CBH members...PLEASE READ!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Richard Blackbeard wrote:http://tocm.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Disappointing. It tells me I have an invalid username or password. ](*,)
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Richard Blackbeard wrote:http://tocm.forumotion.net/forum.htm

try it again
I got it, finally.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

thanks for joining, tell your friends. I will add more as we get more members.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Stubborn wrote:Is this a foreshadowing of what will happen here? :shock:

j/k...

But that's too bad that a whole Christian forum had to be closed because of spammers. :(
WE WILL DESCEND INTO THE PITS OF DESPAAAAAIIIIIRRRR. :x
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

well you can join my dgl site that is posted above.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Richard Blackbeard wrote:did you know that another dgl message board exist?
I've heard about that one. It would be cool if there was anything about DGL on it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Josef1004 wrote:
I've heard about that one. It would be cool if there was anything about DGL on it.
That made me smile.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I thought I should go ahead and get the leaders in place.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Jonathan wrote:
Josef1004 wrote:
That made me smile.
Making people smile is my speciality. I go about the virtual countryside spreading joy and cheer.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Richard Blackbeard wrote:I thought I should go ahead and get the leaders in place.
Ah, I understand.

What you might want to do is set up a few temporary leaders--with the understanding that it's temporary--so you can get the rest of the board going while you manage elections.

Or in other words, do both at once. That's what happened here when this site opened and I think it was important to get things going.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'm only a little sad about CBH because it WAS my first message board (I was 12 going on 13...four months later I joined the ToO :) ), but the quality did start going way down. I never noticed the "hurtful spam," most of what I saw was harmless, but I haven't been on there much recently.

To be honest, this is the most (and now I guess ONLY) successful message board I've been on. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it seems like there are some very special ingredients needed to make a message board work, and very careful balance of those ingredients...and I don't think it's easy to get it right.

I'm just thankful that the ToO has. :) Long may it prosper!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The ToO et al. are probably most successful because they have a very active administration and a core interest group which is wide-ranging enough to attract a lot of people, who are mostly in agreement about a lot of factors (although not enough to limit discussion). And even when these people don't have an active interest anymore, they tend to stick around because they've made friends here (and the ToO has grown far beyond just being an AIO discussion board, as is obvious).

It also helps that we have been linked on official sites.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Miss_Sports
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Miss_Sports »

I was on CBH for a couple months untill it closed recently. I found this site while doing a search on something and found the ToO instead! This place looks really cool and it doesn't have as much spam as CBH did. Most of the topics on CBH were either chat threads or mindless "I'm Bored" threads.

Thank you to the ToO moderators and members for keeping this place up! \:D/
Gone...but not forgotten.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

CBH was awesome, I found great friends there...here I'm having a hard time fitting in. I think their only problem was not enough moderators, I really wish I could have been a mod...*sigh* This may sound like bragging but I really believe I could have made a difference.
The good ol' ToO.
Miss_Sports
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Miss_Sports »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:CBH was awesome, I found great friends there...here I'm having a hard time fitting in. I think their only problem was not enough moderators, I really wish I could have been a mod...*sigh* This may sound like bragging but I really believe I could have made a difference.
I made a couple of really close friends there.
Yeah, I honestly think you would have been a good moderator. Guess it's too late for that though, huh. *is sad*
Do you think it will ever re-open again?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Miss_Sports wrote:
thelordismyshepherd wrote:CBH was awesome, I found great friends there...here I'm having a hard time fitting in. I think their only problem was not enough moderators, I really wish I could have been a mod...*sigh* This may sound like bragging but I really believe I could have made a difference.
I made a couple of really close friends there.
Yeah, I honestly think you would have been a good moderator. Guess it's too late for that though, huh. *is sad*
Do you think it will ever re-open again?
Thanks!
I don't know...I sent them a very long e-mail explaining things and telling them how much I love CBH, everyone who wants it to re-open should send them an e-mail! :D
The good ol' ToO.
Miss_Sports
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Miss_Sports »

Oh! That's great! I keep meaning to send them one, but alas, I keep forgetting as well. #-o
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Miss_Sports wrote:Oh! That's great! I keep meaning to send them one, but alas, I keep forgetting as well. #-o
My Mom was going to send them an e-mail...but she keeps forgetting too...:rolleyes:
BTW: That's Rachael in my avie...she's pretty. O:)
The good ol' ToO.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Not that I care much, but I'm not holding my breath ;)