Chris Anthony's Debut!

What do you think about Chris playing a part in an AIO episode as herself?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What do you think about our favorite host Chris, on AIO playing a part in an AIO episode as herself?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Great idea!
24%
Good idea!
20%
Pretty good idea
20%
Bad idea
36%

Total votes: 25

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Chris Anthony's Debut!

Post by snubs »

Tell me what you think about our favorite host Chris on AIO being in an episode as herself? :idea:

It would be so hilarious! :hilarious: They could make her follow people around as she narrates the episode. I can hear Connie now, "Why is that strange woman following us?" :-s And I'm sure you get the idea. :lolsign: I mean, I've heard episodes when Chris is supposedly in the room with the characters as she expains a particular scene..... Well, just think how funny it would be if the other characters could actually see and talk to her. \:D/ It would be like an accolade created for the soul purpose of honoring Chris Anthony and the many years she has been with AIO. =D> :yes:

Give me your thoughts, and ideas on how you think the episode should play out. :bouncy:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

No way!

Chris looks on the show with an omniscent point of view, meaning she is all-knowing of character's thoughts, opinions and locations. She just couldn't be a regular character. I see what your thinking and it would be very funny, but it just wouldn't work.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Well since this si a milestone season it would be cool to have her come in Whits end and be treated like a normal character
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Chris looks on the show with an omniscent point of view, meaning she is all-knowing of character's thoughts, opinions and locations. She just couldn't be a regular character. I see what your thinking and it would be very funny, but it just wouldn't work.
I agree.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Remember when she used to do the wrap-around skits? She "lived" in Odyssey, even while narrarating. It would be interesting to see a wrap-around skit that meshed with the story itself. Not that she narrarates while interacting with the characters, but it she were to interact it would be interesting. Hmmm.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It could be amusing but I don't see it really working... :anxious:

But I am a biased hatemonger so what do I know!? \:D/
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

She's already Maude, Bernard Walton's wife.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Samitude wrote:She's already Maude, Bernard Walton's wife.
I knew it!
That's the best I've heard all day.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Florenceann wrote:Remember when she used to do the wrap-around skits? She "lived" in Odyssey, even while narrarating. It would be interesting to see a wrap-around skit that meshed with the story itself. Not that she narrarates while interacting with the characters, but it she were to interact it would be interesting. Hmmm.
That would work better than if she was narrating and interacting, but it would lose the humer and there would be no point.

It doesn't matter that she played Maude though. Actors can play more than one character. She also plays; Emma Darling, Miss Grayson, Madge (from Gifts for Madge and Guy), Rachel McCalister, Mrs. Randolph, Mrs. Rush, and Queen Vashti. That's not a problem.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:No way!

I see what you'er saying, :yes: but i still think she needs her own episode. I mean, it doesn't have to be an episode that fits in with the others, it can be just a fun, hilarious, :lol: episode to do, that's all. ;)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Like I Slap Floor?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Like I Slap Floor?

Exactly! :D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think that having Chris as an actual character is a great idea!
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

Maybe in like the last ep or something. It would have to be sorta a joke, because I couldn't see her becoming a regular character.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Chris would make a great character in the show.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Just for one special episode, it would be AWESOME!!! :cheerleader:

It would be even funnier since Chris knows all about everybody!

Grady's Dad says "What do you know about me?"
Chris says "I know everything about you..."

Hehe! It would be like a mystery, everyone trying to figure out who this person is! \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:Just for one special episode, it would be AWESOME!!! :cheerleader:

It would be even funnier since Chris knows all about everybody!

Grady's Dad says "What do you know about me?"
Chris says "I know everything about you..."

Hehe! It would be like a mystery, everyone trying to figure out who this person is! \:D/
Looking at it that way, it sounds like a neat idea. Maybe it could be a bonus episode, since it wouldn't exactly work with a season. :p