Who's Excited about American Idol???

Just wait till January.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Or fifty and older. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Because he reminds them of their grandkids. :noway:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Jellyfish11 wrote:Amarican Idol is SINFULL!!!
And what Bible do you have that backs up this claim? :anxious:

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I enjoy watching the last couple of shows each season.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

The Top Crusader wrote:Because he reminds them of their grandkids. :noway:
:-s
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Anyway, why is Clay Aiken such a weirdo? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360041,00.html
Well, we all know TMZ is a reputable source, so I guess the story must be true! :yes:
And yeah it still remains to be true. :noway:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I say Skandar Keyenes should have won! =D>
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

The Top Crusader wrote:I would be willing to wager most of his support was from those 15 and under. :noway:
hey! i'm 16 :x
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I love American idol. Only slightly obsessed not in a bad way where that’s all I talk about or I watch it 500 times. But I do LOVE David A. and I was so mad when he lost! I also felt sorry for him b/c he lost by so much! I totally thought he would win!

*combining double post caused by thread merge*
DrummerChick wrote:I think that Archie should have won. I liked his voice much more then Cook's. So in my opinoin yes Archie should have won.I think that Archie will have a record deal in less then two months most likely.
I compleastly agree!! I was so mad!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

fatlooy wrote:I love American idol. Only slightly obsessed not in a bad way where that’s all I talk about or I watch it 500 times. But I do LOVE David A. and I was so mad when he lost! I also felt sorry for him b/c he lost by so much! I totally thought he would win!
You're awesome! :hug:

Oh, and I believed the voting was rigged. I don't believe he lost at all.
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

What really bugged me is how Simon later "apologized" for thinking that Archie was better because he apparently watched it later and was shocked because Cook sounded SO much better than what he thought. Sounds like he was just trying to get out of praising the "wrong" person. :noway:

But yeah anyway when we watched the finals we totally thought Archie was going to win but I also thought that Cook was a neat guy, Archie just had a clearer tone I think. But that's just my personal opinion. O:)
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

Why is Jason Castro not on this poll?! :noway:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

rachyWhoo wrote:Why is Jason Castro not on this poll?! :noway:
That was freaky. As I read this post, my sister and I were listening to him sing. Both my sisters are obsessed with him. They think he's so cute. I guess he's okay. His eyes are like WOW though.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I don't watch American Idol, so I probably wouldn't have even heard about the Davids if it weren't for a few of my friends I visited when it was down to three people. They were sure that David Archuleta was a shoe-in, and, since they generally have good instincts, I assumed he would. If I'd voted it probably would've been for him... though I haven't heard enough of David Cook to know for sure.
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

OverTheRainbow wrote:
fatlooy wrote:I love American idol. Only slightly obsessed not in a bad way where that’s all I talk about or I watch it 500 times. But I do LOVE David A. and I was so mad when he lost! I also felt sorry for him b/c he lost by so much! I totally thought he would win!

Thanks you to!

I totally agree! Him loosing (at all) but especially by that much just does not make sense!!!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

fatlooy wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:

Thanks you to!

I totally agree! Him loosing (at all) but especially by that much just does not make sense!!!
I know! And isn't it odd that they did that story about his DA's Dad right before the finale? Something fishy is going on!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

OverTheRainbow wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Well, Cook had a 12 million vote lead, so I think that makes things pretty clear.

Anyway, why is Clay Aiken such a weirdo? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360041,00.html
I don't believe the votes were right. It had to have been rigged. I find it hard to believe that a young humble, sweet boy with such a pure voice could lose to Cook.

Besides, Archuleta is cuter! \:D/

I believe it was all set up for Cook to win, even if the votes were in favor of Archuleta. But that is just my theory.
Meh, David Cook won because his voice didn't sound like something off of Kidz Bop 29.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

ek wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Well, Cook had a 12 million vote lead, so I think that makes things pretty clear.

Anyway, why is Clay Aiken such a weirdo? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360041,00.html
I don't believe the votes were right. It had to have been rigged. I find it hard to believe that a young humble, sweet boy with such a pure voice could lose to Cook.

Besides, Archuleta is cuter! \:D/

I believe it was all set up for Cook to win, even if the votes were in favor of Archuleta. But that is just my theory.
Meh, David Cook won because his voice didn't sound like something off of Kidz Bop 29.
me agrees completely. *nods* Even though it seems that all my peers are head over heels with Archie, I was the outcast for not thinking he was a god. :(
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I was watching some talk show and they were talking about how he punched a guy because he asked if he had a name for it yet.... o_O;

Anyway back to the topic at hand...
the real problem with archie was...his singing voice is so stereotypical teen pop...and then only real fanbase he had was teenage girls (which is probably a large percent of american idols viewers). Also the cuteness factor you people talk about....that just goes to show how much real appreciation you have for music...you don't have to be cute to make good music...American Idol has become a beauty contest as much as it is a singing contest. I mean take slash for instance, he doesn't have that "darling face" but dude, he's slash! Musical Ability should always beat out Beauty on American Idol but in Archuletas case it doesn't. His singing is quite terrible compared to some others in that competition.

David Cook deserved to win, if he didn't win it would've been another Chris Daughtry situation where he obviously sold more albums than the winner...and he'll definitely go on to sell more albums than "archie". Archuleta is just way too gimmicky- it seems like he should be doing tours with Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

ek wrote:

I was watching some talk show and they were talking about how he punched a guy because he asked if he had a name for it yet.... o_O;

Anyway back to the topic at hand...
the real problem with archie was...his singing voice is so stereotypical teen pop...and then only real fanbase he had was teenage girls (which is probably a large percent of american idols viewers). Also the cuteness factor you people talk about....that just goes to show how much real appreciation you have for music...you don't have to be cute to make good music...American Idol has become a beauty contest as much as it is a singing contest. I mean take slash for instance, he doesn't have that "darling face" but dude, he's slash! Musical Ability should always beat out Beauty on American Idol but in Archuletas case it doesn't. His singing is quite terrible compared to some others in that competition.

David Cook deserved to win, if he didn't win it would've been another Chris Daughtry situation where he obviously sold more albums than the winner...and he'll definitely go on to sell more albums than "archie". Archuleta is just way too gimmicky- it seems like he should be doing tours with Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers.
I never judge people on looks. I always choose whoever sings better. Some people on American Idol (Whose names I will not mention) may not look as "attractive" as others, but they had the better singing voice. Thus, I voted for them, overlooking thier looks. I fell in love with David Archuleta's voice, not his looks, that's why I supported him.

Besides, he can't help it if he has a darling face and a sweet little smile. \:D/
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

As far as my two cents flys I'm for Cook. Granted I originally wanted David H or Ramielle to win but seeing as they were both unfairly kicked off (note thats just my opinion about them being kicked off). So when it came down to D2 I picked cooked because he sounded a whole lot better then Archie. Not to mention Archie kept doing the same kind of songs over and over and over got quite annoying quite fast.

Lord Sesshoumaru