Random Singing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Yes I randomly start singing all the time! Infact sometimes I sing songs I hate or think are bad. Isn't that random!?

-Robo
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Yeah...I'm semi-notorious for breaking out into random humming or singing....especially when I'm working or doing homework. I'm an "assistant housekeeper" for the summer here at school (meaning I'm one of the people cleaning the dorms), and I'm usually by myself cleaning bathrooms or the front windows on the doors, so to entertain myself (and others who happen to be around ;) ), I'll start singing as many songs as I can think of. Usually it's praise and worship or songs from some of my favorite Contempory Christian artists like Michael Card or Jason Gray.
alwayz_darknes_never_dawn
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by alwayz_darknes_never_dawn »

Robo wrote:Yes I randomly start singing all the time! Infact sometimes I sing songs I hate or think are bad. Isn't that random!?

-Robo
Ugg, where I work, the music system plays this awful pop music just a lot of rap, hip-hop, and emo.

I sometimes catch myself singing Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, or This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race by Fallout boy

And I HAAAAATTTTE Both those bands
"How Can The Darkness Feel So Wrong?" - Evanescence

www.christiangoth.com - One of my many homes away from home on the internet.

Christian and Goth all in one, I'm a terrific combination!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

alwayz_darknes_never_dawn wrote:At times a few months back I would just start randomly bursting into songs from Rent. I pretty much have the whole soundtrack memorized.
I kept singing the very beginning of Rent and "One Song Glory" to myself last night... I can't figure out if it got there from reading this thread or it was already there randomly. :-k

When it wasn't that, it was a silly camp song about paying for a donut with a nickel that has a hole in it. My local ice cream truck plays that tune. But how long ago were donuts only 5 cents?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I do random singing all the time. I could be listening to the radio, and just start singing a song, like "Poster Girl" Backstreet Boys, or "Wish You Were Here" Mark Harris, or any other song. Usually Poster Girl is stuck in my head though. I even caught something in my head, like Daughtry, and I'll be singing it, and my Uncle will give me a weird look and ask what I'm saying and doing. I usually am moving my arms when I sing randomly. It's funny!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Oh yeah I do it ALL the time.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

...where did I go wrong, I lost a friend, somewhere a long- in the bitterness, and I would have stayed up with you all night, if I'd known...how to save a life...

--

la...la..lah!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Guilty.

I some-times make my songs up, but when I don't they are worship songs or Les Miserables pieces.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I'll randomly sing a horrible version of some Kelly Clarkson song or Avril Lavigne, even the not so clean ones. O:)

But sometimes I'll just hum some hard rock, even though I'm not a fan of that genre.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Catspaw wrote: My singing prohibits singing random songs in public, but when there aren't other people around, or at least just my family, I like to sing whatever song enters my mind! \:D/
I rarely let my lack of vocal talent stop me!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Me either! \:D/ I like to sing loudly and off-key a lot.

Dr. Watson is rather famous in our family for his random singing - his usual choices are "O Tannenbaum," that song that starts out "When I was a lad I served a term, as office boy to an attorney's firm," and a bass part from the Messiah. (The people that walk in darkness.) Very...interesting brother to have around. O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
redcanadian87
I'm a teapot

Post by redcanadian87 »

I started singing at work today. I work in a restaurant, and there was no one in for supper, no one at all. My boss went home for a break when I got there, and it wasn't long before I was going crazy for lack of things to do.

Singing to the rescue!

I just started singing random Jazz vocal stylings, and sang many a random, brand new, happy diddy. It was wonderful. Especially since I had some big brass band Jazz music playing the background, which had little effect on the key or melody that I sang: it was simply the inspiration for the genre of music that came out of my mouth. :D

"Just happily working along
Happily singing this song
Joy in my heart
it's a great place to start
Gonna praise You through these circumstances"

That was one of them.

:)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I constantly have songs going through my head. Occasionally, they break through. Bradley Doyle can testify...
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Me either! \:D/ I like to sing loudly and off-key a lot.

Dr. Watson is rather famous in our family for his random singing - his usual choices are "O Tannenbaum," that song that starts out "When I was a lad I served a term, as office boy to an attorney's firm," and a bass part from the Messiah. (The people that walk in darkness.) Very...interesting brother to have around. O:)
hmm, my brother sounds like yours...... \:D/

Sometimes, if we are in a silly mood, my younger brother and I try doing some harmonizing! :-

Although, it mostly sounds like a couple dying geese! O:)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Alisha Richardson Wolfe
Fourscore and seven

Post by Alisha Richardson Wolfe »

Hmmm.... yeah. I do, especially in front of my friends. I start singing "Every Time I Breathe" or "Give You Glory" and my friends give me a weird look. They listen to Country or Daughtry or some weird person. I am all for Christian. They haven't heard the songs I listen to. Big Daddy Weave and Jeremy Camp are awesome, along with MercyMe. And Steven Curtis Chapman and Casting Crowns, and many others.
I like Odyssey. DBD was my favorite saga and I am friends with Eric Delko and prplrane_13. Marisol Delko Caine is my sister. I like Ponybox and listen to Linkin Park and Newsboys.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Does anyone else like to sing in harmony with the songs on the radio or on their CDs? A lot of times I'll bring my CD player when I clean the dorms (which can be a tedious and somewhat mindless job at times), and, because I have a habit of singing harmony to the songs, I'll do that while I clean the bathrooms or whatever...and of course, I'm the only one who can hear the song; everyone else just hears my made-up harmony. I can just imagine how off-key I must sound...fortunately, I don't believe I've gotten any weird looks yet (though I do try to avoid doing just harmony unless I'm pretty sure no one is around...).
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Whenever someone says something says something that reminds me about The Fray {which is ALOT, like "over my head" or saving something, or even talking about politics or city hall *see signature*}
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Haha! Do I ever.

"Insolent boy, this slave of fashion, basking in your glory! Ignorant fool, this brave young suitor, sharing in my triumph!" (Gerard Butler has nothing on my faked voice! ;) ) Of course, everyone nearby usually turns to give me odd looks.

That, and random other songs from random other sources (including Coldplay, LotR, and Ploutarxos).
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I enjoy suddenly breaking out and singing hard rock/punk rock. Most of my family hates the stuff, so I just do it to annoy them. \:D/ Just kidding...

I randomly start singing songs on busses and the like. I'm not ashamed of the way my voice sounds, and my mother has made sure that us kids can sing on tune, so it's fun to watch people stare at you while you sing. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My mind is like an IPod on shuffle. I don't sing the songs, but I have a random song in my head at all times. Right now it's Cruel Summer by Bananarama.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz