Sick of the political season yet?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Yes- Just leave me alone!
41%
Kind of - we all knew it was coming.
28%
No- I find it interesting
28%
No- other reasons
3%

Total votes: 29

Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Yes I know that the political season is now officially up and running, but hasn't it been for awhile? I have had it up to here :arrow: :!!!: I'm innocently watching tv when BAM I get hit with three different comercials in a row, one after another! And I know it will only get worse.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I get sick of politics quite easily. Leave me alone, people! If you're all evil antichrist hypocritical bad dipwads then it won't matter who gets to be president! :x
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

There's no option for yes, but it's kind of interesting. Right now it's not so bad, but once the state level campaigns get into full bloom, than I'll be annoyed. Also (not that I can vote yet) the huge campaigns sort of make me not like those candidates. Do I really want some one to be my president who spends millions and millions of dollars on TV commercials and let's the starving children of Africa die just so he can be the most powerfull person in the world? They kind of make me lean toward third party candidates, but I really don't have much of a political opinion as I'm very uneducated on the topic simply because I'm not old enough to vote.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have wholeheartedly loved every election since 1984 when I saw Reagan during his cross-country train tour! \:D/ Of course, it took me a while to REALLY get into it but I was 100% obsessed with it by the 1996 election. Ah, how I miss Bob Dole. :mecry:

So... the answer is no, no, NO! :x I LOVE "political season". \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Sick of it.

It's kind of disappointing 'cause it's the first presidental election I'll be able to vote in, and while I'll be voting for Johnny Mcmightneedacane, I wish I could be more excited about the whole process.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Woohoo it's my third election being able to vote! \:D/

At the county fair a friend of mine won a cane at the ringtoss and gave it to me and I named it Mc so it's McCane! \:D/
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

OMWORD Yes!!!! I'm soooo sick of all these "McCain did this...." And "Obama Did that..." Things..... :mad: :insane: [/end rant]
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Sick of stupid campaign ads and the way the media spins everything? Yes.

Sick of the political season? No way! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Nope! \:D/ I watched the DNC last night and totally enjoyed it. :D

I agree with you though J-man.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

No, I'm not really sick of it I'm just not really looking forward to the election and seeing who wins.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I'm just particularly sick of conspiracy theories. Anymore, getting into any type of political conversation, that ends up being the topic, and it is just Bash-Obama time.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

A. Paw wrote:I'm just particularly sick of conspiracy theories. Anymore, getting into any type of political conversation, that ends up being the topic, and it is just Bash-Obama time.
Yes, because you can't insult the messiah. \:D/

People I know either love him or hate him... There's not really an inbetween here. They either worship him or can't stand the thought of him.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

It's sacrilege :x.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

And.... Blasphemy!!!! :x
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

With toasted almonds :x.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

It appears that by this point I'm in a more or less permanent state of being sick of the political season. No, random TV commercial, if I could vote it would be based off of my own research regarding candidate motives rather than random TV commercial rhetoric.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

MJ wrote:Nope! \:D/ I watched the DNC last night and totally enjoyed it. :D
I totally enjoyed it, too! \:D/ Michelle Obama was hilarious to make fun of the entire time she was speaking! And the random shots of goofy looking people in the crowd made it even better! \:D/
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Continental Admiral wrote:
A. Paw wrote:I'm just particularly sick of conspiracy theories. Anymore, getting into any type of political conversation, that ends up being the topic, and it is just Bash-Obama time.

People I know either love him or hate him... There's not really an inbetween here. They either worship him or can't stand the thought of him.
I know quite a few in-betweens, but my circle of friends is the exception to many rules. That said, you can be tired of the hype and still disgusted by the stupid conspiracy theories. Given my line of work (I work for a Republican officeholder), people forward all manner of things to the office email account. Every day, I "learn" that Obama is a Muslim terrorist, that he raised most of his money overseas, that he wasn't actually born in the United States, that he's fronting for some Jewish conspiracy, that he's a secret Communist, and so on and so forth. You don't need to have any intention of voting for the guy to find the lies about him despicable.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Sonuna wrote:It appears that by this point I'm in a more or less permanent state of being sick of the political season. No, random TV commercial, if I could vote it would be based off of my own research regarding candidate motives rather than random TV commercial rhetoric.
ditto I understand product ads, they've done studies and subcontiously it really does make you more likely to buy that product, but are cheesy commercials really going to make you vote for somebody? Is it like the NovaBox, subliminal messages persuade people to vote for a candidate?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Clodius Albinus wrote:
Continental Admiral wrote:

I know quite a few in-betweens, but my circle of friends is the exception to many rules. That said, you can be tired of the hype and still disgusted by the stupid conspiracy theories. Given my line of work (I work for a Republican officeholder), people forward all manner of things to the office email account. Every day, I "learn" that Obama is a Muslim terrorist, that he raised most of his money overseas, that he wasn't actually born in the United States, that he's fronting for some Jewish conspiracy, that he's a secret Communist, and so on and so forth. You don't need to have any intention of voting for the guy to find the lies about him despicable.
The lies are despicable.... Not only on the front that - obviously - they're lies, but especially when people I know (who are obvious Republicans) actually believe (not bothering to look into the facts) the lies and continue to spread them. It makes conservatives look bad. But on a personal level, it's just annoying to hear numerous people believe just about anything they're told in a forward e-mail. :noway:

But like I said, everyone I know either adores him or hates him. I've yet to meet someone in between. But I know you, Clodius, hang out with odd friends. ;)