Problems with listening online

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
zmster
Just visiting

Problems with listening online

Post by zmster »

Hi,
Anyone else finding it neigh impossible to listen to the current eps. online? Its seems like a lot of times the link to Today's episode doesn't work. In the past I worked around that by going to Oneplace but apparently Focus has dropped their arrangement there (more cost cutting?) Today for instance (09/13) clicking on Today's ep gets you Thursday's ep instead. That's all that comes up for Friday too. It almost seems like they've buried the "listen" link on the new website as well. I'm not a fan of the redesigned Focus homepage either. I spend a lot of hours online and I still find their sight nearly impossible to navigate successfully. In other words, what would seem like the logical path to something is usually not the correct one. To be fair, Focus isn't alone in this. When Family Life redesigned their site the results were much the same. This is also true of both organizations logo redesigns IMO. I have a little (very little) bit of background in this and it puzzles me how organizations go from logos that were actually created by a designer/artist to ones that are merely done by arranging existing fonts and perhaps adding a tiny bit of today's equivalent of clip art. Ugh! :) Although to be fair Focus' is much better than Family Life's non logo logo. Sorry! My grumbling will end for now,lol.

ps, how did I end up with "why u donat (sic) me monies" by my name?
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

while there is no solution to the part of episodes not being uploaded for listening on time there is an easier way to find the links to listen to episodes, on www.aiowiki.com on the left hand side there is a link for recently aired episodes, click on it and a drop down list of the last week's episodes, just click on the link to listen.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Oh, awesome! Thanks, Reddo, I didn't know about that. That's nice because you can sort them to some extent, you can look at them by age.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

zmster wrote:ps, how did I end up with "why u donat (sic) me monies" by my name?
Blame ek for the terrible grammer. Unfortunately, you're stuck with that. :( You have the option of changing your title to whatever you want, but it costs you $75.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
zmster wrote:ps, how did I end up with "why u donat (sic) me monies" by my name?
Blame ek for the terrible grammer. Unfortunately, you're stuck with that. :( You have the option of changing your title to whatever you want, but it costs you $75.
Your other option is just to wait. ;) You have an automatically given title that is based on the number of posts that you have. As Jellyfish said, you can go to the Shop on the top menu bar, select Odyssey Specialty Shop (it's on the bottom) and pay to choose a new title of your own, but otherwise it will change every now and then as your post count rises. :D
Last edited by Catspaw on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Has everyone seen the How to Listen Online link at WhitsEnd? All the Jimmy Barclay fans out there shouldn't have missed it, considering it's his image on the home page!
How to Listen Online

peace,
-king shasta
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Thanks for sharing the link, shasta! I see they aired A License to Drive yesterday... what a fun episode. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Yeah I actually got to listen to License to Drive while in awful traffic, it was probably the highlight of my day \:D/
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

Trent wrote:Thanks for sharing the link, shasta! I see they aired A License to Drive yesterday... what a fun episode. \:D/
Yeah, thanks for the link! And License to Drive was a great episode. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent wrote:Thanks for sharing the link, shasta! I see they aired A License to Drive yesterday... what a fun episode. \:D/
Yes, Connie and Eugene are especially amusing in that episode! :lol:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Catspaw wrote:
Yes, Connie and Eugene are especially amusing in that episode! :lol:
I will never think of or hear that episode in quite the same way again thanks to two other people. ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
cukesandwalker
Not as new

Post by cukesandwalker »

you can also go straight to the main page on www.whitsend.org and click listen now or something like that, I had a dream about it and I checked and it actually egsisted (sp) :shocking:
Star wars = awsome