Zappazoids

Would it make a good video game?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Zappazoids

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Now that I think of it, it really wouldn't be that good.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Considering it originally started as an arcade game, I can imagine it was modeled after the classic arcades of its time. Don't know whether it would compete with the games of the Wii, 360, or PS3... but there's something to say for the timelessness of the original games. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I would spend all my money playing it! \:D/

OK, maybe not. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

"Zappazoids" is never clearly spelled out. It may seem lame if you were playing the original arcade version. Then again, it may be the most amazing video game of all time and only the fictional characters are able to experience it.

So, really, you could design your own version of the game to be whatever you wanted and as exciting as you wanted.

I'm not good with video games, so someone else would have to come up with ideas.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

From the discription in "The Prodigal Jimmy" it sounds a lot like space invaders (which is an awesome video game)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The original one basically seems to be that type... some kind of space shooter, in any event. Though I'm sure the Zappazoids franchise has changed with time and they are still pumping out sequels. ;) Why just the other day I saw the kart racing version in the store, and the RTS is coming out this fall. ;) I never cared for the first person shooter Zappazoid: Renegade, though. :noway:
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

The Top Crusader wrote:The original one basically seems to be that type... some kind of space shooter, in any event. Though I'm sure the Zappazoids franchise has changed with time and they are still pumping out sequels. ;) Why just the other day I saw the kart racing version in the store, and the RTS is coming out this fall. ;) I never cared for the first person shooter Zappazoid: Renegade, though. :noway:
I'm not much of a shooter person, either, but I can't wait for the MMORPG "Zappazoids Universe" next year (but it'll probably get delayed)! It'll be even better than last year's "Zappazoids Zirconium Version" and "Zappazoids Titanium Version!"