Characters

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Shadowfax

Characters

Post by Shadowfax »

When listening to Adventures in Odyssey, do you ever imagine them as real-life characters, or...cartoon characters? Or do you not imagine them at all?
I usually imagine them as real-life characters.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I honestly wish I hadn't ever seen the cartoon drawings of them because when I first started listening, I pictured them as real people...most with different images than how they're portrayed on the album covers. Now it's often more cartoon-like, though sometimes (especially if it's among the first episodes I heard) I will still occasionally see them as real people.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

With the exception of the split episodes--which, as far as I'm concerned, really aren't canon--I see them as real-life.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Real life, with Whit based on the Bruce Day illustrations.. \:D/
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

i see them as Cartoon thats mainly because the videos and the album art
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

If I imagine them at all, they are real life. That's why I don't put much stock in the discussion of Connie's green sweater, because I imagine her in multiple outfits per program, sort of, because sometimes I don't see an image in my head, just a general idea of the activity.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Even though if I'm reading a book I imagine the characters as real people, I have pictured all audio characters as cartoons for as long as I can remember (and I've been listening to AIO for about 8 years of my 13 year life) I think this is because:

1. that's how they are shown on the covers

2. I always imagine characters in books as movie stars, so if I used the same method on AIO the voices wouldn't match the actors

3. some of the characters are just to weird and goofy to be anything else, though I do tweak the cartoons a bit in my mind if I don't like the original ones.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Most of the time real life, I guess. :-k
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Cartoons...but sometimes real life. Or I'm accidentally calling the characters by the actors name...I do that a lot!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

:bouncy: I imagine them real life! However, only a few characters have an actual face and hair color, the rest are just average poeple. ;) Although, I do have to say, I really don't care for the videos and album art work. :noway:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

You know, come to think of it, sometimes I imagine the characters in manga for a second.(but only if the're showing really strong emotions)
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I always imagine them in real life, since I don't watch the movies or see a lot of the cartoon versions, I don't know how everybody is 'supposed' to look like in the cartoon versions.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

snubs wrote::bouncy: I imagine them real life! However, only a few characters have an actual face and hair color, the rest are just average poeple. ;) Although, I do have to say, I really don't care for the videos and album art work. :noway:
Thank you! I've never really liked the cartoon artwork, either. I would prefer more realistic drawings, since I think they're real people.

The reason I see the characters as real people (I think) is because I grew up without a TV and without watching a lot of cartoons, so in my life real voices were always attached to real people. So, listening to the radio, I heard real voices and attached them to real faces in my mind.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

how do u see them as real people
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Mable wrote:

snubs wrote:
I imagine them real life! However, only a few characters have an actual face and hair color, the rest are just average poeple. Although, I do have to say, I really don't care for the videos and album art work.

Thank you! I've never really liked the cartoon artwork, either. I would prefer more realistic drawings, since I think they're real people.

The reason I see the characters as real people (I think) is because I grew up without a TV and without watching a lot of cartoons, so in my life real voices were always attached to real people. So, listening to the radio, I heard real voices and attached them to real faces in my mind.
I LOVE the artwork! How can you imagine the characters as real people?! And those realistic drawings that are sketched for book covers, they remind me of the eighties!(And the eighties is my least favorite time period of this century!)