Applesauce

What is it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Honeygirl911
Not as new

Applesauce

Post by Honeygirl911 »

I have wondered what the program Applesauce had on it. My friend also wondered that too. Someone at school told me that it was a rpogram about Jenny, but I am curious to find out what was really in the applesauce program, so does anyone know?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Applesauce was introduced in "A bite of Applesauce", an important and very old episode. Whit leaves town for a while and leaves the shop to Eugene and Connie, they accidentally use applesuace which shuts down everything in Whit's End. At the end of the episode Connie and Eugene get fired. You should really try to listen to the episode to find out more about applesauce but that's a basic summary. Also applesuace is brought back in the Novacom saga.[/u]
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I don't remember Applesauce having anything to do with Jenny (though it's possible I could have missed something in one of the episodes...); you should ask the person at school which show they heard that from...it's possible they're remembering the death program Whit put on the Imagination Station in "The Mortal Coil".

I don't remember much about the Applesauce program specifically except that it was a secret, powerful government program...I'm sure someone on here can fill in more details ;) .
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I was always under the impression that Applesauce had more to do with the running of all of the gizmos (like the Imagination Station) at Whit's End and was also used by the government and was designed by Whit because of his work for the government.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I dont think they ever fully explaned applesauce.
Becuse there is a lot more to it than meets the eye I think
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Well, in "Accidental Dilemma" Shermie said that he invented Applesauce, but I thought Whit invented it....I don't really know what it does, but it's important to the government.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's mashed up apples.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

He is a member here.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Applesauce was introduced in "A bite of Applesauce", an important and very old episode. Whit leaves town for a while and leaves the shop to Eugene and Connie, they accidentally use applesuace which shuts down everything in Whit's End. At the end of the episode Connie and Eugene get fired. You should really try to listen to the episode to find out more about applesauce but that's a basic summary. Also applesuace is brought back in the Novacom saga.[/u]
in the Novacom saga Applesauce was only a password to destroy the IS
Save Eugene in the character competition!
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Jared deWhite wrote: in the Novacom saga Applesauce was only a password to destroy the IS
True, but it MIGHT have had something to do with the program Applesauce... :-k
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Okay, I'm only guessing, and it is pretty much guess work with this topic, so...I think Applesauce was, of course, a program for the government to keep somethign secret. No one could get into it. Whit made it, and another key is...he had the mineral under Whit's End to help him make TA-418, the T for Tasha, the A for Avery. I'm thinking the formula for TA-418, and anything dealing with the Ruku virus was in that program. Why would Blackgaard want it sooo much? He wanted Applesauce...with meek success...then he went after a laptop computer in Chicago...any idea what was on it? Well, no one knows...but I'm guessing having to do something with Applesauce, TA-418, or the Ruku virus. Who knows. Then Blackgaard goes straight for the tunnel under Whit's End. How he found out...anybodies guess. A hunch on his part. ANNAN gives vague info on anything at all. Well, except info on TA-418 and the Ruku virus, and dangerous virus. Put into the hands of Dr. Regis Blackgaard... I curl in horror. Anyone read "Black" by Ted Dekker before? Yeah, that comes to my mind dealing with this...*shudders*

But, that is all a guess on my part. Seems...logical, but maybe not. Just, Blackgaard wanted one thing, and after years of trying, something had to be a favor on his part...it just took time. Of course, it TOOK A LONG TIME! I laugh at how smart he can be...

That's my idea. Other than that, why would the government be like that? Whit? Blackgaard?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

You also have to think of the information given about Applesauce in: "Accidental Dilemma"
Honeygirl911
Not as new

Post by Honeygirl911 »

The Top Crusader
1st ToO Mayor

It's mashed up apples

I think everyone knows that. I only knew about the program Applesauce in a few of the episodes mostly in the episode A Bite Of Applesauce I was actually kind of surprised that WHit fired Connie and Eugene, but i guess I couldn't blame him he was doing what he thought was right.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

He was joking, honey.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.