or friends!
Nah what you say is "come in!"
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

SivartK wrote:Does Focus on the Family prefer the acronym FOTF over FOF?
I believe FOTF is more commonly used...if I saw FOF, I wouldn't know what it meant, but if I saw FOTF I would know right away! I can't officially comment on behalf of them, of course, since I have no connection to them other than fandom. ;)
Rainbow wrote:If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh, why, can't I?
It's a conspiracy. :( The solution is to buy a feather pillow and a big vat of glue! \:D/
Prince Ace Heart wrote:
Colossal wrote:
Nah what you say is "come in!"
Ah, I didn't realize that I was being presented with a joke, not an actual question. That should work! :lol:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Colossal wrote:
JesusFreak42 wrote: And while I'm here anyway: As to the job salaries and bank account interest, how often is the...program...or whatever you call it, set to pay? I mean, you get a certain amount per 3 days (right?), so do you get the full amount at the termination of that time? Or do you get a fraction of it per day or per hour or something?

At the end of three days you get the money, not a little bit every day or so. As long as you log in at least once during that time period, you should receive the interest the next time you log in. The system isn't perfect, so sometimes it takes a tiny bit longer to appear, but since it's fake money, like goes on. ;)

Any posts you made before you changed the option on your profile won't change. It would just apply to posts made afterwards. If posts that you made after the change did not register the change, then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

There are no or few user-created items in the official Shop. Users are free to start a thread in Crestwood Avenue, but it's usually the admins in power who create (or arrange to have created) the official Shop items.

It was probably Shadowpaw who started that thread - he's the guy who created and originally ran the ToO. :) It's so people don't make five threads for similar products (one for avatars, one for signatures, one for wallpaper, more for other random stuff) when one thread works perfectly well, and that way Crestwood doesn't get cluttered up with the excess threads. If somebody wants a new shop instead of their old one (sometimes this happens when somebody hasn't used their shop for a really long time but then wants to have a shop again) then they can PM a mod or admin or just post in the thread, and the old one will be locked. At that point, a new one can be legitimately created without a fee being paid. The thread will not be deleted - it will simply be locked so that it cannot be used. It will still be viewable to everyone.

I think Thomas Edison was asking smarter people than you are, but good luck with that anyway. ;)
Ok sweet thx!

Perhaps, but I am sure that he asked different people at different times. And a person's smarts can not be measured very well, because what one person is clever in another person may have no knowledge, and what one person is stupid in the other person may be quite clever. So everyone has special skills in one way or another, no? :D

Edit: I see the admins are enjoying fooling with my rank \:D/

Edit II: In the "Guide to ToO" it says you can make money with stocks and bonds stuff, but I have not seen anything in that regard. Can you elaborate on that note?

Edit III (lol): What's up with Work Permits? The custom job titles seem obvious, but what do Work Permits do and how does one use them after buying them?