What is your favorite Adventures in Odyssey character of all

Vote in the poll!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What is your favorite Adventures in Odyssey character of all time?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 pm

John Avery Whittaker
17%
Connie Kendall/Mitch
6%
Eugene Meltsner/Katrina Shanks
11%
Tom/Agnes Riley
No votes
Wooton Bassett
44%
Bernard Walton/Maude
No votes
Jason Whittaker/Tasha
6%
The Blackgaards
No votes
The Barclay family
11%
The Washington family
6%
The Mulligan family
No votes
The Allens
No votes
Chris
No votes

Total votes: 18

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: TAKE A GOOD LONG HARD LOOK AT MY NAME. THEN THE SAYING UNDER IT!
"I LOVE Richard Maxwell," Oh! You love Richard Maxwell? Well that would make sense. Now I've got it!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

American Eagle wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: TAKE A GOOD LONG HARD LOOK AT MY NAME. THEN THE SAYING UNDER IT!
"I LOVE Richard Maxwell," Oh! You love Richard Maxwell? Well that would make sense. Now I've got it!
Yeah! Some one got it!!!!! NIce job! Yeah, Richard Maxwell... (AKA My father...)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Yeah! Some one got it!!!!! NIce job! Yeah, Richard Maxwell... (AKA My father...)
Your father?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Fav character will be, with this short but precise answer:

TAKE A GOOD LONG HARD LOOK AT MY NAME. THEN THE SAYING UNDER IT!

That's my fav character, won't ever deny it, and wil forever destroy him piece by piece.. until I've killed him every way possible (I haven't gotten so far as to have the state kill him yet. I've gotten to murder though by Stanton Gerrard! That's a plus!)

Plus, I like Lucy... and Wooton and Bernard will always be a favorite... :)

:P
If you love him so much, why do you want to kill him multiple times? :-s
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

underdogfan710 wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Fav character will be, with this short but precise answer:

TAKE A GOOD LONG HARD LOOK AT MY NAME. THEN THE SAYING UNDER IT!

That's my fav character, won't ever deny it, and wil forever destroy him piece by piece.. until I've killed him every way possible (I haven't gotten so far as to have the state kill him yet. I've gotten to murder though by Stanton Gerrard! That's a plus!)

Plus, I like Lucy... and Wooton and Bernard will always be a favorite... :)

:P
If you love him so much, why do you want to kill him multiple times? :-s
I don't know... it's this weird thing that happens in my brain... you really shouldn't read my stories.... they are dangerous! I really have no idea... I'm just.. weird... and stupid. Because he hasn't came back in so long I think he's dead?
King Butter Turtle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Your father?
Where do you think I came up with the name Danielle Abigail Maxwell?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

American Eagle wrote:
Your father?
Hmm, Maxwell Coffee...? That'd be my guess. JK. :D Who doesn't love Richard? No one.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

He's... okay. I guess I'm not a huge Richard Maxwell fan. :anxious:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

American Eagle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Your father?
Hmm, Maxwell Coffee...? That'd be my guess. JK. :D Who doesn't love Richard? No one.
Oh my word... I came up with the name because I am writing a story (long, complicated, nowhere near finished... and I daydream about 3 stories every day... so, yeah...) and Richard has a daughter, and well... that's how Danielle Abigail Maxwell came to be... her and her mother both have very long names now... :)

Not a big RM fan, Amy? That's sad.... he's like, totally AWESOME! But then again, I did used to hate his guts worth than hooey, but that was so long ago, I don't know how long I've drooled over Richard Maxwell....
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Oh my word... I came up with the name because I am writing a story (long, complicated, nowhere near finished... and I daydream about 3 stories every day... so, yeah...) and Richard has a daughter, and well... that's how Danielle Abigail Maxwell came to be... her and her mother both have very long names now... :)
Oh, I always thought that your real first and middle names are Danielle Abigail, so you combined that with your love for Richard. I knew the Maxwell came from your favorite character, but I didn't know about the Danielle Abigail, because I've never read your story. It sounds interesting though, Richard Maxwell as a father... hmm.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I did used to hate his (Richard Maxwell's) guts worth than hooey, but that was so long ago, I don't know
kind of like Tom
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Oh my word... I came up with the name because I am writing a story (long, complicated, nowhere near finished... and I daydream about 3 stories every day... so, yeah...) and Richard has a daughter, and well... that's how Danielle Abigail Maxwell came to be... her and her mother both have very long names now... :)
Oh, I always thought that your real first and middle names are Danielle Abigail, so you combined that with your love for Richard. I knew the Maxwell came from your favorite character, but I didn't know about the Danielle Abigail, because I've never read your story. It sounds interesting though, Richard Maxwell as a father... hmm.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I did used to hate his (Richard Maxwell's) guts worth than hooey, but that was so long ago, I don't know
kind of like Tom
Yeah, kinda like Tom.... but not exact. It took some getting used to in the beginning.... and then Sara caught on!

Hmm... Well, I wish I had done that... but my first name isn't terribly common, and my middle name is Christine. I despise it. My sister comes up with like, every other nickname for it since I don't like it. Like Stina (we all used to think it was Christina that was my middle name. Then mom cleared it up for us), and then she'd called me actual Christine. Now I'm just called Shortstuff, because I'm short, in some sense. I'm taller than my Aunt though, so, well, I'm not so short anymore... 5" 2'. I believe....
You can't imagine how weird it is to be considered the daughter of Richard Maxwelll... (I'm still getting creepy e-mails... but don't worry, I set them straight!) Though, I do like the name, and I deliberately wanted to have the initials say some word that when you say it, it sounds like a bad word, but when you actually read it with your eyes, it's instead the other meaning. Like that dam tour I took once... the guide was instructed to say dam... a lot. It made everyone laugh. Homophones... ah!

:)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Though, I do like the name, and I deliberately wanted to have the initials say some word that when you say it, it sounds like a bad word, but when you actually read it with your eyes, it's instead the other meaning. Like that dam tour I took once... the guide was instructed to say dam... a lot. It made everyone laugh. Homophones... ah!

haha, funny story:

My mom doesn't really like the ToO, 'cause she thinks everyone you meet online is a murderer or something, anyway one time she looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing and she saw a political signiture that said DAM and she was like, "WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT, I THOUGHT THIS WAS CHRISTIAN!" I tried to explain, but she still didn't quite believe me.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Though, I do like the name, and I deliberately wanted to have the initials say some word that when you say it, it sounds like a bad word, but when you actually read it with your eyes, it's instead the other meaning. Like that dam tour I took once... the guide was instructed to say dam... a lot. It made everyone laugh. Homophones... ah!

haha, funny story:

My mom doesn't really like the ToO, 'cause she thinks everyone you meet online is a murderer or something, anyway one time she looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing and she saw a political signiture that said DAM and she was like, "WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT, I THOUGHT THIS WAS CHRISTIAN!" I tried to explain, but she still didn't quite believe me.
Ha-ha! Did you tell her that I came up with it? *waits for the police to come in and arrest her because they got a call from KBT's mom*
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Amethystic wrote:

haha, funny story:

Ha-ha! Did you tell her that I came up with it? *waits for the police to come in and arrest her because they got a call from KBT's mom*
No, a name wouldn't mean anything to her.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I believe that the most desirable character in the whole plethora (646 and slowly counting) of episodes made available for broadcast is definitely and without the shadow of a doubt (to borrow the colloquialism) Eugene Melstner, son of Leonard, son of Hiram. The jovial and rather rotund gentleman who delivers my mail is also a very pleasant fellow: Wooton Bassett.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I'd have to say my favorite character is Whit, because he's my father-in-law.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

My favorite is Jimmy Barclay. I am a "Barclay Junkie" \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:My favorite is Jimmy Barclay. I am a "Barclay Junkie" \:D/
That is not expected behavior for a person named after Jimmy's sister! Jimmy and Donna Barclay fought all the time in the shows.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:
Donna Blackbeard wrote:My favorite is Jimmy Barclay. I am a "Barclay Junkie" \:D/
That is not expected behavior for a person named after Jimmy's sister! Jimmy and Donna Barclay fought all the time in the shows.
Which is proof that she was nuts about him. Brothers and sisters fight because they love each other and don't want to admit it.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:Which is proof that she was nuts about him. Brothers and sisters fight because they love each other and don't want to admit it.
Could you be anymore right? Probably not. \:D/

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

American Eagle wrote:
Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:Which is proof that she was nuts about him. Brothers and sisters fight because they love each other and don't want to admit it.
Could you be anymore right? Probably not. \:D/
I love my siblings, but that's not why I fight with them. The old saying goes "Familiarity breeds contempt." If you are around someone a lot, then you get tired of being around them and the smallest thing can annoy you.