Hilary, 08'

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Lord_Kappaw wrote:I think this topic should be restarted with a fresh slate in CCDS if someone feels that we should debate over it. :-k

Right now it just looks like an extremely off topic... topic, with a lot of usually serious people having a bit of fun. :D

Fun?

Surely you must be mistaken. I refuse to engage in such plebian, recreational activities. Why, when misery and sullen egotism is so much more intellectually satisfying? ;)

Lord_Kappaw wrote:Sherlock Holmes, I don't believe a word you said...{}

You're right, I was way off base with my assertion that an AH-64 Apache was flying overhead. Further inspection shows that it was a UH-60 Black Hawk. The olive matt finish threw me off.

Edit: I just learned of this undercover forum known as the "Campbell College Debate Society". This is a pleasant suprise.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Fun?

Surely you must be mistaken. I refuse to engage in such plebian, recreational activities. Why, when misery and sullen egotism is so much more intellectually satisfying?...
Sing with me everyeone:

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you!

Awww. :console:
You're right, I was way off base with my assertion that an AH-64 Apache was flying overhead. Further inspection shows that it was a UH-60 Black Hawk. The olive matt finish threw me off.
YOU... You didn't identify it by the sound of the engine alone!? Preposterous! :noway:
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Zedekiah wrote:The Clintons had their share of scandals, but they had to do with hiring practices, land deals, billing practices, pardons and interns -- not murder. (Incidentally, I'm not saying that all of those alleged scandals mentioned were actually true. However, I think a reasonable person could consider them to all be more or less accurate. The "body count" lists, on the other hand, are a paranoid smear.)
I didn't say anything about a body count. I said not to write off the idea as a quote-unquote 'conspiracy theory'.

as to paranoid smear, I don't believe anyone here is paranoid.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Edit: I just learned of this undercover forum known as the "Campbell College Debate Society". This is a pleasant suprise.
:badgrin:
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Doctorpaw wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Edit: I just learned of this undercover forum known as the "Campbell College Debate Society". This is a pleasant suprise.

His name is usually Doctor Watson... and he's your partner in all of your mysteries... but he's giving you a "bad grin"... be afraid... be very afraid. :-s
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Lord_Kappaw wrote:
Doctorpaw wrote:

His name is usually Doctor Watson... and he's your partner in all of your mysteries... but he's giving you a "bad grin"... be afraid... be very afraid. :-s

*Chuckles* I have met the infamous Dr. Watson. Fortunately, the Town of Odyssey isn't the message board version of the parody film, "Without A Clue" (wherein Dr. Watson was portrayed as the brilliant mastermind behind the partnership and Sherlock Holmes was a miserable pawn in his grand scheme).

As for the Black Hawk identification, you have to excuse my ignorance. I relied upon my myopia rather than my auditory faculties - I regret the decision. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Lord_Kappaw wrote:Sherlock Holmes, I don't believe a word you said about only mimiking intelligence. You cannot have a pig mimic a computer with any level of success, only a computer can appear to be a computer. :D
Actual terminology aside, Sherlock Holmes, Lord_Kappa makes a most excellent suggestion. :)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Chandypaw wrote:
Lord_Kappaw wrote:Sherlock Holmes, I don't believe a word you said about only mimiking intelligence. You cannot have a pig mimic a computer with any level of success, only a computer can appear to be a computer. :D
Actual terminology aside, Sherlock Holmes, Lord_Kappa makes a most excellent suggestion. :)
Hmm. I was attempting to avoid the inevitable conclusions about my personality with that "computer" reference. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Chandypaw wrote:
Hmm. I was attempting to avoid the inevitable conclusions about my personality with that "computer" reference. ;)
Or perhaps with that of a pig. ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

... you look like a computer to me... :anxious:

;)

:shame: *tsk* *tsk* Holmes, you can loose more than your pride making mistakes like that. Myopia rather than auditory facilities, *hrumph.* Whatever that means anyways.

;)

Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:Fortunately, the Town of Odyssey isn't the message board version of the parody film, "Without A Clue" (wherein Dr. Watson was portrayed as the brilliant mastermind behind the partnership and Sherlock Holmes was a miserable pawn in his grand scheme).

That's what you think. :noway:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

hmm... I wonder how this topic went from Hilary Clinton to Sherlock holmes and Dr. Watson :-k :rofl:
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Probably because they're more interesting and of more worth to talk about than anything Hilary Clinton might do or say. :-
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

How, what ever happen to the Hilary and Obama thread?

Any way, chose a candidate and you will get a surprise! :evillaugh:

OBAMA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWpvkLCvu4

CLINTON: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTB62AaH-4
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Alas, the thread has been relegated to the dimly-lit regions of Campbell County Debate Society and can be located here:

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=17314
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I received notice that a reply had been posted to this thread.

*Glares at Sherlock* You caught my interest for nothing! ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I....don't even remember starting this thread. :anxious:
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Simbelmyne34 wrote:I....don't even remember starting this thread. :anxious:
That is all right, I don't remember it either.
Do you believe in the couch?
mike_rowe
I've been here a bit

Post by mike_rowe »

obama is kinda disturbing, i mean with his purple lips and gigantic ears

AND HIS FREAKY DANCE! i would not want to see the thing up close!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I don't want Obama or Clinton to win. However, Hilary scares me more than Obama. Everything about her is frightening. And her smile looks...possesed. Chills go up my spine when I see her.

I hope we get a good Christian Republican in office.

Go McCain!