Should Katrina have a baby?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Yes!
84%
No!
16%

Total votes: 19

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera

Post by Peachey Keen »

Do you guys think Katrina should have a baby?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

That would be cool, but would it mean another Eugene?? That would not be cool!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Jellyfish11 wrote:That would be cool, but would it mean another Eugene?? That would not be cool!
Well, what if it's a girl? lol.

I'd love for them to have a baby! It would be awesome!

<3<3<3
BBB
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I personally like them to have a girl. :D
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

No I wouldn't enjoy it if Katrina had a baby.....for now.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Katrina should have a baby... OCTOPUS!!!! \:D/
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

She should have a baby named Curtis.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

FlyGirl wrote:She should have a baby named Curtis.
Oh, cool... I love the name... AWESOME!
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
FlyGirl wrote:She should have a baby named Curtis.
Oh, cool... I love the name... AWESOME!
Thank you....if only a certain writer would like my idea.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Curtis is my baby brothers name! :lol:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

This thread already existed, but I'll post my opinion again...

I would love to have Eugene have a kid, he's ready for it, his role in Odyssey is minimal now, not that he isn't in many episodes, but that he really doesn't work at Whit's End anymore and he's not attending college so all he's really involved in is Hand Up. I think it's time for Eugene to have a child, he would be a great father. Connie's relationship with the baby would be cool too, I can see her kind of becoming an aunt figure.

Katrina however is not ready to have a baby. When they switched actresses for Katrina they let her persanality slip. She's totally different now, she's just not herself. Listen to Truth, Trivia and Trina and A Book by it's Cover and then listen to Back To Abnormal and For Better or Worse and you'll know what I'm talking about. She's hardly the same character and I think that Eugene's child deserves the old dorky college student that work's at Holstein's Books for a mother. The new Katrina only appears when it's extremely necessary for Eugene's wife to be portrayed, she hardly ever is in Whit's End or is just walking with Eugene. If she's a mother she will have to be in more episodes and gain her old personality back. I would hate it if they let them have a child and then had sort of a single parent situation where Katrina's exitence is mentioned but it's always just Eugene as his father in the episodes. So Katrina needs to have her old character back before she is ready to be the mother of Eugene's child.

As for the gender and name, I'd like it to be a boy, maybe Ethan.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I actually would like for the two to have a baby. I think it should be a boy. I feel like writers recently have typically made babies to be girls so as to avoid raising a baby that's a smaller character of someone else. I think that it would be great to see Eugene learn the various lessons surrounding fatherhood. I could see him overreacting over very minor problems which would be very comical to hear.

So, please. If there's a baby. Let it be a boy. Quit doing what every other writer does. If anyone who has any input in the matter, that is...
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

GlennAdams wrote:I actually would like for the two to have a baby. I think it should be a boy. I feel like writers recently have typically made babies to be girls so as to avoid raising a baby that's a smaller character of someone else. I think that it would be great to see Eugene learn the various lessons surrounding fatherhood. I could see him overreacting over very minor problems which would be very comical to hear.

So, please. If there's a baby. Let it be a boy. Quit doing what every other writer does. If anyone who has any input in the matter, that is...
Like who? The only major baby was Stewart (a boy).
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I think they should have twins! Boy and girl! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Monday wrote:I think they should have twins! Boy and girl! \:D/
That would be very interesting. The odds of having twins is 3 in 100 and the last twins in Odyssey were about 12 in 1997 so we're definetley due for some.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

It definitely should be a boy. His name should be Hubert.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

There are several good ideas that you guys have posted in here. I like the idea of Katrina becoming more involved in Odyssey before I child is brought into the mix. I miss her working at Holstein's books. Of course I miss Frederic Holstein too but I agree that we should hear more from Katrina getting more involved in Odyssey with something besides hand up.

I think that something that would really spice up the series would be if Katrina died in labor. That would be sad but if Katrina has changed as much as she has then maybe it would be good. This would bring something into the mix that we haven't heard about in a while.

I'm surprised that you guys are already picking out names. Hubert is a funny one (please refer to "Eugene's Dilemma"). Ethan is a good one but too popular right now. And Curtis (yuck!) I just don't like that name very much. For me if I were to pick a name I would want something that is more traditional and a name that is already in the family like Hiram or Armitage. If it were a girl perhaps Thelma or Mildred. Of course the Odyssey team would probably write it otherwise and come up with some ingenius name that has to do with what the feeling is in Odyssey is right now. Kind of like when Thelma was pregnant with Eugene how she chose Eugene and knew the meaning "well born".

But finally this is my personal opinion. I don't think there should be a baby. One of the things that I have noticed about Odyssey is that we start a new story arc and then don't hear about it for a while. For instance when was the last time we heard from B-TV? I just checked (October 6, 2007) so what has the B-TV studio been gathering dust? Has the studio burned down? Well if we were to go into the Eugene baby story arc then this wouldn't be something that I would want to hear about once every five years. It would have to be something that is continual so that we don't go thinking that baby Meltsner has crawled off into a ditch somewhere.

So that is my opinion. Sorry it was so long.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I think they should have twins! Boy and girl! \:D/
I totally agree! It would also be interesting if one of them was, say, more athletically gifted than ingellegently for some reason. It would just be interesting.

And who dares to say that Katrina should die?! I like Katrina!!!
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Amethystic wrote:And who dares to say that Katrina should die?! I like Katrina!!!
Don't kill Katrina!!!!!!!

Please don't!

<3<3<3
BBB
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

amyinodyssey wrote:I think that something that would really spice up the series would be if Katrina died in labor. That would be sad but if Katrina has changed as much as she has then maybe it would be good. This would bring something into the mix that we haven't heard about in a while.
No way! That would do nothing good for the series, Eugene as a single parent? If they do have a baby it would have to all be very happy, a time for us die-hards to look back at Adventures in Odyssey and those first episodes with Eugene and see how he's grown. If they threw that in there than it would turn into a dark depressing storyline and that would be no fun. (not that I'm against anything depressing, AIO doesn't all need to be happy, but not something as monumental as this) That would be like if Connie finally got married and there was a mass murder at the reception and Connie, Whit and Jack died. It would just be horrible.
amyinodyssey wrote:I'm surprised that you guys are already picking out names. Hubert is a funny one (please refer to "Eugene's Dilemma"). Ethan is a good one but too popular right now. And Curtis (yuck!) I just don't like that name very much. For me if I were to pick a name I would want something that is more traditional and a name that is already in the family like Hiram or Armitage. If it were a girl perhaps Thelma or Mildred. Of course the Odyssey team would probably write it otherwise and come up with some ingenius name that has to do with what the feeling is in Odyssey is right now. Kind of like when Thelma was pregnant with Eugene how she chose Eugene and knew the meaning "well born".
I just want it to be a name new to Odyssey. Also Eugene is often called Hubert, not just in Eugene's Dilema. It's a frequintly used joke that's nice for continuity.
amyinodyssey wrote:But finally this is my personal opinion. I don't think there should be a baby. One of the things that I have noticed about Odyssey is that we start a new story arc and then don't hear about it for a while. For instance when was the last time we heard from B-TV? I just checked (October 6, 2007) so what has the B-TV studio been gathering dust? Has the studio burned down? Well if we were to go into the Eugene baby story arc then this wouldn't be something that I would want to hear about once every five years. It would have to be something that is continual so that we don't go thinking that baby Meltsner has crawled off into a ditch somewhere.
B-TV is not a story arc, it's an episode type, just like KYDS radio or Candid Conversations or the coyotes or the twilife zone or the imagination station or the room of consequences. It's not a continuing story, it's just a periodically heard from TV show. Just because there hasn't been an AIO episode in a while doesn't mean there hasn't been a B-TV in a while, we don't hear everything that happens in Odyssey. Also it's not used very often, in 13 years of B-TV, we've only heard ten episodes so I don't see why you're so surprised. And the Meltsners' baby would be a story arc when she was pregnant and when she gave birth, that the baby would just be a character, when the kid is ten and hanging around Whit's End, that's not going to be part of a story arc.

However I do agree that they would have to keep the story arc going, the writers know that it would drive us all completley nuts if they said that whe was pregnant and then just kind of left it there untill the next season.
Amethystic wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:I think they should have twins! Boy an Girl! \:D/
Monday said that.