Josh Groban

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Rio
Animatronic

Josh Groban

Post by Rio »

Today I became addicted to Josh Groban! My brother is like "ewew like ew" which shows his immaturity... :roll:
BUT anyway, any suggestions on any good songs he sings??
I have "You Raised Me Up, Remember when it rained, When you say you love me, Oceano", and a few others I bought off iTunes that I cant remember right now.

Ps. I found out about him from Christina's sig she had a while back. \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I like him too, he has a really nice voice. As for some suggestions, the ones I like the most are ones that you've listed. Of course, if you listen to Christmas music year around, he does sing Oh Holy Night really well. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm not really a fan but he was in a really funny video Jimmy Kimmel made about Ben Affleck.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

However, since that wasn't the most family friendly moment of his career, we will perhaps leave that out of our discussion, Top. ;)

I really like Josh Groban! I have two of his CD's and I can listen over and over again! His voice is quite lovely.
mike_rowe
I've been here a bit

Post by mike_rowe »

rio is blasting josh grobans you are loved in my ear right now!

ow my ear hurts now, im gong to lay down! :explode:
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Oh yay sure mike... I wasnt the one who put it on repeat. :x

I will deff have to get the christmas album soon, sounds beautiful!

TOP! :shock:

:shame:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Harrison Ford, too! \:D/
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

yeah, I saw that too. Hey at least it was bleeped out(at least the version I saw). :anxious:

ANYWAY.... back to the awesomeness of Josh, I bought more songs and I love them SOO much<3

Has anyone been to one of his concerts before? I am waiting till he comes to Denver or somewhere close to me..... Rapid City, SD isn't a huge celebrity hotspot you know. :noway:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Ironic that I was listening to Josh as I read the post. It's my homework music. Also ironic that I was not doing homework as I read the post...

Anyway, I don't talk about how much I love Josh Groban, I talk about how much he loves me. I can hear it in his voice. He's singing for me.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Rio wrote:Today I became addicted to Josh Groban! My brother is like "ewew like ew" which shows his immaturity... :roll:
BUT anyway, any suggestions on any good songs he sings??
I have "You Raised Me Up, Remember when it rained, When you say you love me, Oceano", and a few others I bought off iTunes that I cant remember right now.

Ps. I found out about him from Christina's sig she had a while back. \:D/
YAY! I feel like I have accomplished my mission in life to convert someone to a Grobanite! \:D/

I can die in peace.

Needless to say, I am in love with Josh Groban. :inlove:

I have almost all of his songs.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Awesome, another Grobanite! :highfive:
After seeing your sig and avvie set, I just had to go and find more about this Josh and now I too have fallen in love with him and his voice... oh and of course his beautiful eyes when they smile. :inlove:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

This reminds me!!

I am currently staying with my aunt and uncle, so I've been going to their church and also singing in the choir there.

This last Sunday, we sang You Raise Me Up!

It was quite awesome.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

This may be awfully passe, but I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Groban twice. The first was purely by accident before he became more or less famous, and the second time was a few years later. For a musical celebrity he is a surprisingly down-to-earth person and we had a short chat about piano playing.

I particularily enjoy his renditions of "Alla Luce del Sole" and "Cinema Paradisio." :)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:This may be awfully passe, but I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Groban twice. The first was purely by accident before he became more or less famous, and the second time was a few years later. For a musical celebrity he is a surprisingly down-to-earth person and we had a short chat about piano playing.

I particularily enjoy his renditions of "Alla Luce del Sole" and "Cinema Paradisio." :)
That's so cool! \:D/

He is one of the few famous people I would actually like to meet. I'm not big on fawning all over celebrities (which may seem to contradict a few things I've said :p ) But I would like to meet him.

And I promise I wouldn't go all fan-girl on him :noway:
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Wow sherlock! Really neat!
Hearing him sing in Italian really helps and improves my understanding of Italian. I can roughly translate some of what he sings in Italian.