Best Live Performances?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Best Live Performances?

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

For me, the best live concert performance is by.....

Queen.

But not just ANY queen.

The Queen with Freddie Mercury ;).

HE has an AWESOME voice. Amazing control, and great tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDuipYrUqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQZpjEu3O4

Wooh. Beautiful Performances :D
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Ashlee Simpson is simply amazing. I envy her... *sigh*
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

dcTalk

Supernatural Tour

Best show ever assembled. Period.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Evidently Ryan is out of his Pink Floyd phase? ;) If he were still in it, he'd need to say The Wall or Dark Side.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Darcie wrote:Evidently Ryan is out of his Pink Floyd phase? ;) If he were still in it, he'd need to say The Wall or Dark Side.
Actually I was waiting for more people to post, so I could post the bands in individual posts....:p

The wall FTW!!! All phaser like and such.....then there is Rush with the keyboard phasers.....woot for phasers :D

And also:

Guns 'N Roses.

Nickelback.

Joe Satriani.

And I don't really enjoy their music....one or two songs here and there, but having a totally amazing show, is Kiss.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I don't usually go to live shows (have you SEEN the price of average tickets, lately?) but I did recently enjoy seeing Andre Rieu in concert and, earlier this year, Josh Groban.

For Christian groups, I've seen Toby Mac, Switchfoot (which oddly, reminded me of Aerosmith), and Go Fish quite a number of times back in high school.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

STRYPER wrote:dcTalk

Supernatural Tour

Best show ever assembled. Period.
*high fives STRYPER*

Absolutely. I've been to many, many concerts... but that was by far the best ever. \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Ryan wrote:The wall FTW!!! All phaser like and such.....then there is Rush with the keyboard phasers.....woot for phasers :D

Joe Satriani.
I've always wanted to see Rush...

As Joe Satriani is one of my favorite artists, I've seen him twice and he's good... but not as good as dcTalk that night :D

One of the cool things they did was bring on the horn players from The W's (who opened for them) and included them in a few songs.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ryan wrote:And I don't really enjoy their music....one or two songs here and there, but having a totally amazing show, is Kiss.
I've never liked them, but I did happen to a show of theirs at Dodger Stadium... it was cool! There was swinging over the crowd to a platform in the field and lots of other effects!!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Toby Mac sure puts on a great concert! \:D/

I saw him in concert a few years ago and he had the whole auditorium dancing almost.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Casting Crowns.... Mark Hall was HILARIOUS! and the band got everyone singing (especially the very last song.... "What If His People Prayed".... Mark was odd, and it got my best friend laughing.)
And we think Ben Glenn was even there, though I can't find any evidence of it. Oh well.
But it was AWESOME! The best ever.

But, it might be the best since I can barely remember Backstreet Boys (Black and Blue, twice...), N'sync, Rick Martin (I hate butts...), and I've been apparently to Amy Grant with Michael W. Smith and Point of Grace. I don't even remember this. I've been to Mahnhimsteam Roller (SP?) and am about to again.

Brandon Heath wasn't the greatest, but I did get to meet him.
Other than that, I can't think of anyone. Unless it was Celine Dion, which I can't remember either, because I was again too little....

Love, Marisol.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

And you're 15? :-s

Black and Blue tour happened when you were 9...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Willie Nelson! I remembered because of the posts above about ages. I've seen him once, but my daughter has been to his shows twice already! Both were at the LA County Fair when she was 5 weeks and then again at one year. I missed the second because I was working. :( He really puts on a good show, whether you're a fan of him or not.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

STRYPER wrote:And you're 15? :-s

Black and Blue tour happened when you were 9...
Inquiring: Ha?
(Oh well.
Yeah, I'm 15 (I shouldn't be saying that, but yes,) And I can still remember some of it. Since my family wasn't into the BSB until about Millenium (which reminds me, again...), we only got to go to the Black and Blue tour, which they came to Porltand. And for some reason, they came twice. Don't ask me, I forgot that reason. But it was only 6 years ago. It was about my last concert until Casting Crowns. Which I am so very thankful I went to.
But, yeah. (still unsure, no offense, why it is such a troubling topic...)
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Family Force 5!!
It was hillarious! They were yelling and screaming their lungs out and rolling and jumping all over the place! It was great!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I know this isn't a band or anything, and I watched it on Youtube, but the girl who's playing Ariel in the Little Mermaid on Broadway is really good! =D> Unfortunatly, Little Mermaid is one of the many shows that got shut down yesterday because of the strike. >_> But, Mary Poppins is still on and Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) and the guy who plays Bert are excellent too. \:D/
Last edited by Kairi on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
aiofan
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by aiofan »

i really liked dc talk, they put on a good show, so do the newsboys and skillet. i also always like relient k. :)

oh...and drum corp stuff is always fun to watch too...never seen one live though...
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I saw Weird Al Yankovic :D @ the House of Blues, it was to awesome. He dressed up for different songs, they some people come out dress as storm troopers for his Star Wars songs, he had streamers blast out and 'money' fall from the sky, they had videos play between almost everyother song and Al was entertianing. I'll remember that night for a long time. \:D/

-Robo
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

These days its hard to find good live bands but....

The best live band would have to be Muse. Their live performances sound similar to their recordings. In fact i prefer some of their live stuff opposed to the recordings. They just have so much energy!! I think they won the best live act award in Europe or something.

I noticed someone said GnR. I'm a huge GnR fan but honestly they aren't good live at all. Axel sounds completely horrible and Slash is never in time with the song. Its probably because they are all high as a kite.

Go check Muse out on youtube. You'll know what I mean.

You got to watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehTwfWjsUxw
my fav muse song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrAnL4Un-U
this one is also very good (accurately depicts their live capabilities)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQj0lXWomow
notice @ around 6 minutes he switches from his guitar to piano. They rock! (this one shows more accurately how good they are live)
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:For Christian groups, I've seen Toby Mac, Switchfoot (which oddly, reminded me of Aerosmith), and Go Fish quite a number of times back in high school.
Cool! Go Fish was the band I was about to mention! :D

I can't even remember the names of many of the bands or artists I've seen (I didn't think I went to concerts that often, but I realized I go to a lot of performances like Lifest where there are several artists in one place)... but my two favorite performances that I can think of right now are probably Go Fish and Steven Curtis Chapmin...actually make that three....I love hearing Sara Groves live as well. I've also heard Michael Card and Jason Gray are definitely must-see performances due to how they tell the stories behind the songs, but I've never actually seen either one of them in concert.